FeelsBadMan Zone

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

holy shit this wall :XD

I can say I 100% agree on the Arthas video. I can see how they wanted to make this new "Alliance hero" with Tirion. Bolvar was basically the "King" while the actual one was MIA up until Cataclysm. In that sense I found it cool. I actually like Tirion's development. I think that's one of the better parts of WoW single-character storytelling of a "hero's campaign", but I fully agree there needed to be mroe Jaina stuff etc. I mean they all stand at the bottom of the instance, when you enter the raid portal. But they don't progress with you. They should've been involved in the fight, if even to just get frozen in place like Tirion was. They could've remained frozen until he was defeated while everything else stayed the same... They should've of course been in the video. I mean ffs Jaina basically still loves Arthas and she wasn't in the raid. What puzzles me is that in the actual 5man instances that also came with ICC (three I believe, which look cool but I never did), you have Jaina lead/follow you around in the instance. It's super cool, it's where you find out there always has to be a Lich King, and Arthas crashes the party and chases Jaina off and shit. That was pretty epic IMO. There needed to be more of that in the raid... I mean I get what you mean, Arthas should've been involved more in the raid. Appeared a bit. Talked around. Sylvanas, Jaina etc should've progressed with you up in the raid and "told the story". Instead we get nothing. Really shitty which I'm sure Blizzard knows now.

Yeah I've done Ulduar in the past, but I never did the last boss since we didn't quite manage to do him with my small group of friends. Transmog runs were still hard back then and we were only 15 lvls over, so we could easily die. The boss simply had too hard mechanics to pull off with so few. The other runs I did with bigger random groups never got to him etc. The first boss blows IMO, such a cockblock for doing the raid since it takes so long and is boring as hell. Other than that the raid is amazing I agree. Never did Sunwell, I guess I'm going there. All I know is that Hyjal sucks balls. Done it a few times and I won't ever again. I only did the last raid in Cata since I joined the xpac so late, the other raids were irrelevant at the time, but I should check them out. I know almost nothing of Pandaria ones. I did one LFR and that was it back then.

Well I wonder how it is for Rogue since the only healing I got is my leeching poison and combo point finisher healing thingy xD Didn't have to heal in WOTLK, but I didn't play HC raids there yet, and HC in Cata is a big step up. I only did progress raiding in Vanilla where I did it hardcore, so it's fun to see what others struggled with honestly. But now you kind of lose the feeling of it since you do so much absurd dmg... Transmog runs were actually fun IMO, making a group of 10 and doing ICC HC etc during Cata. It was actually hard enough for you to appreciate how much people struggled. I remember doing Lich King and wiping with a 10-15 man group, 15 lvls over the content's level and with gear and stats obviously insanely above the WOTLK standards, and I was like "holy shit this must've been so fucking hardcore!! We're struggling with granted fewer ppl, but we're so much stronger too and we're still dying even though we're kind of yolo'ing it. We spend forever killing him, look at how much HP he has... Imagine how long they had to fight flawlessly xD" Which is so true. I remember fights in even Vanilla got absurdly long towards the end. Kel'Thuzad lasted like 30 minutes for a full kill, which is simply insane. Wipe at 10% and you just wasted almost an hour. Over and over and over again. So cool xD

:kreygasm

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

What you think about that mate? Replied in 18 minutes with a wall myself. Must be some kind of record :4head

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I was originally just going to write "I basically agree with everything you said about ICC/Arthas. X,Y,Z needed to be involved and it sucked they weren't involved more. But I liked Tirion as a character." And then the wall spawned!

:kreygasm
:XD Well that was fast, not bad sir :4head

I guess the whole Tirion/Bolvar thing wasn't too bad, I know they played an important part of WoW until that point and the "We need new Lichking" thing was pretty cool, but yeah we agree on the fact that they needed to do way more than that because let's face it, the Lichking/Arthas basically was the pinnacle of the Warcraft 3 story and they could've done SO much more with that. I mean freaking Muradin even is on the ship and tells you that he needs to beat some sense into the "boy" (which I found really amusing and gave me nostalgia), Jaina in that 5 man ini (which I did way back then and completely agree with you there) and I think Sylvanas appeared there too and then you get goddamn nothing in the end. Considering Lichking really was the core of the story until that point it was just lackluster and completely disappointing.... now I installed Warcraft 3 to get some of that epic feeling back lol, I feel like Blizz really degraded in terms of storytelling. It shines here and there, but overall so much worse than D2 or W3 =/

Yeah last boss is REALLY hard if you know nothing. When he appeared I was freaking stuck inside his body (or so I thought), then I realized some tentacle was grabbing me but I couldn't attack it for some reason. Took me literally 5 minutes to read it up, that I can basically only use one attack to damage the thing but until then I had like 15 dots on me and got stunned/feared all the time until I actually managed to get inside him... only to get oneshoted by that insanity spell :XD So funny lol. First boss didn't really took long when I knew that I had to use the vehicles, but not really solo-friendly, yeah.

So if I understand you correctly you did Dragonsoul? Because that is the last one, and the battle against Deathwing was really well done I thought. Rest isn't that noteworthy, outside of some Ragnaros/Nefarian nostalgia obviously. You definitely should check out Sunwell, you even get a freaking long speech at the end, where the belfs under Keal basically get redeemed for what they did.

And I think even with Rogue it's pretty easy until Pandaria, Pandaria seems pretty hard alone (at least when I checked out the endgame raid solo I could hardly do it). I agree about the whole Arthas thing, but it's always been like that. Some bosses took you so damn long, you really needed to concentrate hard for a long time, so sometimes I got headaches after it was finally over and I could relax haha. Obviously you can't really experience that feeling now, but it's still cool to check out past raids to see how they're done style-wise etc.

The walls won't stop coming dude :4head

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Actually wanted to write more, but I think this is enough x'D
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Damn I want to help this amazing fast streak continue but I'm in the middle of a movie and all these breaks keep making it a "laggy" watch :XD

I will reply tomorrow but I love it dude, these walls :4head
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Damn I want to help this amazing fast streak continue but I'm in the middle of a movie and all these breaks keep making it a "laggy" watch :XD

I will reply tomorrow but I love it dude, these walls :4head
Which movie is great enough to occupy Nuno's attention for so long?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

A Good Day To Die Hard = Best movie ev444rrrr :4head

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

These one liners so easy dude :kappa
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Damn I want to help this amazing fast streak continue but I'm in the middle of a movie and all these breaks keep making it a "laggy" watch :XD

I will reply tomorrow but I love it dude, these walls :4head
You suck dude, I was ready for a convo lasting until the sun comes out :4head

Well looking forward to your response tomorrow :kappa Already did a few missions in Warcraft 3 and those cinematics still rule... :kreygasm

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Really, it's somewhat unbelievable that the game is goddamn 12 years old if you look at the cinematics, they look awesome even in 2015 :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Blizzard has always been amazing at cinematics... I mean even D2 is BEARABLE... The xpac has an absurdly improved cinematic quality compared to the original game (D2). In WC3 it's good overall indeed. I mean the Frozen Throne cinematics are OKAY for even today's generation rofl. I actually think those are pretty good even today. Illidan's cinematic is so well animated and shit. I fangasm when he grasps into the air, pulls down and lightning comes .... It's only Blizzard that are GODS on cinematics since forever. They were absolutely dominant on it in the past, now it's more evened out. I remember the first WoW cinematic was so fking good when it came out, with the bear fur in the stormy wind etc, so godlike. But you see a HUGE leap in quality when you hit the WOTLK cinemati cagain, and then you hit another one with WOD cinematic. The details there are just incredible IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Dude, stop replying and finish your film :4head

Thankfully I can't really reply much here, I simply agree :XD If Blizz can do one thing it's creating amazing cinematics.

I know I've said this too many times already but I goddamn want my Warcraft 4 D:
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

BTW have you noticed how WOTLK cinematic = copy pasta of Frozen Throne ending cinematic? Same music with some edits to make it more epic, same style with Arthas walking around and hearing someone else "comment". Man that cinematic is probably my all time favorite game cinematic. It's so well done... The speech his father gives is so epic with Arthas mirroring it completely in the opposite way while we listen to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah ofc, that's still the best cinematic by far EXACTLY because of the strong connection to W3. Hence my disappointment to the ending, I was expecting a somewhat similar epic ending, like what they did with the beginning. I still consider the ending cinematic of Frozen Throne the strongest of both games because it gives you so many feels and is just amazingly epic in general. Arthas walking up those steps while you hear his father, Muradin, Uther and Jaina in the background is just... :kreygasm

btw: http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-about-the-future-of-warcraft-1657563259

More or less the latest interview on the matter of Wow and Warcraft, quite interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------


Still waiting dude :4head
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

:XD Well that was fast, not bad sir :4head

I guess the whole Tirion/Bolvar thing wasn't too bad, I know they played an important part of WoW until that point and the "We need new Lichking" thing was pretty cool, but yeah we agree on the fact that they needed to do way more than that because let's face it, the Lichking/Arthas basically was the pinnacle of the Warcraft 3 story and they could've done SO much more with that. I mean freaking Muradin even is on the ship and tells you that he needs to beat some sense into the "boy" (which I found really amusing and gave me nostalgia), Jaina in that 5 man ini (which I did way back then and completely agree with you there) and I think Sylvanas appeared there too and then you get goddamn nothing in the end. Considering Lichking really was the core of the story until that point it was just lackluster and completely disappointing.... now I installed Warcraft 3 to get some of that epic feeling back lol, I feel like Blizz really degraded in terms of storytelling. It shines here and there, but overall so much worse than D2 or W3 =/

Yeah last boss is REALLY hard if you know nothing. When he appeared I was freaking stuck inside his body (or so I thought), then I realized some tentacle was grabbing me but I couldn't attack it for some reason. Took me literally 5 minutes to read it up, that I can basically only use one attack to damage the thing but until then I had like 15 dots on me and got stunned/feared all the time until I actually managed to get inside him... only to get oneshoted by that insanity spell :XD So funny lol. First boss didn't really took long when I knew that I had to use the vehicles, but not really solo-friendly, yeah.

So if I understand you correctly you did Dragonsoul? Because that is the last one, and the battle against Deathwing was really well done I thought. Rest isn't that noteworthy, outside of some Ragnaros/Nefarian nostalgia obviously. You definitely should check out Sunwell, you even get a freaking long speech at the end, where the belfs under Keal basically get redeemed for what they did.

And I think even with Rogue it's pretty easy until Pandaria, Pandaria seems pretty hard alone (at least when I checked out the endgame raid solo I could hardly do it). I agree about the whole Arthas thing, but it's always been like that. Some bosses took you so damn long, you really needed to concentrate hard for a long time, so sometimes I got headaches after it was finally over and I could relax haha. Obviously you can't really experience that feeling now, but it's still cool to check out past raids to see how they're done style-wise etc.

The walls won't stop coming dude :4head

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Actually wanted to write more, but I think this is enough x'D
Man relax already, I don't get to this before the nights normally, such excessive whining :4head

Well, I can't say much more than you, I pretty much agree on everything regarding Arthas :XD Really wish they woulda done more, almost so much that I woulda liked some kind of revamp... I mean Bolvar Lich King is just there, dying to be used, they could easily make Arthas be somehow relevant in such a plot. Maybe Bolvar goes insane with the helm's influence and Arthas' spirit is parly still in it, having become a "part of the Lich King's essence" by being fused for so long. Then he can have a redemption story.

Well, looking forward to it then. I read up on it when we tried with my friends, back in Cata, but we wiped and just quit it since it was extremely hard with our small numbers (4 iirc). We wiped multiple times on one of the bosses there that uses ice attacks too, due to the boss mechanics of getting frozen etc.

Yes like I said I played Cata in the latter stage, so DS was out and I did it many times. I have the set on my rogue. Since everything else was irrelevant then I hardly did any other Cata dungeons but the new heroic ones that came with DS (which had epic loot to prepare you for DS LFR, I believe they are called Hour of Twilight, one of which you run around with Illidan and battle at the Well of Eternity). I also didn't do any other Cata raids then since there was no point besides "transmog struggling".

Yeah it kind of makes sense, MOP was just the previous xpac so it's fairly close in lvl, in terms of dmg you would take. Since I'm not a tank I take so much dmg. I hit hard of course but the boss hit me for 10k+ dmg. I even used all my defensive cooldowns, including double Evasion, and still died due to the attack. I actually didn't die from the huge nuke but it nuked me from 80-20% super early so I was basically lingering at low hp the entire fight, then I just died at the end from a normal auto.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

You know, what if the new Scourge under Bolvar comes to help Azeroth during a Burning Legion invasion? And with Bolvar is Arthas' spirit, which helped him conquer Lich King's grip over him? XD Just playing around but there are SO MANY ways to use the Lich King plot, even including Arthas without it being too farfetched.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

This is where I got the Bolvar to the rescue idea from btw xD I love videos like this, theorizing about future plot :4head

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Just finished the Human Campaign and...


God that moment at 0:22 still gives me goosebumps :kreygasm The whole beginning is just spectacular.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

That's the best version you found, not even with proper pictures? :residentsleeper

Let me help you out mate.


Yeah when he looks up and you realize something is wrong and the sad music starts to play it's like :kreygasm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No finding the vid is easy, the vid is still so hyped that there are countless people uploading that one xD I was simply trying to focus on the music here, not so much the scene. Would love some cool OST with the first part of the vid, just longer.

Back then I can't deny that it really gave me a nice wtf moment. I mean it was obvious something was hella wrong with him, but that he would just flat out kill his father on the throne was just... dayum! I miss that storytelling in WoW, but I guess that's pontless to discuss. Did you read the interview btw?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah I did. All I got from it is the usual blizz "yeah that would be a cool thing we definitely are discussing and looking into!"
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Haha, I guess that's true :XD In the end they never reveal what they do, and their statement can usually be taken with a grain of salt in general. I mean the so called one expansion per year... :4head

btw I'm not responding to that huge post as long as you don't answer my Tokyo Ghoul post + the ones in my thread :kappa
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Blizzard has always been amazing at cinematics... I mean even D2 is BEARABLE... The xpac has an absurdly improved cinematic quality compared to the original game (D2). In WC3 it's good overall indeed. I mean the Frozen Throne cinematics are OKAY for even today's generation rofl. I actually think those are pretty good even today. Illidan's cinematic is so well animated and shit. I fangasm when he grasps into the air, pulls down and lightning comes .... It's only Blizzard that are GODS on cinematics since forever. They were absolutely dominant on it in the past, now it's more evened out. I remember the first WoW cinematic was so fking good when it came out, with the bear fur in the stormy wind etc, so godlike. But you see a HUGE leap in quality when you hit the WOTLK cinemati cagain, and then you hit another one with WOD cinematic. The details there are just incredible IMO.
Starcraft 2 cinematics are pretty awesome as well...Blizzard rocks

Recently I actually replayed both WC2 and WC3 expansions included...maaan what nostalgia...I missed ship battles in WC3
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

SC2 = dedgaem :kappa
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Go back to your silly 'strategy', you filthy casual :mono
 
Top