Favorites - Favourite Arc | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favourite Arc

Favourite Arc? (2 choices)

• Total voters

miramira

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I would have voted for 3 arcs but only one is allowed ^_^ I like Phantom Lord arc, Fighting Festival arc, and the Grand Magical Games arc.
I love Loke's arc too, but it's too short to compete =)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Fighting Festival, Galuna and Tower of Heaven would be the 3 I'd choose as my favourites. The former is because it provided more depth to my favourite character( Laxus) and in the end revealed his reasoning behind putting the fighting festival together, though misguided it may have been.

Overall though, I'd say I enjoyed a lot the arcs before Edolas more than after it; Oracion Seis being quite a mixed one fore me. Despite the what Lucy gained from it and some really solid fights.

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
For me definitely the Phantom Lord Arc, I felt like this is what made me like Fairy Tail the most. The fast pace, the great fight scenes, the introduction to Wizards Saints. I loved this arc. It played with my emotions, I felt as if when Fairy Tail won it was also my victory. Although I'm not a fictional character and I am sitting behind a screen. But a close second was the Tower Of Heaven arc, Erza being my favourite female character and Jellal being my equal 1st character, tied with Laxus. Daybreak was definitely my least favourite arc. Virgo made me feel sick and I didn't really like the idea of the author being threatened to write a book.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even though it hasn't been released in the anime yet, I say Tartaros.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even though it hasn't been released in the anime yet, I say Tartaros.
Tartaros is my favourite arc from the manga, but so far from the anime, it hasn't been incredibly overwhelming. To be honest I was bit underwhelmed with the anime adaption of the Tartaros arc.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tartaros is my favourite arc from the manga, but so far from the anime, it hasn't been incredibly overwhelming. To be honest I was bit underwhelmed with the anime adaption of the Tartaros arc.
My thoughts exactly.
Tartarus is the arc I've found myself going back to re-read the most in the manga, and I really like the pacing in it as well as it being a more gritty and dark arc. The anime hasn't been able to capture that same magic of the arc, it doesn't have details like blood on the characters as they get hit hard time and time again, and the anime's pacing isn't the same as the manga, which I'm finding to be a real let down. I had my doubts about the anime being able to do Tartarus justice, and its a shame to say I was right in thinking it wouldn't be able to do it the justice it deserves.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My thoughts exactly.
Tartarus is the arc I've found myself going back to re-read the most in the manga, and I really like the pacing in it as well as it being a more gritty and dark arc. The anime hasn't been able to capture that same magic of the arc, it doesn't have details like blood on the characters as they get hit hard time and time again, and the anime's pacing isn't the same as the manga, which I'm finding to be a real let down. I had my doubts about the anime being able to do Tartarus justice, and its a shame to say I was right in thinking it wouldn't be able to do it the justice it deserves.
It definitely did deserve a lot more than it got. From memory Tartaros was one of Fairy Tail's best sellers right? Let's just hope Alavarez isn't let down by the anime because it is seeming to be a good arc.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite arcs are Tartaros, Tenrou Island, and Tower of Heaven. :cool:

Honorable mention goes out to the Phantom Lord arc. :)

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Favourite arcs (in no particular order) :
-Battle of Fairy Tail
-Tenrou
-OS
-Grand Magic Games

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Added a new poll (to include new arcs)

1. PL, FF, ToH (voted the first 2).
2. Loke, OS
3. Tenrou, Galuna
4. Edolas, GMG, Sun Village, Tartarus, Avatar
5. Alvarez

I like a lot of chapters where nothing much happens, but they're in the guild. The interactions they had just chilling were always a joy to read. Earlier arcs did these better too.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
1. Phantom arc - back when Lucy was a good character, great build up to the story and when she was an actual MC
2. Tenrou arc - very good villain(s), Gildarts fighting for real, Laxus' epic entrance though this arc is also known for the two most BS fights in the series, Erza vs Azuma and Natsu vs Zancrow
3. Tartaros arc - great villains(especially Mard Geer)but also known for one of the most BS fights in the series, Erza vs Kyouka
4. Tower of Heaven - great story for Erza and Jellal was a good villain
5. Battle of Fairy Tail - Laxus being a badass and his development was good and also, since Fairy Tail cannot be beaten, they beat each other instead
6. Grand Magic Games - third worst arc ever with mostly off paneled fights(Erza vs 100 monsters, Laxus vs Jura), hype destroyed(Sting, Rogue, Minerva, Kagura), trolling Mirajane
7. Avatar - second worst arc ever with one shots everywhere, why did this arc even existed :huh:
8. Alvarez arc - worst arc ever, one shots everywhere(Natsu), ass pulls, PoF shit, Spriggans getting shitted on, Mavis being the genius tactician, Zeref doing absolutely nothing, Mirajane getting trolled, unnecessary fanservice

Honorable mention: Key of the Starry Sky arc is between Battle of Fairy Tail and GMG arc and that other arc about Celestial Spirits going wild is only above Avatar.

Last edited:

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tartarus, easy pick tbh.
  • Cool, calculating, charismatic main villain (Mard)
  • A lot of character development (Gray, Juvia, Lucy, Gajeel, Wendy, Minerva etc....)
  • Solid fights with the 9DG without a heap of BS (naturally their were weak parts here and there like with Erza vs Kyouka)
  • The two main antagonists make an appearance, Zeref and Acnologia, making the hype and tension rise
  • We get to see the parent dragons
  • A lot of good exposition
  • Actual death, some characters actually died here
An honourable mention would be Tenrou arc for many of the reasons above, with the exception of death(s) and parent dragons. ToH was short but sweet but it was too focused on Jellal and Erza for it to really stand-out above the good large scale arcs like the two above.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Tartaros, Tenrou and GMG are my favourites. Though i like pretty much every arc, aside from maybe Alvarez that i kinda disliked. Avatar was also, i'd say, useless.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I like every arc but i loved those arcs more
GMG
Edolas
Avater
Tenrou

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
My favourites are the Tartaros,Tenrou and Tower of heaven arcs

Lol,couldnt help but notice that they all start with T :XD

Honourable mentions: Oracion seis and GMG arcs

Gonna wait for the Alvarez arc to finish before i judge it tho

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Tartaros Arc and the last arc (Alvarez) for their fanservice revelations, and epic fighting scenes :heh

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Sun village gets no love for being a fun little arc. People remember Avatar and Loke arcs more.

thatsvicchan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
What's Avatar? Lmao, I always forget this arc.

My favourite one is Tartaros aka the arc of angst. I loved the tension Mashima managed to build at the start and the Demon Gates + Mard Geer were really good. Minor characters like Mirajane and Juvia got their time to shine, it had different point of views and many, many character developments. Lucy was finally used to fight like a boss and the moments of fanservice + nakama shits didn't bother me that much honestly.

Then Tower of Heaven, Eclipse, GMG, Tenrou (the last three in no particular order)

Special mention to Galuna Island because of the Ur subplot and Phantom Lord. Aww, I miss the Element 4 so much!

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tenrou and GMG were my favorite.

Tenrou cause good villains, Acno's intro, Fairy Heart moments and Gildarts, Laxus, Makarov fights.
GMG cause hype, Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue was epic(until Mavis started talking about feelings). Plus dragons.

Edolas and Oracion Seis arcs were my least favorite.

Didnt like Edolas cause villains were shit, only good parts were Gajeel parts(the end was pretty good though)
Didnt like OS arc cause Jellal and Erza shipping, fogiveness, bullshit moments piss me off(the ending was especially infuriating)

Honorable mentions: Digging the Alvarez arc for some reason. Avatar was shit