Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Krauser Kirihara are specialist. They're a killing pair.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They only played each other ones though and the match was barely shown.
Jiro's tennis is inspired by Bunta's and Gin and Kawamura are rivals, so they actually have something besides being specialists going for them.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I don't think there are any more special pairs out there without it being a stretch, Chaos. I could be wrong though..
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, I think you are right, otherwise I probably would have put them up already.

I posted the list to make sure I didn't forget anything.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, personally I think you've got more then enough special pairs. Any more then that and it wouldn't take much thought to get a good doubles team working with two random characters.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The poll to determine the last two low tier characters for season 3 is over and the Shin Prince of Tennis Fan League development team would like to thank everyone who participated, the polls final results are:

1.) Chitose Miyuki 72.73%
2.) Urayama Shiita 45.45%
3.) Horio Satoshi 36.36%
4.) Arai Masahi 27.27%
5.) Fukushi Michiru 09.09%
6.) Kuki Kiichi 0%
Ushida Tetsuo
Nishikiori Tsubasa
Aragaki Kouichi
Shiranui Tomoya

Lastly, as there where 11 people who voted but we are currently only 8 people in the league (+Sherlock which makes 9), I'd be fairly interested in who else voted in the poll.
If said person is reading this and wishes to participate in the league next season, feel free to send me a pm.


For this round's spoiler, I'll present you the two characters you voted for low tier, enjoy:

Chitose Miyuki (1,2,1,1,5) 2
All-rounder; Lefty

-A Girl? [Tensei Feat]:
When playing Singles, all of the opponent's stats drop by 1 points each.

-Doroboo nii-chan[Feat]:
If the opponent is Tezuka, Miyuki automatically wins. (Singles only)

-Wall Practice [Feat]:
All of Miyuki's stats are boosted by 1.5 points.

Urayama Shiita (2, 2, 2, 2, 8) 2
All-rounder; Right handed

-Urayamashii de yansu! (You're Just Jealous)[Feat]:
If Shiita is but in reserves for this round, whenever a character with a lower base total surpasses a character with a higher base total by more than 5 points, The character with the lower base has his stats boosted by 1 each. This affects players on both teams.

-Rikkai Training [Feat]:
Shiita's stats are boosted by .5 points each for every Rikkai player on his team.

-Twist Shot [Effect]:
Shiita's Control and Spin are boosted by 1 each.
 
Last edited:

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yanagi Renji (8, 10, 8, 10, 36) 30
Defensive Baseliner; Right Handed

-Master [Title Feat]:
Renji's 'Data Tennis' cannot be negated. Should 'Data Tennis' be used against him, it is negated.

Can't it still give him the point boost that it used to? Perhaps 1.5 points each instead? If I compare him to Inui, Inui is a lot better.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm in favor of Master giving him a point boost.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I disagree on the point boost, I would however give him the ability to cut effects that can't be negated by 50%.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yanagi the ability to lower opponent - he mind rapes and his data efficiency is awesome. Point boost or opponent points cut I'd say.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The opponent already receives a drop in points when their technique is countered.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then how about a compromise Chaos? You can do the 50% on effects that can't be negated, but also give Renji one extra prediction, so he has 5 instead of 4?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wouldn't a compromise rather be to give him the cut and raise the drop for a succesful negation to 1.5 instead of 1?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Cut on effect that can't be negate which is usually VERY powerful is more powerful than point boost hell lot of a time. There's no need to give anything else if he can cut the effect. Point boost is much less powerful. What would u want? Cutting Hoshi Hanabi in half or rather upping all your stat by 1 which = 4 or even 1.5 which =6?

It's not like Yanagi can do a thing against Kaidoh unpredictable snake/laser shot either. Kirihara power-up mode never engage Kaidoh, only aiming for Inui. However, The devil mode got crushed by Yanagi like it's nothing. I actually would just put Kaidoh at the high tier, looking from that.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I agree, when no one has any objections I will change it so that unnegatable abilities are cut in half.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Kirihara power-up mode never engage Kaidoh, only aiming for Inui.
Only because Kirihara wanted to. He could've aimed at Kaidoh if he wanted to though.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Only because Kirihara wanted to. He could've aimed at Kaidoh if he wanted to though.
He could aim for Kaidoh, but Kaidoh was owning Renji who own him like hell in SPoT. I don't think he stand a chance against Renji from that. Unless Renji was about to go "I know you" in the next ball Kaidoh is about to hit, which I don't think is the case.

But I got to admit PoT power scale is as random as hell, meh.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's PoT, what do you expect?

Apart from that, Tezuka shouldn't have to care about which of the two shots it is, he has TZone after all.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
TZone doesn't care about the ball your opponent use, Kaidoh just face his worst match up, that's all.

That being said, the author probably meant Kaidoh to be SUPER high tier at that match, because I didn't think he plan for the 'Shin' (It's just my opinion, if someone think he does plan for it, please don't be insult).

Once Shin is out, he decided that some character that can have pages of development is nice way of getting good number of pages in, so he 'nerf' some characters.
 
Top