Question Favorite Yonko Crew?

Favorite Yonko Crew

  • Whitebeard Pirates

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Big Mom Pirates

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Beasts Pirates

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Red Hair Pirates

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Blackbeard Pirates

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Cross Guild

    Votes: 5 20.0%

  • Total voters
    25

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A bit premature. But I supposed you have a little taste of Red Hair Crew in the newest movie that I haven't watch. But for now, what is your favorite crew minus the leader. The inspiration for this thread is that there is some consensus that the Beasts Pirates are a tad underwhelmed in comparison to the Big Mom Pirates. Strawhats are too OP so they won't be here.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Big Mom Pirates, hands down.
They are the most nuanced and diverse pirate crew so far, both in design and personality.

I'm not a fan of Katakuri especially, but the rest of the members more than make up for that. I even liked Brulee and she was comic relief :XD
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I would have voted the SHs but I'm going for Cross Guild then.

- SH
- Cross Guild
- Beasts
- Red Hair
- Big Mom
- Blackbeard
- Whitebeard

I totally get why most people prefer Big Mom's to the Beasts', and it all mostly stems from there being a greater variety of characters and powers. Their characters also shone brighter by not being there to fall down to the strawhats yet. But in my personal taste I do prefer the kind of designs the All Stars and Tobiroppos got way more than everyone in the BM pirates except for Katakuri.

Blackbeard's men have to show off a bit more, we barely know what most of them do. I love Shanks and Beckman but I've barely seen anything from them, let alone from Yasopp, Lucky Roux or anyone else. And the Whitebeard Pirates... sure, they have some very strong and charismatic guys like Whitebeard himself, Ace, Marco, Jozu and Vista, but there was both a lack of theme to them and we still know close to nothing about the personality of almost any of them. And although I like Whitebeard as a character and I respect both his strength and his attitude and deeds, I've never been a big fan of his design (especially not from he was younger). The absolute villain vibes from BB and his men make me like them more than WBs in the end.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Big Mom Pirates, hands down.
They are the most nuanced and diverse pirate crew so far, both in design and personality.

I'm not a fan of Katakuri especially, but the rest of the members more than make up for that. I even liked Brulee and she was comic relief :XD
I love that the one you didn't like is the one I liked from them.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I love that the one you didn't like is the one I liked from them.
I know Katakuri is a fan favorite, I just could never like him honestly. To me he felt more a plot device than a character, basically he was there just so Luffy could develop a new form of Haki.

If I were to rank the crews in terms of likeability it would be:
1. Big Mom Pirates
2. Blackbeard Pirates
3. Whitebeard Pirates
4. Cross Guild
5. Red Hair Pirates
6. Beast Pirates

The Beast Pirates are the worst set of villains in the whole manga. Even Baroque Works were more threatening than them :twitch
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I know Katakuri is a fan favorite, I just could never like him honestly. To me he felt more a plot device than a character, basically he was there just so Luffy could develop a new form of Haki.

If I were to rank the crews in terms of likeability it would be:
1. Big Mom Pirates
2. Blackbeard Pirates
3. Whitebeard Pirates
4. Cross Guild
5. Red Hair Pirates
6. Beast Pirates

The Beast Pirates are the worst set of villains in the whole manga. Even Baroque Works were more threatening than them :twitch
🤣 I blame the writing of the arc over their designs. I liked the design of the main crewmates, but they were heavily under/misused. But I absolutely understand where you're coming from.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Humm, I like Marco, Ace, Jozu, Vista, Izou and Haruta. So I will go with Whitebeard Pirates. Also, they follow a person who is not crazy so that's a plus.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Big Mom Pirates for the reasons stated. They also managed to get in and demonstrate the sheer resources a Yonkou crew has on hand and why it would usually be suicide to go against them.

The Blackbeard Pirates are 2nd. I'm just waiting to see more of them, but I have high expectations for them.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Big Mom is the only crew that actually shows up like a threat. it operates like a nation, functions like one, has an army at disposal, has structured hiearchy and extreme loyalty. The weakness in their crew is actually Big Mom, i mean her hunger pangs can really hurt them..

Beast pirates are just strength in numbers, easily outdone. Kaido is what makes them scary, not otherwise.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Whole Cake Island arc did an extremely good job in demonstrating how powerful an Yonko crew is.

Wano arc did not live up to it...
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,159
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Whitebeard crew, for demonstrating the power expected from a Yonko crew.
I liked the loyalty aspect as well, they all were truly ready too give their life for one another.

After such high expectations, beast pirates and BMP were disappointments for me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The Cross Guild simply because of Buggy. He adds personality and joie di vivre to the crew in a way that only Luffy has, albeit in a different way. Almost every time he has appeared since Impel Down, he's been fun and entertaining, like the way he tried to get the camera on him and pissed off citizens as result as they wanted to see the war.
 

afromarco005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
1,900
Gender
Male
Country
France
I would say the cross guild and the BM pirates are the best imo.
Cross guild is the improbable team that somehow works + mihawk sama :hip

BM pirates are whacky and have awesome designs for the most part.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
(0. Strawhat Pirates - Actual favorite, but that is cheating)

1. Cross Guild

Buggy is absolutely hilarious, and almost moe. Crocodile has really made an long standing impression. The first villain, that actually felt truly intimidating and at the same time formidable. And Mihawk is just cool af.

2. Whitebeard Pirates

I really like Whitebeard. Still probably a top 5 character for me. Then there is of course Ace, Marco, Vista and Izou. All so cool.

3. Blackbeard Pirates

I love Blackbeard as a character so much.he has one of the best one-liners in the series and is perfect foil to Luffy. Can't wait for his full story. The commanders seem promising. Burgess has already been proofed fun. Mystery faction is high though, and might affect "objectivity".

4. Red-hair Pirates

Who wouldn't love the dead-beat dad crew. Beckman and Lucky Roo made ever lasting impressions to 12-year-old me already in the first chapter. Mystery faction is high though, and might affect "objectivity".

5. Big Mom Pirates

Big Moms flashback was so good. Her character was bit all over the place though, even with the background explained. I can see the cool in Katakuri, he does look badass, but didn't really click with me, not a huge fan. Rest of the crew is a little meh. Kudos to Pudding though. I felt her.


7. Beast Pirates

Biggest disappointment. I expected more. Kaido lacked depth, his flashback was too barebones. King was an awesome design, but personality-wise I felt nothing. Queen was actually surprisingly lot of fun, but can't save the whole team. The dinosaur gimmicks were hilarious as well as some of the SMILE designs. But just lacked interesting personas and depth. Who's Who looked cool and had promise, but felt in the end more like plot tool rather than a fully fledged character.
 
Top