Discussion - Favorite Arc | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Favorite Arc

Current favorite arc

• Intro Chapters

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Norma Arc

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Skull Fairy/Elsie Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guilst Arc

• Digitalis Arc

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Mildian Arc

• Sun Jewel Arc

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Belial Gore Arc

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Alright this can be used to discuss the arcs as a whole. I will update the poll to include the new arcs as they come out.

My favorite arc so far was the Norma arc. The introduction of Pino, Young Weisz, and the Chronophage. The villains weren’t that good but I like how the arc started out. It also contained a whole bunch of stuff for being a really short arc. The Elsie arc started well to me, but I didn’t like they were just given Edens Zero. Felt like there were too many transition chapters between it and Guilst. There wasn’t a lot of plot to it. Guilst arc was very boring to me. Sister and Jinn as interesting characters were the only good things. Digitalis is really interesting and potentially could be my current new favorite but it needs to focus. There are a lot of factors and wondering how it will be resolved. I won’t make up my feeling on it until I see how it ends.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I would have to say Norma.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Skull fairy fake Elise is not an arc it comes under norma arc or post arc chapters norma, Guilst and now digitalis are the only 3 real arcs
It’s on the wiki as an arc, but those guys have it as only chapters 12-14. To me, the skull fairy chapters were 12-15 at least. With 16 being the chapter they return to the guild, setting up the Sister plotline. Sure, they are transitional chapters so you could count them apart of the bigger arcs but they are kind of their own thing. If someone liked it enough to vote for it separately, they have that option.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
It's kinda too fast to say. Well, I can say which arc is the worst--Guilst arc. While the overall concept of the arc was good, it was destroyed by weird fanservice, which actually was more disservice. Seriously, Mashima somehow managed to make the chamber full of naked girls not sexy at all... But which arc is the best? To me, Norma and Digitalis are equal for now. Norma is pretty good, the introduction of Pino, Weisz and Chronophage was well-made, and I liked the overall mystery around it (you didn't know what was happening until the end), however Sibir Family were boring, standard enemies. Digitalis started well, but I don't like the "Homura" betrayal part (it's like third time, were "I'm not the one you thought I am" plot-twist is used), so I can't decide until the arc is gone.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's kinda too fast to say. Well, I can say which arc is the worst--Guilst arc. While the overall concept of the arc was good, it was destroyed by weird fanservice, which actually was more disservice. Seriously, Mashima somehow managed to make the chamber full of naked girls not sexy at all... But which arc is the best? To me, Norma and Digitalis are equal for now. Norma is pretty good, the introduction of Pino, Weisz and Chronophage was well-made, and I liked the overall mystery around it (you didn't know what was happening until the end), however Sibir Family were boring, standard enemies. Digitalis started well, but I don't like the "Homura" betrayal part (it's like third time, were "I'm not the one you thought I am" plot-twist is used), so I can't decide until the arc is gone.
That wasn't fanservice, that dark moment to turned to stone and be use as furtinture. Just because nudity is in it, doesn't take away dark moments as we seen loads of it before and have disagree as Gulist is one of top tier arcs right now due to portray as whelp Mashima going back darker themes. There haven't been no 'bad arcs' at all really and hope it continues like that down the line.

I can get the fake out again, but this one was used better and I don't call overuse when its 3rd time as that's not a number for it and also it was foreshadow that can't be true betrayal due to lacking a lot of points out of it. So yeah, not that bad and the arc still good so far on suspense and getting darker. Don't let something like that determine a whole arc is bad when reason to it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I find it really hard to pick a favorite. Mainly because every arc has had it's own thing it did well.

The intro was probably the best basic story.
Norma introduced Pino.
The Elsie arc gave us the Eden Zero and Witch.
The Guilst Arc was just Mashima ecchi galore and gave us Homura and Sister.

So there is a lot to like in all of that and I'm honsetly not sure which I like the most. So I'll abstain for now.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
For me its gotta be either the intro arc with Granbell and Blue Garden or .... maybe Norma, not sure.
All arcs thus far were pretty short but decent, nothing too monumental. Digitalis shows some promise with some dark stuff, but gotta wait the finished product to say something more about it.

MeltedValley

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I absolutely loved everything up till the chapter when we finally find out what Edens Zero is.

Digitalis was pretty disappointing though. Really felt like it was more of a set up arc than anything else. It would’ve been cooler if there were more game-like characters instead of focusing on NPCs, but then again, the arc served its story telling purpose (to introduce Hermit and get her back).

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I absolutely loved everything up till the chapter when we finally find out what Edens Zero is.

Digitalis was pretty disappointing though. Really felt like it was more of a set up arc than anything else. It would’ve been cooler if there were more game-like characters instead of focusing on NPCs, but then again, the arc served its story telling purpose (to introduce Hermit and get her back).
How were they bad? They look pretty good on the writing and such and EZ could have another meaning to it on shipto do something more or somewhere else it was created.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Digitalis arc for me,i love dark stuff.This arc has made EZ has the potential to be like Akame Ga Kill.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Digitalis arc for me,i love dark stuff.This arc has made EZ has the potential to be like Akame Ga Kill.
That's not good as didn't it flop down the line. I see EZ something else.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
For me personally i still put AGK above EZ for now,let's see if EZ can surpass it.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not sure about the anime since i never watched it, but the manga was pretty damn good.

As much as i would have liked it, Hiro would never go that dark :xp

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Not sure about the anime since i never watched it, but the manga was pretty damn good.

Yeah i know that,even around half that dark would be good.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
For me personally i still put AGK above EZ for now,let's see if EZ can surpass it.
Nah, it flop on both sides. That's not good to think it like that. I think EZ can be way more than that series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It didn't do well in sells from what I heard more.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Nah, it flop on both sides. That's not good to think it like that. I think EZ can be way more than that series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It didn't do well in sells from what I heard more.
Sales and quality dont really need to go hand in hand you know. But popularity matches with sales pretty good (FT is a pretty good example).
Plus I heard somewhere (not sure if this is true, so dont take it for granted) that the god awful anime and its ending caused a big drop in sales for the manga. Which is a shame cuz honestly the manga was pretty good.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Arjuna Ah crap, i saw your post a little too late :xp

Well to bring the topic back, even after finishing Digitalis i still think that the Intro arc with Granbell and Blue Garden, and probably Norma arc to be the better arcs thus far. But Digitalis was pretty decent. I liked the dark stuff that was happening.

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Norma Arc is still my favorite. The Digitalis has a lot of likeable stuff but doesn’t come together for me. It being a transition arc to a larger arc makes more sense. I would put it around the same level as the intro chapters/first arc.

Still waiting on some awesome bad guys and fights plus some stuff to progress as we mostly are just picking up crew members now. At least Weisz getting a fight. Musica got fights early. And Gray even fought an arc boss (Lyon) pretty early. Also want to see Homura be challenged. And Rebecca to shine. And even if Valkyrie was the fighter of the ship, the others have their specialties and could do stuff. Witch has my favorite design but she’s so far being Sister and Hermit in development.

That is my hope of going into the next arc.

Altuzer Von G Dust D

Reaction score
Country
Nicaragua
Well, they should put a different name to the current arc, since by the Seen they still do not deal directly with Drakken Joe, since Chapter 45 is titled "Battle Coliseum", which gives to understand that the series is having more depth in the Plot.