Game Fan League Discussion Thread

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
For Saiki I think he means:

-Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, his effect/aura is negated and the player adds/removes the same points as the opponent was supposed to and then +3

As for Atobe's Super Attack Style, I quite like the one chaos made and I think it works quite nicely. Though, since he's my character I'll leave the voting up to you guys.

As for Niou, I'm fine witht he stats dropping idea. But make the stakes a little higher. If he gets his prediction right, then he drops his opponents stats by like 8-10 points and uses another effect at 100%. If he gets it wrong, he drops his own stats by about 4-5 points and can only copy at 50%
1.You're right Sai, that's what I was triying to explain.
2. About Niou: Fuji's stats didn´t drop. Fuji didn´t play worse. It was Niou who reach Tezuka's level with the exception of Zero Shiki Serve.With the Illusion I made, Niou reaches 90%Tezuka-Sanada-Atobe level, just like in the manga (he will get more copying them than Yuki or Ryoma, beacuse their effects are impossible to be copied)
3. I agree with Atobe's issue
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What I'm saying is that it was merely an Illusion, nothing more. He just appared to be Tezuka and Shiraishi and used their techniques. Maybe Fuji didn't play worse but Niou definetly didn't get a stat boost. Perhaps it's more accurate to assume that he was on the same level as Fuji all the time but gave up the first games for his preperation, then when he used Illusion, he started to play with full power.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What I'm saying is that it was merely an Illusion, nothing more. He just appared to be Tezuka and Shiraishi and used their techniques. Maybe Fuji didn't play worse but Niou definetly didn't get a stat boost. Perhaps it's more accurate to assume that he was on the same level as Fuji all the time but gave up the first games for his preperation, then when he used Illusion, he started to play with full power.
If he could play on Fuji's level from the beginning, there would be no meaning in mind raping him.

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing.
If his prediction is correct, he can choose one player of the league,who can not exceed Niou's points by up to 20.All his stats are copied.Also, Niou can copy one Effect,Aura of the chosen player.
If his prediction is wrong, Niou can choose an effect of a player of the league and use it.If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only 60% of its original effect are applied
This effect can not be copied
I agree with this version. Know what? If Chaos isn't happy with it, let's make Niou a little more risky.


-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing.
If his prediction is correct, he can choose one player of the league,who can not exceed Niou's points by up to 20.All his stats are copied.Also, Niou can copy one Effect,Aura of the chosen player
If his prediction is wrong, this effect is negated.
If the prediction is corrected, then Niou's effects cannot be negated.
He gets it right: BAM he's god. He gets it wrong...Then even KITE and other could beat him. For 35 points sounds good.

ONLY useful in Singles, and even then, only useful when abusing mind raping skills. You'd have to be crazy(or me) to spend 35 points in what is only useful if you can read minds.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe to give the Illusion a greater effect?

Anyways, he can copy (nearly) everything at full power. If he was prepared to copy Tezuka, it would have worked on anyone else just as well. At least, let's do the boost/drop thing for predictions, it's still better than the last version, I think.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Sherlock's version is too risky.Let's assure for Niou a few points even if he doesn's predict well. If he would be so bad without predicting, Yagyyu would have won him 7-0.

We need to discuss more Pinnacle of Wisdom. I like the one we actually have, even if it's not very manga-like: 8 points it's a reasonable boost..But we could also make it more like a prediction. What do you think about my version/Sai translation?
Pinnacle of Wisdom [Final Aura]:
When playing Singles, the player must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing. If he's right, and the opponent has added/removed points to the stats by Effects or Auras, his effect/aura is negated and the player adds/removes the same points as the opponent was supposed to and then +3
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I don't know, it's an aura, so I feel it should be better than that. This is too much hit/miss thing. What about if you choose 1 move from every player in the opponent team. Will that be too powerful?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As you might have noticed I hate it when the abilities are too different from the manga and I hate the Pinnacle because of that as well.

Nevertheless, your version doesn't display it well enough either, that's what I think at least. You see, you can use the Pinnacle regardless of the opponent, you don't have to predict whom you're playing against at all. The user only calculates which shots are necessary to win the next point and this is kinda hard to show in our system.
On the other hand, as Pinnacle of Hard Work became rather strong, I wouldn't mind making Pinnacle of Great Wisdom a bit more broken as well, maybe it could be Effect-canceling alongside a slight boost or something playstyle dependant.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Umm, that's why I think predicting the move that your opponent will be using would work, guess not.

On this, I think that Moujuu Aura need fix as well, the current version of pinnacle of great wisdom is actually perfect for it. It doesn't copy any effect.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't see your post when I wrote mine, so you mean that the predicted move is negated when it comes up and a boost is applied?

You're right about Moujuu, I would remove the 20 points condition though and reduce the boost by a total of 2 points though.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Yeah, that sounds pretty good, I agree with the Moujuu.

And your understanding of pinnacle of great wisdom is right as well, I think it will be a pretty good version.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Implementing your idea, I present

Pinnacle of Great Wisdom Version 3

The player has to choose one ability from every player of the opposing team. If that ability is used against Chitose/Tezuka, it is negated and the opponent's highest stat drops by 8 points. If two or more stats tie as the highest stat, the dropping points are divided equally. (Singles only)


Now then, how is this for Niou:

Niou Version 10 or so

Niou (8, 8, 8, 9, 33) 35
All-rounder

-Guess Who? [Effect]:
When playing Doubles, Niou can copy the Effects and Auras of his partner. This effect cannot be copied.

-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou has to predict his opponent as well as a copyable ability.
If the prediction is correct, the copied ability is applied at 100% and the opponent's stats drop by 2 points each. If the prediction was wrong, the copied ability is applied at 50% and all of Niou's stats drop by 1.5 points.
 
Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Sounds good to me. I say apply changes and lets get round 3 started. (always wondered though....why doesn't Bunta have Tecchu Atte or Jikansa Jigoku? Meh a problem for another time.)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'll post round 3 once we have agreed on Pinnacle of Great Wisdom, Illusion, Moujuu and all the other copying stuff.

Let me answer your question with a question; why doesn't Echizen have Drive B and so many other characters are missing abilities?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Why do you want always to reduce the points of Niou's rival?
Fuji played great VS Shiraishi/Tezuka.
Same goes to Golden Pair, even if that's Doubles: they even use the first time Oishi Territory

I like my version, and Niou' user, Sherlock, liked it too. What's the problem with it?
-Illusion [Effect]:
When playing Singles, Niou must make a prediction beforehand about who he will be playing.Then he chooses a player and a ability of it.
If his prediction is correct, he can choose one player of the league,who can not exceed Niou's points by up to 20.All his stats are copied.Also, Niou can copy one Effect,Aura of the chosen player.
If his prediction is wrong, Niou can choose an Effect of one player of the league and use it.If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only 60% of its original effect are applied
This effect can not be copied
Moujuu is pretty strange, and i don't understand it pretty well. I will like whatever you do
I like your Pinnacle of Wisdom
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Now that's look like a great wisdom. It's like super power-up version of Mizuki prediction, which only affect its user opponent. I think that's justified considering the cost.

pinnacle of perfection didn't need any fix through, auto-win is the perfection. But I think it need the 'cannot be negated', it doesn't make sense that someone can negate it.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Do you agree that Sai has more knowledge about PoT than we do?
If so:

Niou has this uncanny ability to make it seem like he is pulling off god like moves. I want to liken it to Yukimura's Sense Stealing Yips Tennis. He is somehow able to get it into your mind that you are playing someone you aren't. Part of it is his ability to pull off mannerisms and voice imitations (like what he did while climbing the mountain with Kabaji). The other part I believe is his ability to prepare ahead of time. In his match against Fuji, I think Niou was able to predict exactly who he would be playing and was able to prepare himself for the encounter. However, I think against Yagyuu, he did not know who he was going to face and thus only had very easy to apply illusions (the fake blood nonsense). Of course he is able to also do all these because he is himself a highly skilled player. His ability is as much a mental attack as much as it is a physical one.

I would say He needs to make his prediction before hand, If he is correct then he can copy the technique at 100% and then lower his opponents stats (due to mental attack), however if he is wrong he can only copy at 50% (to show that his illusion isn't working) and his opponents stats stay the same. Maybe add a stat drop just to show that his mental attack backfired.
That's what my version represents, I think it sounds logically.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I wouldn't say I know more, but I do have access to the source material in Japanese....and every so often there will be changes to lines here and there.

But for Niou, that's simply how I like to comprehend his ability. There's plenty of counter points, but that's simply how I make sense of it. Because otherwise, it doesn't make sense since Niou should have even beyond Kabaji level copying skills whihc I truly believe he doesn't (or how the hell would he have lost to yagyuu)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Man, there I go and praise you to support my point and you deny it. :p

No seriously, my interpretation of Illusion is very close to Sai's, he could just express it better than me.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
On Niou, I like Chaos version better.

This is why, as he said, Niou copy is not exactly 'perfect', which is describe by 100% copy move, but doesn't copy anything else. The opponent is 'mindrape', therefore, the stats decrease. His own power doesn't change beside copying move.

EDIT: It's weird, now I want a rematch with Sherlock which I'll probably lose, just so that Echizen can copy more stuff! Oh, well. I'm surprised that Rai can be copy, but it was shown during Echizen fight with Yukimura, so I guessed I really can't say anything to that.

Just some side question, nothing to do with the league. Can Yukimura control when his yips kick in? In http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/374/05/ he seemed to be not have control over it completely. However, in his fight with Sanada, I also found it weird that he can control to make it happen.

The weirdest is is that in chapter 374 Echizen is seemingly beating Yukimura using Tezuka 2 pinnacle, both of which got defeat by the Emperor like a joke. Yukimura seem to beat Sanada pretty easily. Umm... It's hard to explained, but it just feel weird.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
On Niou, I like Chaos version better.

This is why, as he said, Niou copy is not exactly 'perfect', which is describe by 100% copy move, but doesn't copy anything else. The opponent is 'mindrape', therefore, the stats decrease. His own power doesn't change beside copying move.

EDIT: It's weird, now I want a rematch with Sherlock which I'll probably lose, just so that Echizen can copy more stuff! Oh, well. I'm surprised that Rai can be copy, but it was shown during Echizen fight with Yukimura, so I guessed I really can't say anything to that.

Just some side question, nothing to do with the league. Can Yukimura control when his yips kick in? In http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/374/05/ he seemed to be not have control over it completely. However, in his fight with Sanada, I also found it weird that he can control to make it happen.

The weirdest is is that in chapter 374 Echizen is seemingly beating Yukimura using Tezuka 2 pinnacle, both of which got defeat by the Emperor like a joke. Yukimura seem to beat Sanada pretty easily. Umm... It's hard to explained, but it just feel weird.
I think he shows that he can control it in that chapter as well. On page 5, he goes oh shit but then when the 5th shot comes Yips activates perfectly. It might be coincidence but he could have activated it on purpose just as well, I think.
Also, it is said that Yukimura toyed with Echizen in the beginning, so there goes that. Sanada had special counters for both Pinnacles as well, whereas Yukimura's Yips works against everyone. (Hope this makes sense)
 
Top