Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
really? mind where you get this from. Im very curious. Im also curious which of the group did he design. the guy that fill in love with lucy and angel doesnt look like he was designed by mashima
Read the chapter that Yukino was trying to offer her keys to Lucy after she got excommunicated from Sabertooth. Yukino mentions the Zentopia incident when referencing why Celestial Spirit wizards are becoming obsolete.

I dunno. I feel like Dragon cry is a lot of things for Mashima. The most commonly mention on here by you guys are Acnologia's backstory and Capricorn star dress. But even little things like Carla and Wendy fighting together (because Carla was basically used as hostage for Wendy and Chelia in Dimaria fight). Juvia also gets to fight with Gray and for him while in the manga she only fought against him. And now that we got to see a touch of END and dragon force in the manga.... it seems unless Natsu uses something at the end.... the dragon form here is it. Plus Erza's mom used Jellal's magic and Erza uses it here. And in that sense I consider it semi canon since it seems he purposely didn't put this stuff in alvarez because he's been working on this movie for 2 years. It's not a coincidence what's in the movie just happened to be left out of the current arc.
It was mentioned in one of the brochures promoting the movie that the entirety of it wasn't canon but Mashima stated later in some interviews it had parts that tied into the main series. It's deff semi-canon now with some of the main plot revealed to use. Animus pointed out that Natsu was END which is why people like me believe the dragonized form is really his demon form but we just have to wait for the full movie to get the best idea on it. I think his only form canoncially he would be able to go is demon since he destroyed his dragon seed so he can't go full dragon like the other dragon slayers can.
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
Thanks for the videos.

The zentopia arc and the eclipsed spirits are canon, but mashima did not have the time to set them.

But it was also said that for the animated their stories was modified because judged too dark so they modified.

Which is pretty pity I find, I would have liked to see the original scenarios.

Now one can say that that is the first film and the 2 nd that they are canon or semi-canon.

Because they do not disturb history at all and do not bring revelation on the continuation of history and are not inconsistent in history.

The 1 st this situating during the 3 months after GJM and the other being located just before of sought makarof apparently.
 

Rzerox21xx

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
289
Reaction score
836
Age
42
Country
United States
Thanks for the videos.

The zentopia arc and the eclipsed spirits are canon, but mashima did not have the time to set them.

But it was also said that for the animated their stories was modified because judged too dark so they modified.

Which is pretty pity I find, I would have liked to see the original scenarios.

Now one can say that that is the first film and the 2 nd that they are canon or semi-canon.

Because they do not disturb history at all and do not bring revelation on the continuation of history and are not inconsistent in history.

The 1 st this situating during the 3 months after GJM and the other being located just before of sought makarof apparently.

that was less than 3 months, because GMG happened in early July according to Future Lucy and well in Alveraz when Brandish was warning everyone about August, Happy pointed out that its September and that was about almost exactly a year after Tartaros. so around a month a half in between GMG and Sun village. yeah the first film had to take place in GMG despite Elfman and Juvia looking like how they are pre-GMG but FT not being in the run-downed guild but instead having the big guildhall back. yeah its pretty fun to determined which takes place when and where. well to be on subject, sorry I drifted it. Yeah I want DC to be canon because well Mashima worked so hard on it and he even drew 200 pages(was it?) of rough sketches of the movie. I was hoping it was like Naruto the Last was to the manga when Kishimoto considered it canon.
 

Rzerox21xx

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
289
Reaction score
836
Age
42
Country
United States
Hey guys if you are interested, in fandango, if you see the later show dates of dragon cry, it said dubbed. I asked Todd Haberkorn, Cherami, Brina, Newton ect if this is true. Haberkorn responded with a tweet "hell yeah" go to Haberkorn twitter for proof. there you have it, I guess Dragon Cry been dubbed already.
 

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
Hey guys if you are interested, in fandango, if you see the later show dates of dragon cry, it said dubbed. I asked Todd Haberkorn, Cherami, Brina, Newton ect if this is true. Haberkorn responded with a tweet "hell yeah" go to Haberkorn twitter for proof. there you have it, I guess Dragon Cry been dubbed already.
:zomg thats great well funimation dub animes faster including movies so yeah i was sure they were gonna release the dub sooner or later
well I heard Todd said at one of the conventions someone recorded Natsu was his fav character hes done so far.
and I asked Cherami this was back when she came to aussie and before the 2014 series was dubbed if she were gonna dub it and she did admit Lucy is her fav character to play too
 
Last edited:

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
I
:zomg thats great well funimation dub animes faster including movies so yeah i was sure they were gonna release the dub sooner or later
well I heard Todd said at one of the conventions someone recorded Natsu was his fav character hes done so far.
and I asked Cherami this was back when she came to aussie and before the 2014 series was dubbed if she were gonna dub it and she did admit Lucy is her fav character to play too
I wonder when it will be released on a app
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Does it really take that long?
I was joking. More like one year. The anime ended March 2016 on Japanese TV and the DVD was released in Englidh December of last year so that could mean it's soon.
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
I was joking. More like one year. The anime ended March 2016 on Japanese TV and the DVD was released in Englidh December of last year so that could mean it's soon.
I hope its soon lol saw it 3 times but no more money to go to a theatre lol
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
I wonder how animus knew that Natsu is end and what made him turn into a half dragon
 

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
I wonder how animus knew that Natsu is end and what made him turn into a half dragon
I think he can sense his power

well funimation is bringing out animes faster so im sure they are fast with movies aswell
 

Natsu1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
233
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Country
United States
Are they making a dub I hope so because I had a hard time reading the subtitles throughout the entire movie
 

Gabo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
2,111
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Read the chapter that Yukino was trying to offer her keys to Lucy after she got excommunicated from Sabertooth. Yukino mentions the Zentopia incident when referencing why Celestial Spirit wizards are becoming obsolete.
This is the Proof

 

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
Are they making a dub I hope so because I had a hard time reading the subtitles throughout the entire movie
lol well I heard a fan asked Todd Haberkorn on his twitter whose the eng voice for Natsu and he says hell yea
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Sonya is deff canon. Only one from Dragon Cry that was in the end.
 
Top