FeelsBadMan Zone

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Yeah I feel so lucky, lol. Having a lot of fun at home when there's time for some chats and stuff like that, and been out for drinks a couple times (once on a summer party), which was very nice and fun.

I'm a claims adjuster/manager. tl;dr it's about receiving calls from people in trouble/having been through shit, analyzing what they can (or can't) get, and paying it out (with all the registering etc too..). The most difficult and challenging cases are the complex ones where there's been a huge incident with massive expenses (hospital bills etc) where you have to split out all the expenses and find out what should be refunded to the client, and calculating the travel's "worth" in money and paying it out based on the amount of days they were "KO'd" etc. And then there's the ability to be able to sell refusals without the client going nuts in some cases. And then there's the sensitive/delicate cases of crisis, like the Tunisia terror incident now with a load of client calling in being in trouble, wanting to cancel their trips etc. Since I work in the travel department there's only a Private Line, but down the line I hope to move over to a department with Corporate Line since that's where the big money is handled. Kinda messy and not tl;dr after all, but whatever... I feel tired..

Already feeling stale? Ouch :XD Wow you have some huge amount of responsibility already. How many years have you been there exactly? Three? Sounds like a rather swift climb. The new level of responsibility this summer sounds exciting to me. I'd definitely feel the same way about the challenges being welcome and fun.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

:XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Especially as a pink.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

The pink is a baiting and provoking color to begin with, enhancing the bm!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

ha ha ...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Nuno is pregnant?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

I wasn't talking about the color, but that you actually work now too :^) Will you climb the ladder faster than him I wonder...
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

I doubt it, doesn't seem like a fast climb over here. There's a lot of co-workers at my department that have worked there for years and are great at their work.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Yeah I feel so lucky, lol. Having a lot of fun at home when there's time for some chats and stuff like that, and been out for drinks a couple times (once on a summer party), which was very nice and fun.
That sounds awesome. The stereotypical business world job, I bet it's a boys club where you go chasing skirts with ties around your heads like japanese bandanas at the local pubs after work etc.

I'm a claims adjuster/manager. tl;dr it's about receiving calls from people in trouble/having been through shit, analyzing what they can (or can't) get, and paying it out (with all the registering etc too..). The most difficult and challenging cases are the complex ones where there's been a huge incident with massive expenses (hospital bills etc) where you have to split out all the expenses and find out what should be refunded to the client, and calculating the travel's "worth" in money and paying it out based on the amount of days they were "KO'd" etc. And then there's the ability to be able to sell refusals without the client going nuts in some cases. And then there's the sensitive/delicate cases of crisis, like the Tunisia terror incident now with a load of client calling in being in trouble, wanting to cancel their trips etc. Since I work in the travel department there's only a Private Line, but down the line I hope to move over to a department with Corporate Line since that's where the big money is handled. Kinda messy and not tl;dr after all, but whatever... I feel tired..
So basically you work with insurance money, checking what is covered, what is not etc. for the private customers?
That sounds pretty fun! I suspect you'd like the Corporate dep. because at the end of the day, doesn't matter what type of service you're providing; companies are always the most fun to handle due to the quantities, monetary values, business impacts etc. :)
Are you planning to stay within that line of business?


Already feeling stale? Ouch :XD Wow you have some huge amount of responsibility already. How many years have you been there exactly? Three? Sounds like a rather swift climb. The new level of responsibility this summer sounds exciting to me. I'd definitely feel the same way about the challenges being welcome and fun.
Well, middle management in all it's glory I feel like I could do more use managing people at my current level than managing the first line team as I have the possibility to influence "more" at a higher level. Coaching middle managers would in the end be of more use as I could form my managers to the type of leaders I would like them to be, have the priorities I have and set a culture within the department from there, working with only 2-3 guys instead of 20-30.

Also, it's kinda scary. I've been here for 24 months and 15 of those as a middle manager. We recently switched around the teams a little bit so I'm handling the Danish and Finnish tech teams, the Technical team lead "mentor" group, the MPS dispatchers (basically the ones handling our most valued customers in Nordics like Aker Solutions, SEB, SAS, Ericsson etc) and the Quality Assurance guys. I also lost SLA responsibility and gained Client communications (which was a super plus in my book) so I'm trying to stimulate myself... The conference on Monday is going to be great, nice opportunity to do some networking, and being my boss's backup is a great experience as his position is one that I want... Some day. :D

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

The pink is a baiting and provoking color to begin with, enhancing the bm!
i love you but wtf u doing in pink?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I doubt it, doesn't seem like a fast climb over here. There's a lot of co-workers at my department that have worked there for years and are great at their work.
Aha! I thought the same thing but at the end of the day, as long as you can handle your job well, show enthusiasm and that you want to move forward, the spot might just as well become yours.

Look at it this way; if they are that great and have worked for years, why haven't they climbed already? If they've been at your position for several years without moving up chances are high they either 1) don't want to climb or 2) don't have the necessary personality traits for the job

I for one prefer new guys over veterans. I haven't been at my job for that long but the ones I am "grooming" to climb are all newer guys :)
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

That sounds awesome. The stereotypical business world job, I bet it's a boys club where you go chasing skirts with ties around your heads like japanese bandanas at the local pubs after work etc.
OK that's what you imagine? Awesome 8-)

So basically you work with insurance money, checking what is covered, what is not etc. for the private customers?
That sounds pretty fun! I suspect you'd like the Corporate dep. because at the end of the day, doesn't matter what type of service you're providing; companies are always the most fun to handle due to the quantities, monetary values, business impacts etc. :)
Are you planning to stay within that line of business?
Well, yeah exactly =)

Yeah, getting companies you're directly in charge of and being able to create networks with companies would be really cool. And of course like we both said, it's the real deal and real money, the core of the business.

We'll see, so far I'm very content with where I am. Working hard of course since I have obvious ambitions which I voiced during my interview. But if I become stagnant too long we'll see what I choose to do, but that's not on my mind. I might end up staying very long in the company I work for now since it has huge potential. That would be ideal. The plan was that this would be long term, which was also discussed in my interview xD

Well, middle management in all it's glory I feel like I could do more use managing people at my current level than managing the first line team as I have the possibility to influence "more" at a higher level. Coaching middle managers would in the end be of more use as I could form my managers to the type of leaders I would like them to be, have the priorities I have and set a culture within the department from there, working with only 2-3 guys instead of 20-30.

Also, it's kinda scary. I've been here for 24 months and 15 of those as a middle manager. We recently switched around the teams a little bit so I'm handling the Danish and Finnish tech teams, the Technical team lead "mentor" group, the MPS dispatchers (basically the ones handling our most valued customers in Nordics like Aker Solutions, SEB, SAS, Ericsson etc) and the Quality Assurance guys. I also lost SLA responsibility and gained Client communications (which was a super plus in my book) so I'm trying to stimulate myself... The conference on Monday is going to be great, nice opportunity to do some networking, and being my boss's backup is a great experience as his position is one that I want... Some day. :D
Wow, good luck. I'm sure you'll do well ;)

Lol, my best friend works at Aker Solutions as a Quality Manager/Inspector or whatever his title is... (QS/MS) I always forget. We handle SEB and SAS insurances too at my place to mention a few, so it's cool to hear about all these connections :XD

i love you but wtf u doing in pink?
Just no motivation to really put in the work now quite frankly. Better step back and time to move on. I prefer to just act around casually here the past months and intend to continue doing it. Who knows if I come back later, but at the moment I don't intend to resume the mantle of red.

Aha! I thought the same thing but at the end of the day, as long as you can handle your job well, show enthusiasm and that you want to move forward, the spot might just as well become yours.

Look at it this way; if they are that great and have worked for years, why haven't they climbed already? If they've been at your position for several years without moving up chances are high they either 1) don't want to climb or 2) don't have the necessary personality traits for the job

I for one prefer new guys over veterans. I haven't been at my job for that long but the ones I am "grooming" to climb are all newer guys :)
That's all very good points. Some of them I definitely think are content with what they're doing. One of them is obvious she wants to climb however. She's pretty much groomed for it, and luckily I'm sitting next to her and have a good working relationship with her =P
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

OK that's what you imagine? Awesome 8-)


Yeah, well, I've seen too many tv shows but that's exactly how I imagine it! :-D

We'll see, so far I'm very content with where I am. Working hard of course since I have obvious ambitions which I voiced during my interview. But if I become stagnant too long we'll see what I choose to do, but that's not on my mind. I might end up staying very long in the company I work for now since it has huge potential. That would be ideal. The plan was that this would be long term, which was also discussed in my interview xD


That sounds great. As long as you still feel like you are learning something every day you do well staying in your position whilst reaching out for more every now and then to see "what's out there", if there are any projects you can hop on or if you have time over you can brainstorm for change requests and then, when you feel that you are not learning anything new - you apply for a higher position (when one comes available) and lean back on your good and stable performance with all initiatives that came with. :)


Wow, good luck. I'm sure you'll do well ;)

Lol, my best friend works at Aker Solutions as a Quality Manager/Inspector or whatever his title is... (QS/MS) I always forget. We handle SEB and SAS insurances too at my place to mention a few, so it's cool to hear about all these connections :XD
Yeah, I have some friends who work with our Onsite service partner and helpdesks around the Nordics so every now and then we come across each other, it's really fun, but also important to keep these connections for your business network. Even if it feels like a long shot today you will most likely come across these people sometime during your professional life; either as a client, customer or side-by-side, and they can pave ways for future growth and development!


That's all very good points. Some of them I definitely think are content with what they're doing. One of them is obvious she wants to climb however. She's pretty much groomed for it, and luckily I'm sitting next to her and have a good working relationship with her =P
Nepotism, I kid you not, is the way to climb. Don't listen to the political correct people out there. All theories left and right about tribal leadership and idealism management aside; as a manager you look for proteges and rising stars and you groom them to take the spots, and I can't argue with the results if done right.






Also, in Amsterdam now... Went to bed at 2am, woke up at 5am, went to the airport at 9am, arrived at noon, worked at the office until five minutes ago, out for dinner with the group in just a bit and damn... I'm absolutely exhausted (but it's so fun!!! The HP office in Amsterdam is a building I can see myself working in!!! 5 stars without doubt!) /drool
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Is it us who rule the Kappa, or is the Kappa ruling us?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

The Kappa will always rule you from the shadows.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Yeah, my work as an admin.

gg
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

How is that a nice joke?
Since when did you do actual admin work?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°) I Know Nothing But Kappa...

Well bg is kinda your trademark... :')
 
Top