Favorites Favorite Fanart and Cosplays

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I really like こけこ (Kokeko), and then there's also しゅみこ (Shumiko) and しゅみ仔(Shumiko) - they have a ridiculously similar art style and I'm 99.99% sure that they're the same person.

Then there's also Merychess on DevArt who does ridiculously good colorings of pages and panels. I find her colorizations particularly unique:

Then there's also SlurEXE who makes really cool short comics about DGM:

The first three are on pixiv and so you have to make an account to view. Though if you've been to the DGM tumblr tags (especially any related to Mana & Neah) you've probably seen them around. I don't think any of them post really NSFW stuff but some may toe the line.

Post your favorites!!
 
Last edited:

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
I really like pananada's art. @AndSnowman's art looks great too.
 

Little Reala

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I quite like Shiduki's stuff, partially because I'm shipper trash and it's also really hard to find people who draws lady Alma a lot

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well these 2 are from the same artist. AR-UA of deviantart

Both of which were requests she did for me.

whataFAIL678 of Deviantart

This one was good, but Tim's wing is messed up, imo. Bit everything aside from the wing thing is great
akreit855 of DA

Far as cosplay, I liked the one I saw on youtube. A screenshot
 

Little Reala

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
That's a lotta Cross xD Do you commission/request people for him?
 

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's a lotta Cross xD Do you commission/request people for him?
Those 1st 2 pix yeah. I do AMV for my favorite characters, and nice to have a good pic, rather than using a plain panel.

All the others are just random fanart of Cross. If you search DA, you find lots of things. There's lots of pix of Ginjou Kuugo + Nnoitra of Bleach as well. There's a few with KinGin + Kakashi of Naruto. Not much, with the former, but they're also favorites.

So I have tons of Cross pix, and all the others I mentioned. I have done tons of fanarts myself for Cross as well. I have no problems with the manga. it's a very detailed story and seems mature for Shounen. But ultimately, Cross is the main character I am actually interested in. He was the reason I started reading the manga-the anime really screwed up the character. So, any kind of favorite I have for DGM, it's gonna have something to do with Cross. lol Nothing new for me, I am all about characters. If there's one character that really catches my attention, then I get more interested, but even then it's only with that character or specific characters' story rather than the overall story in general. .In Bleach, I haven't been excited about anything or even really read a chapter since 2012. Because no characters I like have appeared since then.
 
Last edited:

Little Reala

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
That's pretty interesting, how did the anime screw up Cross? Out of curiosity, i think the anime doesn't do DGM nor its art style justice and would ultimately like to see it redone. It's one of the things i hope for, redo of the anime with no crappy filler, nice art, vibrant colours and continuation of the story. (Asking for a decent dub is too farfetched xD)

Not even if the story is gripping? As much as i love Kanda and Lady Alma, I don't think their lack of presence in the narrative would make me disinterested in the rest of the story ^-^
 

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's pretty interesting, how did the anime screw up Cross? Out of curiosity, i think the anime doesn't do DGM nor its art style justice and would ultimately like to see it redone. It's one of the things i hope for, redo of the anime with no crappy filler, nice art, vibrant colours and continuation of the story. (Asking for a decent dub is too farfetched xD)

Not even if the story is gripping? As much as i love Kanda and Lady Alma, I don't think their lack of presence in the narrative would make me disinterested in the rest of the story ^-^
Far as the bold, here you go. I wrote about it, and wanted to share on tumblr.
http://silverwolf442.tumblr.com/post/74429708958/cm-manifesto-5-anime-vs-manga
But oif you don't wanna read much, the basic rundown is, the anime makes Cross into more of a jerk than the manga, and had some things that contradicted the manga in making him look worse for the sake of comedy.

Anime Cross is a victim of Flanderization. All long-running shows have it happen to characters. That's the quirks or flaws of a character being exaggerated and enhanced for comedy or story to the point the character becomes only a caricature/parody of what they originally were. If you wanna read more on that, here's the trope page .

Was Cross a saint in the manga? No. But the manga, fanbooks by Hoshino, and interviews with her, show that Cross has more depth and sides than most give credit for.

After reading the manga, I see how badly the anime actually is with portraying Cross. As I notice people who watch the anime first, or who watch the anime and don't read the manga at all, get the idea Cross is a heartless, abusive, womanizer, who only using women for his personal gain, and doesn't care about anyone. And that characterization couldn't be further off imo.
 
Last edited:

Little Reala

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you ^-^ I haven't seen the anime in a long time, the filler makes me gag and how all the colours are, it's almost as bad as American cartoons and their bad colour choices, eugh xD

but yeah, the anime does seem to forget that whilst Cross isn't afraid to embrace the pleasures in life, he is actually a rather intelligent and important character who has higher motives than getting paid and getting laid. Of course there is plenty getting paid and laid, but i'm sure he has a system.
 

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah. So the anime isn't my favorite, unless they remake in the future, and possibly fix the damage. Because Cross not shown as being as heartless as the anime made him out to be. In fact, with the manga, we learn he keeps gifts and souvenirs from his lovers that he keeps in his room at Mother's house. While in his room at HQ, we see about 5 pictures on his shelves. So he apparently isn't as dehumanizing and perverted with women as the anime, or some fans, seem to believe, possibly because of the anime. So Cross had plenty of depth & heart in the manga.

So overall, I avoid the anime. Though the thread has been OT'd enough lol Sorry. Back to fanart. Some of Hoshi's pix on Insta have been nice. Tim looks cute with his ponytails lol
 

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I never watched the DGM anime adaptation. (I don't for most mangas' adaptations to anime.). However, it would be cool if DGM was given the FMA:Brotherhood or Tsubasa OVA treatment. Anime adaptations that were very faithful to their manga counterparts so it was very pleasant to watch them. I can't take it when anime adaptations alter and screw with the original stories and character traits/personalities.

Also, thanks for sharing these interesting fan art links, you guys. :). (Trying to keep the thread OT.)
 

Little Reala

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, it's been a while since i've used forums, so i'm out of practice in staying on topic! ^-^"

I'm trying to think of some more, but i mostly know the fanartists that do a lot of DGM OCs, i'd ultimately like to find some more people who draw Lady Alma :D
 
Top