FeelsBadMan Zone

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Rewatched Hunter x Hunter 116 completely, it's still giving me the chills :kreygasm Time to rewatch the OPs, damn you Nuno!

---------- Post added October 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2015 at 11:57 PM ----------

This is funney:


---------- Post added October 20, 2015 at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was October 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM ----------

Dude I just remembered this gem:


:kreygasm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well name me those many romcoms then XD I dunno dude, most romances I recall either completely ignore or fuck up once the the MC and girl actually get together. There's a certainly a good chunk knowing how to write a good "falling in love and getting together" story, but what goes beyond that is mostly horrible because it's so far removed from reality. Toradora is an exception in that regard, and there are stories out there who can actually deliver realistic romance (again, after the whole process of getting together after all sorts of trouble and realizing their feelings), but in general I feel that most stories tend to be too idealistic or pure. I mean for example, do you know anyone who confessed his love to a girl and even days after that they didn't really kiss once rofl? Like that happens before the confession, or shortly after, but anything outside of that is just plain weird. Then there's sex too obviously. And I'm not saying they have to show stuff like that on screen, but at least hint at it or let the characters talk about it, just like how a normal relationship would advance.

So yeah, if we're only talking about the "getting together" part there are some positive examples, but anything that goes beyond that is usually handled like shit or ignored.

Well I shall let the Otaku inside me speak and tell you that shounen isn't a genre but decided by the magazine they're published in. There are very daring shounens unlike anything you relate to this "fake" genre 8) but yeah, in general I get what you mean and for the majority of stories published in shonen mags that's certainly true. Hence why I said they probably leave it out because they're either akward about the topic on a personal level or because editors go "DUDE YOU CAN'T SHOW KISSING IN OUR MAGAZINE AND THE BOYS WANT TO SEE ACTION NOT SOME SWEET ROMANCE!" :XD

Well I wrote way more than I wanted too... I hope that convinced you of my true otaku status :^)

There, you got it, have fun! :D
Well, I guess I agree with your entire paragraph. Not much to add. The build up is often full of tension (and overly dramatic/prolonged obviously), but after that it's mostly disappointing. Toradora doesn't really do much IMO since the show barely touches upon their life after their first kiss and all that. I mean they do confess and flee together obviously, which was great and all, but them being together is like 1% of the show.

Yeah IDK, maybe it's a cultural thing? It seems really reserved in general to show any such scenes in a shounen. Certainly a kiss or just a decent relationship wouldn't hurt any series, but it's often just not there at all.

Haha, I voted for you no problem. I can't see the results though :feelsbadman

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Rewatched Hunter x Hunter 116 completely, it's still giving me the chills :kreygasm Time to rewatch the OPs, damn you Nuno!

---------- Post added October 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2015 at 11:57 PM ----------

This is funney:


---------- Post added October 20, 2015 at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was October 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM ----------

Dude I just remembered this gem:


:kreygasm
:kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Yeah I watched 116 too, as well as 131 :XD

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------


First 25 seconds get me every time :feelsgoodman :feelsbadman
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, I guess I agree with your entire paragraph. Not much to add. The build up is often full of tension (and overly dramatic/prolonged obviously), but after that it's mostly disappointing. Toradora doesn't really do much IMO since the show barely touches upon their life after their first kiss and all that. I mean they do confess and flee together obviously, which was great and all, but them being together is like 1% of the show.

Yeah IDK, maybe it's a cultural thing? It seems really reserved in general to show any such scenes in a shounen. Certainly a kiss or just a decent relationship wouldn't hurt any series, but it's often just not there at all.

Haha, I voted for you no problem. I can't see the results though :feelsbadman

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------



:kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm :kreygasm

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Yeah I watched 116 too, as well as 131 :XD

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------


First 25 seconds get me every time :feelsgoodman :feelsbadman
Yeah granted, Toradora doesn't really explore the whole "being together" topic either, but at least it was brave enough to actually show a somewhat realistic approach regarding "getting together", not like the many other shows which have a confession end with a hug or no physical contact days or weeks after they got together. In that regard it did a lot better than a majority of other shows. And honestly I would say it's the most realistic first kiss I've seen in any anime XD

Well shounen magazines are aimed at boys most of the time, so it's more or less all about action and an interesting plot/setting. While romance can be of interest to boys, it does have it's risk if portrayed in a series mainly focusing on action/adventure, and I guess the mangaka and editors fear that it might harm more than do good. I mean imagine yourself 10-15 years ago and think about how important "romance" in a story was to you back then :XD Other aspect definitely is the cultural thing, Japan simply isn't that open towards intimate romance and anything that goes too specific becomes too much of a niche to actually make a somewhat big success (most of the time).
I've really only seen one work that does not shy away from anything involving a relationship, Natsu no Zenjitsu: http://myanimelist.net/manga/15242/Natsu_no_Zenjitsu
Well if you're ever interested you can check it out

Thanks, much appreciated! :D Not having powerz sucks huh? 8)

Hunter x Hunter just was amazing, but it's too long to rewatch the whole thing D:

:kreygasm Fight the Power never disappoints :kreygasm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
still enjoying that job spoonie?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Yeah granted, Toradora doesn't really explore the whole "being together" topic either, but at least it was brave enough to actually show a somewhat realistic approach regarding "getting together", not like the many other shows which have a confession end with a hug or no physical contact days or weeks after they got together. In that regard it did a lot better than a majority of other shows. And honestly I would say it's the most realistic first kiss I've seen in any anime XD

Well shounen magazines are aimed at boys most of the time, so it's more or less all about action and an interesting plot/setting. While romance can be of interest to boys, it does have it's risk if portrayed in a series mainly focusing on action/adventure, and I guess the mangaka and editors fear that it might harm more than do good. I mean imagine yourself 10-15 years ago and think about how important "romance" in a story was to you back then :XD Other aspect definitely is the cultural thing, Japan simply isn't that open towards intimate romance and anything that goes too specific becomes too much of a niche to actually make a somewhat big success (most of the time).
I've really only seen one work that does not shy away from anything involving a relationship, Natsu no Zenjitsu: http://myanimelist.net/manga/15242/Natsu_no_Zenjitsu
Well if you're ever interested you can check it out

Thanks, much appreciated! :D Not having powerz sucks huh? 8)

Hunter x Hunter just was amazing, but it's too long to rewatch the whole thing D:

:kreygasm Fight the Power never disappoints :kreygasm
I haven't seen that many first kisses that aren't cringe :XD I haven't really watched THAT MANY kisses in anime either way to be honest. But yeah can't really say anything but "I agree" to all that about Toradora. The anime was superb after all, even if it too had its minor flaws. Still salty about the quick ending after they got together and the hugely disappointing last episode, but whatever.

Romance was actually always important to me in stories, even when I was 12-15. Maybe I'm a rare case, but to me it was very important. I used to be huge into shipping when I was newer to manga/anime in series like Naruto, Bleach, DGM etc, until I noticed it won't ever matter in those series. All the fanart I read about Naruto (which was a lot), the ones containing good romance plot as well as the rest were my favorites xD Of course stories without romance too appealed to me (e.g. Dragonball). Not like it's a requirement, and I didn't watch much anime when I was 15 (I mainly started slowly at 16).

Yeah it sucks. Sometimes it makes me a little sad :feelsbadman

Fight the Power :feelsgoodman

still enjoying that job spoonie?
Yeah it's going pretty well man. Just got busted today for having a profile picture of Nuno Gomes (football player) on the "job facebook", roflmao. Wasn't too popular of a joke.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Ironforge >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stormwind
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It would probably be more epic, but I doubt it'll ever be the main focus of any of the movies....maybe the next one
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
They decided to stop releasing numbers because they already have next quarter's numbers and they're terrible.

Plus, they're sort of right. These earning calls are for their investors, and they still make money hand over fist. Bad numbers =/= bad profitability. The "bad" sub numbers just exist as bad publicity.
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow you didn't tell me about Gintama...? :gwah
I figured you knew already

They decided to stop releasing numbers because they already have next quarter's numbers and they're terrible.

Plus, they're sort of right. These earning calls are for their investors, and they still make money hand over fist. Bad numbers =/= bad profitability. The "bad" sub numbers just exist as bad publicity.
No shit sherlock :4head

Why would you come over that? LOL.

Haha, not surprising. It was so fucking dull playing after you hit max lvl. I did LOVE the lvling again though.
Well one can dream about a remake right? Prolly just a remaster of sorts though lol

It actually just fell another 100k compared to three months ago, so I guess it will somewhat stabilize now, but not like the numbers are going to get better until "Legion" :XD

I love how you ignored my Gintama comment, you're such a perfect douche bro!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ah okay, nice talking to you then!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
No shit sherlock :4head
wow the BM!! :pogchamp

Well one can dream about a remake right? Prolly just a remaster of sorts though lol

It actually just fell another 100k compared to three months ago, so I guess it will somewhat stabilize now, but not like the numbers are going to get better until "Legion" :XD

I love how you ignored my Gintama comment, you're such a perfect douche bro!
OH, I missed it being an ad for a person with qualities within WC3 areas etc, ROFL. Still though, how did you come over that? :XD

Yeah I bet around this time they won't lose much people. The people that play now are the ones that just don't get tired of it, and the huge number of people who always sub and play a little here and there etc. Makes sense that after the last patch's been out for a while the numbers won't really drop much.

Thanks!!
 
Top