Anime Fairytail Anime 2017 Expectations

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
I'd like the drawing style of the 2nd series combined with the magic circles of the 1st one. I'd also like worthy animation and good battle coreography and effects. Animation like One Punch Man or the truly well animated Naruto battles (Kakashi vs Obito).

What I really want to see: most of the Alvarez battles well animated, particularly God Serena stomping, Erza vs Ajeel, Laxus vs Wahl, Brandish vs Lucy, Dimaria vs the Twin Sisters, August vs Glidartz, Irene vs Erza, Makarov's Fairy Law, Mirajane going all Alegria, not much more tbh.

I mean, it's not hard to improve the dynamics and animation of the first two series, battles were rather plain and little dynamic, frames were duplicated, background speed effect (truly lame), etc.
 

Verter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
2,467
Reaction score
2,009
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
For July.. we still didn't got a teaser. I also highly doubt about October.. coz now already April (just 6 months more).
Anyone remember when we got announce for FT 2014 anime ?!
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What I would like is for the new anime to bring something new. The first anime had magic circles and better moving animation but sometimes the art was just not there except for big arc episodes. While the second one had better art (except for those eyes with bangs and background characters like Lisanna and Cana looking weirdly disproportionate). I would like to see something new. Not sure what. Maybe something with how the magic is designed?? I would also like more filler to be added to smooth the short fights of Hiro's like how the first anime director filled jellal vs midnight in and added omakes and fillers to smooth the arcs and to add character development. Plus add maybe some foreshadowing. And maybe something between Avatar and Alvarez.

but parts I want to see most

Gray looking fly.......

Lucy's Earthwave

ANYTHING Irene Belserione (except her suicide)


Lucy x Strauss family moment and where Mira welcomed Lucy home (BEST GIRLS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER!!!) Mashima never gave me a Lucy and Mira teamup fight


Anything Wendy x Chelia (including their battles)

The Jacob fight (fight me)


On some Lenalee+Allen vs Akuma 4 type of inspiration

With Loke and Gemini


This moment of Ichiya vs Acnologia (Fight me)

Lucy vs Brandish


Natsu's attack here


Gray and Lucy vs Sand Wyverns



Laxus vs Wharl


Natsu's heart

Sting vs Larcade

Dimaria getting wrecked by Pseudo-END (please do not offpanel it like Mashima) which to me could have been one of Natsu's best fights this arc


SHIP MOMENTS for BIG 4 (not Zervis tho......)
 

sthrandom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
63
Age
31
Country
Slovakia
For July.. we still didn't got a teaser. I also highly doubt about October.. coz now already April (just 6 months more).
Anyone remember when we got announce for FT 2014 anime ?!
The announcement that FT 2014 was in works happened in August (not too sure about that), but I know that the starting date being April was announced late December.
 

Yunkers

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
676
Reaction score
790
Age
32
Country
Poland
I want anime to add some new material into story. There are some off-screen battles I want to see (eg. Serena vs. GoI, Ajeel vs. Lisanna&Elfman, Gildats vs Serena). Plus, I'm pretty disappointed with Crime Sorciere's role (or rather they didn't get any role). Previous series of anime added some things about them, so I hope the next series would also do so. Kinana and Eric MUST meet each other...
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I want anime to add some new material into story. There are some off-screen battles I want to see (eg. Serena vs. GoI, Ajeel vs. Lisanna&Elfman, Gildats vs Serena). Plus, I'm pretty disappointed with Crime Sorciere's role (or rather they didn't get any role). Previous series of anime added some things about them, so I hope the next series would also do so. Kinana and Eric MUST meet each other...
True, I also hope it's more scenes that Hiro left out due to weekly constraints. What I mean, episode 240 was the Crime Sorceiere filler episode, but it wasn't actually filler. It was meant to be in the manga. One scene I hope we get is seeing how all the Spriggan 12 get to FT, that won't be a episode long part but it could be a good 10 mins or so. My guess it was Jacob's Transport that picked them all up. Stuff like Erza locating Gray and Natsu to stop them fighting, banter between Dimaria visiting Brandish's room as well as the S12 meeting would be nice. Extended fights are givens, God Serena vs. GoI is the best candidate, seeing him destroy them without his magic would be cool to see.
 
Last edited:

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,939
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
My expectations: the studio is ufotable, the composer is Yuki Kajiura, and the fights are extended. Do I sound like expecting too much? :D
 

Costanza

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2016
Messages
53
Reaction score
79
Age
35
Country
Canada
Just want the art and animation to be much better. The first series had a more colourful and cartoony feel to it but it worked. FT 2014, I don't know. Just hated their pointy faces and the washed out colours.
 

sardinestunasalmon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2016
Messages
325
Reaction score
558
Age
33
Country
Philippines
I'm expecting a filler arc to fill the 1year timeskip. And a carefree episodic filler of Natsu and Lucy travelling to regroup FT. I mean if Naruto and One Piece can find ways to insert filler arcs, I'm not seeing Fairy Tail not using such big opportunity in front of them, which is tbh would not be out of place. I for one, would like to see Laxus playing the host in BP.


As for specific scenes I want to see:


Natsu's roar against Bluenote. I'm sure that would be animated greatly. All epic roars from a DS has always been animated well for me.


Brandish Intro. That scene was really hyped af. Although we know what will happen in the end, Brandish really did well on putting a high bar for the Spriggans.


Irene vs Acno. Short intense battles are always good.


Irene vs Erza and Wendy. I want to see Wendy Belserion and Dues Sema animated.


Sky Sister's vs Dimaria. That fight was one of the better fights for me in this arc.


Gajeel vs Bradman. Just so I can see Gajeel in DF animated already.


Mira in Satan Soul Alegria. Because Mira is bae, and it was Mira's only badass moment in this arc
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
12,875
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
The Anime team should extent the fights, since Mashima joined the new project of the anime i think he will add many things, I feel like he is forced to rush his manga hence one shots and off paneled fights, It's a way to progress the story faster.

I want to see everything animated.

ofc a panel like is so cool to be animated
 

lexx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
803
Reaction score
520
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
God Serena utterly curb-stomping the 4 Gods of Ishkur...then getting one-shot killed by Acnologia.
 

Pheromone

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2017
Messages
131
Reaction score
426
Country
Tartaros
END vs Demonized Gray

Probably the best choreographed fight in this arc.


This is so hype.

One of the things I found poetic about this fight was that Lucy's "death" broke Natsu, and Juvia's "death" broke Gray.

I really hope the anime team works with this background and emphasizes this, showing just how much Lucy and Juvia mean to Natsu and Gray.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
One-shots and Fanservice ????
 

Azgorath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 3, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Age
34
Country
South Africa
For me, the music was more important than the animation. Can't wait to hear the new soundtracks. Hopefully the thing about the next season coming on 7 September is true. Wonder if there is gonna be a teaser after the Dragon Cry movie credits.
 

sthrandom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
63
Age
31
Country
Slovakia
Hopefully the thing about the next season coming on 7 September is true.
It is not. That 'info' came from a clickbait site. Besides, it wouldn't start mid-season, early September is still the summer season for anime.
 

evildeadfan102

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
63
Age
37
Country
United Kingdom
It is not. That 'info' came from a clickbait site. Besides, it wouldn't start mid-season, early September is still the summer season for anime.
i hope its september and not next year. Its so long to wait :( Im waiting for dub so it will be like 3 months later as well. I just hope it comes back this year.
Mashima lied on twitter when he said this break wouldnt be as long as the last as its now longer.
 

sthrandom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
63
Age
31
Country
Slovakia
i hope its september and not next year. Its so long to wait :( Im waiting for dub so it will be like 3 months later as well. I just hope it comes back this year.
Mashima lied on twitter when he said this break wouldnt be as long as the last as its now longer.
I don't remember that tweet :o Do you perhaps have a link to it?
 

evildeadfan102

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
63
Age
37
Country
United Kingdom
I don't remember that tweet :o Do you perhaps have a link to it?
honestly i dont know how to find it, maybe i dreamed up even though i recall that tweet oh well :P
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
As far as i remember Sensei said he is now personally involved in the Anime project and trying to find a new studio.
 
Top