Discussion - Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

Kurome

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
What do you think about the coming movie? Any theories, spoilers maybe(dunno from where :?bunny )??

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My theory on Fairy Tail's second movie is that it is going to be focused around what Natsu was doing during the 1 Year Time-skip, just because we know that Natsu clearly has something up his sleeve (literally) and because the poster we were show had Natsu's arm going crazy.

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My theory on Fairy Tail's second movie is that it is going to be focused around what Natsu was doing during the 1 Year Time-skip, just because we know that Natsu clearly has something up his sleeve (literally) and because the poster we were show had Natsu's arm going crazy.
I personally feel like that would be really boring cause we know that the major think he did during the 1 year timeskip was training .
Did'nt the 1st movie happen in a diff timeline ?

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I personally feel like that would be really boring cause we know that the major think he did during the 1 year timeskip was training .
Did'nt the 1st movie happen in a diff timeline ?
I'm not even sure xD

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Judging from mashima's latest tweet the movie is progressing and he hopes to make an announcement soon.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Judging from mashima's latest tweet the movie is progressing and he hopes to make an announcement soon.
It has been a while since he announced it.

Leyla

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The very next chapter will reveal some informations. Well not the chapter itself but you know what I tried to say xD

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you guys think it's possible the movie takes place after the series ends, kind of like Naruto The Last? And maybe that's why we haven't gotten any info for almost a year?

Leyla

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Do you guys think it's possible the movie takes place after the series ends, kind of like Naruto The Last? And maybe that's why we haven't gotten any info for almost a year?
Mashima-sensei twittered that there will be huge informations in the movie so maybe it was kept as a secret to avoid spoilers?

kaizen07

Reaction score
Country
Spain
That's exactly what's on my mind. When the first movie was being produced, there wasn't much info but at least we knew some stuff a few months after the announcement was there. In this case, it's been like a year and we got nothing. The problem is it's the same with the OVA so I dunno.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Maybe there is something in animator crew, or studio, or another part? Or Mashima was too busy to focus on manga. Dunno exactly

The problem is it's the same with the OVA so I dunno.
You mean punishment game OVA?

kaizen07

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Regarding that info image included in today's chapter, the movie seems to be canon. Mashima is working on it and as a curious detail, it mentions something about a shocking issue (?).

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here's a translation done by WireMouse of /r/fairytail on reddit. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/fairytail/comments/43q7i4/news_translation_for_movie_blurb_in_the_latest/

Fairy Tail: The second movie!!!!!!
Ultra scoop!
This one volume certainly isn't shy on pages!
The weekly magazine editors went to the reception table where they found a thick stack of pages with a name written on them. What this means is that they found the original in-progress second movie script! The name on it is, of course, Mashima Hiro-sensei's signature (it's hard to confirm in the photograph, though). They were surprised that he was able to draw this much material while he's still continuing the weekly series, and its contents were shocking! Separate from the main series plot, it's a whole new story ready to burst onto the scene!!
Mashima-sensei has 193 pages of new and original writing!
Image board for rough character designs. You can see tons of autographed images one right after another!
Mashima-sensei says, "Including the names, these sketches are still in a very rough form." It seems that way, but even the way they look now, the pictures are still as amazing as expected!
Get the latest information here in this magazine! The second movie is looking to be even better than the first, so stay tuned!

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
So basically nothing worth it. Except that it likely does not follow the time line.

Heeroaku

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The timeline is more than likely between Avatar and Alvarez Arc's, note natsu's arm bandage.

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
About the movie.

We will have to wait at least one year to see it. I hate that.

juviichan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
yes >< in Japan im sure that they will see it when its coming out... and we... will see this at least in the middle of 2017 :-_-
i dont care if theres no translation let us see the raws when the movie coming out in Japann reallyy i hate to wait for thiss

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
If we're lucky, we could get an international release again. I'm pretty sure they did it with the last one too.

juviichan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
as i recall, before it got animated, we saw `the first morning`(the prouloge for the previous movie) in the manga. so... thats possible we will get more informetion.