Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

Who will win the World Cup?


  • Total voters
    48

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My stab at a guess for the remaining matches. I 100% think Japan will win in the end.
Germany D1: Marui/ Kite or Kirihara/ Kaji
Germany S1: Byoudin

Spain S3: Kintaro or Sanada
Spain D2: Tanegashima/ Fuji
Spain S2: Ryoma (or S1. Either way he'll face Ryoga. I don't think anyone's debating that)
Spain D1: Irie/ Atobe
Spain S1: Tokugawa
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I don't think the rule of 3 MSr still counts, since Germany already used only 2 MSr agaisnt South Africa (and probably will use only 2 agaisnt Japan) but this rule could still be active since Germany already broke rules before when Tezuka (apparently) played agaisnt 2 teams in the group stage (TUBE and South Africa)

It would actually be funny if Germany won agaisnt Japan and then be declassified for so many rule breaking and Japan go to the final
I believe it is still in play. Or else Japan will just use the Genius 5 to beat Germany.(With Niou and Yukimura completing the lineup)

USA will not field MSers too if it is allowed. As they lost Ryoma.

As for Tezuka, we are not completely sure he did play against 2 teams in group stage.(I mean we did not see him play the games)

Nah. That would be very terrible for the story.
"Germany beats Japan but Germany is disqualified". ( If japan win the championship, there will be an asterisk).

Besides, If Germany really did break rules, then they should have been disqualified now. And you think Volk and QP does not know the rules??????.

Anyway, I prefer Germany to beat japan. But if after that, Germany will be disqualified, that will be a total mess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My stab at a guess for the remaining matches. I 100% think Japan will win in the end.
Germany D1: Marui/ Kite or Kirihara/ Kaji
Germany S1: Byoudin

Spain S3: Kintaro or Sanada
Spain D2: Tanegashima/ Fuji
Spain S2: Ryoma (or S1. Either way he'll face Ryoga. I don't think anyone's debating that)
Spain D1: Irie/ Atobe
Spain S1: Tokugawa
You would have 4 Msers if you go marui/kite.
(Niou,Yuki,Marui,Kite). It would be a disrespect for Germany to be beaten by Japan using 4 Msers. (if you think japan will win)

Spain Vs Japan is good too(even I wanted Spain Vs Germany more). Hope Konomi will let us have a peek of spain players next chapters. We are only shown their backs. And I noticed 2 players taller than Medanore Standing besides him.

Well, some of posters here(including me) are arguing it is too early for Ryoma to beat Ryoga right now.

Based on my personal opinion, Ryoma is not even a genius 5 level player.(I doubt he can beat Oni). And we assume Ryoga is stronger than the genius 5 right????.

But if Ryoga will beat Ryoma. Then we can see it logical/reasonable.

Anyway, it all depends on coach mifune or should I say Konomi. Hehe.
 

iamred

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Country
United States
mathematicianrcg said:
How is Ryoma losing to Tezuka and almost to Fuji unoffficially related to creating hypes for the real matches?????
Especially occurring so early on in the series, the point is that there were better players than Ryoma out there at the time. Especially the Tezuka match. And when we see Tezuka lose later on to Atobe and Sanada, we know Ryoma is not yet on that level. The only way the Nationals arc in particular had any interesting matches with Ryoma was set up by the fact he had lost to Tezuka class players before. Even knowing he would win, imagine how boring it'd be if Ryoma had beaten literally everyone, Tezuka and Fuji included, and only had Nanjiro as his goal. In that case, he'd have been wasted in the MS setting, whereas his loss to Tezuka in particular literally set up the rest of his matches for the entire series.

I wouldn't say Mouri has gotten more attention either, though. He wasn't treated more favourably than Duke, Kimijima or Tohno. So I don't see that as a reason to expect Ochi to get a more favourable treatment just because he's from one of the known middle schools.
He had a single match. That's all that was needed. Once again, you are making my point for me.

The other reason why I'm skeptical is that, according to Konomi's interview in volume 23.5, the high schoolers' main function is to serve as mentors to the middle schoolers. Ochi and Oishi's doubles match even symbolized that. If that stays true, it seems to me that Ochi's own backstory is less significant and doesn't guarantee him another match to dive more deeply into his past.
I don't recall Duke mentoring very much. It's their general function and more obvious in specific cases like Irie/Atobe or Oni/Kintaro or Tokugawa/Ryoma, but Byoudin could give a damn too.

I'd expect Marui's combination with Kite to be expanded on rather than being diminished. I could also see some development involving Kaji if there's a more generic goal for Marui, like becoming the best volleyer or something along those lines.
I already spoke to the first combination. In any case, it's just a prediction. I'm going to leave mine as is, you can feel free to detail yours if you like.

Yeah, I do. To put it another way, the finals against Fudomine and Yamabuki were midpoints whereas the two against Rikkai were (potential) endpoints. As in, the series was very, very unlikely to end after either of the former, but could've well ended after either of the latter. I'm expecting the WC finals to be an endpoint though and re-use that pattern accordingly.
Not really a "pattern" when you only have 2 examples from one team and then other examples that don't fit lol.
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
My stab at a guess for the remaining matches. I 100% think Japan will win in the end.
Germany D1: Marui/ Kite or Kirihara/ Kaji
Germany S1: Byoudin

Spain S3: Kintaro or Sanada
Spain D2: Tanegashima/ Fuji
Spain S2: Ryoma (or S1. Either way he'll face Ryoga. I don't think anyone's debating that)
Spain D1: Irie/ Atobe
Spain S1: Tokugawa
If Japan wins against Germany, i think ryoma is the only MS who will play singles. For sure mifune will put all his best players in the finals. Whoever plays s1 against germany, will not play in the finals.
(byoudoin or tokugawa).
My line-up for spain will be
S3. Ryoma ( first official loss)
D2. Irie/atobe
S2. Tanegashima
D1. Ochi/fuji (if oni is not injured, i think he will play also but in doubles)
S1. Byou/tokugawa

Spain wins 3-0 or 3-1
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
If Japan wins against Germany, i think ryoma is the only MS who will play singles. For sure mifune will put all his best players in the finals. Whoever plays s1 against germany, will not play in the finals.
(byoudoin or tokugawa).
My line-up for spain will be
S3. Ryoma ( first official loss)
D2. Irie/atobe
S2. Tanegashima
D1. Ochi/fuji (if oni is not injured, i think he will play also but in doubles)
S1. Byou/tokugawa

Spain wins 3-0 or 3-1
Assuming Japan Vs Spain Finals:


Would you rather want Ryoga to be the one to beat Ryoma? Or another Mser in Spain? I prefer the latter. To give Ryoma a wake up call that he is not the best Mser in the NPOT world yet.

I think Fuji will win his next match regardless if it is against germany,spain, or usa.

Oni will not play. He is terribly injured and too tired.

Tanegashima can also suffer his first lost to Ryoga.

Irie/Atobe is an exciting pair. But I think some pair in spain can counter their insights.

We may not even see Medanore play yet.

The BIG QUESTION is if the SWITCHING RULES STILL APPLIES.

If Finals doesn't have switching rule. It all depends on how they will form the lineup. You can assemble a QUICK KILL lineup.

Japan can go for the QUICK KILL lineup.

S3: Irie
D2: Tokugawa/Tanegashima
S2: Byodoin
D1: Ryoma/Fuji
S1: Does Not Matter. (If it goes here,spain will win with medanore)

But i am with you that Spain(which is hidden fron the start) will win the championship
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
Assuming Japan Vs Spain Finals:


Would you rather want Ryoga to be the one to beat Ryoma? Or another Mser in Spain? I prefer the latter. To give Ryoma a wake up call that he is not the best Mser in the NPOT world yet.

I think Fuji will win his next match regardless if it is against germany,spain, or usa.

Oni will not play. He is terribly injured and too tired.

Tanegashima can also suffer his first lost to Ryoga.

Irie/Atobe is an exciting pair. But I think some pair in spain can counter their insights.

We may not even see Medanore play yet.

The BIG QUESTION is if the SWITCHING RULES STILL APPLIES.

If Finals doesn't have switching rule. It all depends on how they will form the lineup. You can assemble a QUICK KILL lineup.

Japan can go for the QUICK KILL lineup.

S3: Irie
D2: Tokugawa/Tanegashima
S2: Byodoin
D1: Ryoma/Fuji
S1: Does Not Matter. (If it goes here,spain will win with medanore)

But i am with you that Spain(which is hidden fron the start) will win the championship
Much better if another MSer beat ryoma, but for sure konomi will put ryoma against his brother, if ryoga lose to ryoma, i will be disappointed. I still stick with my prediction, its too early for ryoma to beat the caliber of ryoga, and japan to win the championship
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You would have 4 Msers if you go marui/kite.
(Niou,Yuki,Marui,Kite). It would be a disrespect for Germany to be beaten by Japan using 4 Msers. (if you think japan will win)

Spain Vs Japan is good too(even I wanted Spain Vs Germany more). Hope Konomi will let us have a peek of spain players next chapters. We are only shown their backs. And I noticed 2 players taller than Medanore Standing besides him.

Well, some of posters here(including me) are arguing it is too early for Ryoma to beat Ryoga right now.

Based on my personal opinion, Ryoma is not even a genius 5 level player.(I doubt he can beat Oni). And we assume Ryoga is stronger than the genius 5 right????.
The reason I have Marui and Kite as sn option is just cause it's the only way I see for either of them to be relevant. Otherwise I think the Kaji/ Kirihara pair works. Maybe use Tanegashima and Fuji here instead.

I'm just saying Ryoma snd Ryoga will play. I'm not deciding a winner of that match. Just that they'll play.

Vs spain you could probably put Byoudin in S3 assuming he doesn't get injured beating Volk.

I'm pretty sure Japan is winning cuz if they lose to Germany then who cares anymore. The spain team has one character that we've actually met (Despite how much Medanore gets hyped up on here) and Germany has one player with a focused character arc in Tezuka. They're match has no satisfying resolution because the majority of both teams are just faces.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Much better if another MSer beat ryoma, but for sure konomi will put ryoma against his brother, if ryoga lose to ryoma, i will be disappointed. I still stick with my prediction, its too early for ryoma to beat the caliber of ryoga, and japan to win the championship
Agree. Imagine Ryoma who is not even in Top 5 of his two teams(Usa and Japan), will beat the "So called" Strongest player in the tournament.

Ryoma is not even in the caliber of Ryoga/Medanore/Volk. He may not even in the level of Ralph/Camus/Amadeus.

I think Ryoma is only slightly above Mouri and Ochi level now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The reason I have Marui and Kite as sn option is just cause it's the only way I see for either of them to be relevant. Otherwise I think the Kaji/ Kirihara pair works. Maybe use Tanegashima and Fuji here instead.

I'm just saying Ryoma snd Ryoga will play. I'm not deciding a winner of that match. Just that they'll play.

Vs spain you could probably put Byoudin in S3 assuming he doesn't get injured beating Volk.

I'm pretty sure Japan is winning cuz if they lose to Germany then who cares anymore. The spain team has one character that we've actually met (Despite how much Medanore gets hyped up on here) and Germany has one player with a focused character arc in Tezuka. They're match has no satisfying resolution because the majority of both teams are just faces.
Tanegashima and Fuji are great pair. Both Geniuses. Maybe they can even produce a howling.😃 (Because they are both tensai)

Ok. But I prefer Ryoga to win that match.

But If Germany will beat Japan. There will be still Japan Vs USA(Battle for 3rd). We do not know USA real strength yet.(especially there is a big chance Dodo,Alan, and Kiko did not play against spain).

I think Japan is only in USA level right now. I mean Japan is a little deeper because of stronger Msers. But they probably in the same level. Japan Vs USA is a good matchup too.

Spain Vs Germany will be a blockbuster. That will be a highlight. A lot will care for that

Medanore Vs Volk
Ryoga Vs Qp
Tezuka Vs Strongest Mser(I predict him in spain)

You mean those 3 matchups will be ignored and be not cared at all???.

Spain Vs Germany match will be great because it is unpredictable. And will decide who is the strongest team in the tourney.(Both of them has no plot armor, so it will be fair play).
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Agree. Imagine Ryoma who is not even in Top 5 of his two teams(Usa and Japan), will beat the "So called" Strongest player in the tournament.

Ryoma is not even in the caliber of Ryoga/Medanore/Volk. He may not even in the level of Ralph/Camus/Amadeus.

I think Ryoma is only slightly above Mouri and Ochi level now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Tanegashima and Fuji are great pair. Both Geniuses. Maybe they can even produce a howling.😃 (Because they are both tensai)

Ok. But I prefer Ryoga to win that match.

But If Germany will beat Japan. There will be still Japan Vs USA(Battle for 3rd). We do not know USA real strength yet.(especially there is a big chance Dodo,Alan, and Kiko did not play against spain).

I think Japan is only in USA level right now. I mean Japan is a little deeper because of stronger Msers. But they probably in the same level. Japan Vs USA is a good matchup too.

Spain Vs Germany will be a blockbuster. That will be a highlight. A lot will care for that

Medanore Vs Volk
Ryoga Vs Qp
Tezuka Vs Strongest Mser(I predict him in spain)

You mean those 3 matchups will be ignored and be not cared at all???.

Spain Vs Germany match will be great because it is unpredictable. And will decide who is the strongest team in the tourney.(Both of them has no plot armor, so it will be fair play).
Why do you underrate Ryoma so much? Anyone outside of the top 5 would had lost to Ludovic even before he got his Kijin. There is just no way Ryoma is barely top ten material in Japan.

Not only that, this is the same character that barely edged Akutsu (that never trained) and Hiyoshi, yet 2 months later he won against the undefeated child of god...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Medanore Vs Volk
Ryoga Vs Qp
Tezuka Vs Strongest Mser(I predict him in spain)

You mean those 3 matchups will be ignored and be not cared at all???.
Yes, because as readers we have no reason to care for that match.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gonna drop my line-up.

Vs Germany
D1: Tanegashima/Marui
S1: Irie

This is the only way Marui gets a match without playing in the finals which I would hate...

I would prefer Irie/Fuji however, with the latter switching with Tanegashima and playing in S1. This is assuming the German D1 is Volk/Sieg.


*Accident that kills almost all hsers happens*

Vs Spain

S3: Atobe
D2: Kite/Akutsu
S2: Kintarou
D1: Fuji/Kirihara
S1: Tokugawa
R: Ryoma

With a line-up like this you get a player from each school. Akutsu is unlikely (but not impossible) yet he fits the theme so why not.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Why do you underrate Ryoma so much? Anyone outside of the top 5 would had lost to Ludovic even before he got his Kijin. There is just no way Ryoma is barely top ten material in Japan.

Not only that, this is the same character that barely edged Akutsu (that never trained) and Hiyoshi, yet 2 months later he won against the undefeated child of god...
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Yes, because as readers we have no reason to care for that match.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gonna drop my line-up.

Vs Germany
D1: Tanegashima/Marui
S1: Irie

This is the only way Marui gets a match without playing in the finals which I would hate...

I would prefer Irie/Fuji however, with the latter switching with Tanegashima and playing in S1. This is assuming the German D1 is Volk/Sieg.


*Accident that kills almost all hsers happens*

Vs Spain

S3: Atobe
D2: Kite/Akutsu
S2: Kintarou
D1: Fuji/Kirihara
S1: Tokugawa
R: Ryoma

With a line-up like this you get a player from each school. Akutsu is unlikely (but not impossible) yet he fits the theme so why not.
Fair Enough, But Ryoma is not Genius 5 level right? I think you admit it as you say "outside of top 5 will lose against ludovic". So You implied that Genius 5 is a level higher than Ryoma/Ludovic level.

And We all agree Ryoga is stronger than Genius 5 right? Or atleast Genius 5 level the very least.


I think you are also forgetting that Ryoma has beaten Atobe and Sanada(The two who beat Tezuka that ryoma cannot beat). And Played evenly against Kintaro which Kintaro has the advantage in that one point match. Before Ryoma battled Yukimura. So Ryoma did not suddenly jump level. You act like his match against Akutsu and Hiyoshi are his final matches.

But ok if Ryoma is in Genius 10. Where will you put him now? At 6th???
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The match between Spain and Germany wouldn't matter because there are no stakes for the reader. Our focus characters are the Japanese. From a narrative perspective; it doesn't matter if Medanore is better than Volk or QP if he's not a final boss.

I do think Japan losing to Spain is more likely (i don't think it will happen though). Japan vs US also doesn't matter from s Character narrative. In the real world, taking 3rd when you were ranked 23rd at the start would be a huge deal. But our major characters are here to be number 1. Byoudin and Tokugawa have put there lives on the line to be number 1. If they fail that then why care if they're 3rd or 4th.
Especially since losing here makes everything up to this point meaningless.
Imagine the next world cup in 2 years. Japan wins, it's a big deal right? No. Because all the big hyped up players are gone. All but Mori from the HSers are gone. Volk, QP? Medanore, Camus and Possibly Ryoga are all gone. It becomes a hollow victory unless Konomi writes characters that are better than those guys in which case the same scenario plays out. Maybe some people are ok with that. But that makes for a poor story in my opinion.

Back on topic i do want to sort of revize my prediction.
I would put Ohmagari with Marui in Germany D2. The ultimate defensive pair. And since Ohmagari has super high stamina, Marui csn use his strats with Jackal to full effect while letting Ohmagari have a shot of redemption.

Also I would put Irie in Spain S3 snd pair Ochi with Atobe instead. Atobe seems to me to be evolving into a doubles player since he has yet to play singles in the tournament. This lets him pair with the "Super High School Doubles Specialist" who is slso from Hyoutei and has s killer serve. Plus I imagine it becomes easy to mental assassin when both you and your partner have A-S tier service game and your partner can target absolute blind spots.
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
Why do you underrate Ryoma so much? Anyone outside of the top 5 would had lost to Ludovic even before he got his Kijin. There is just no way Ryoma is barely top ten material in Japan.

Not only that, this is the same character that barely edged Akutsu (that never trained) and Hiyoshi, yet 2 months later he won against the undefeated child of god...
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Yes, because as readers we have no reason to care for that match.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gonna drop my line-up.

Vs Germany
D1: Tanegashima/Marui
S1: Irie

This is the only way Marui gets a match without playing in the finals which I would hate...

I would prefer Irie/Fuji however, with the latter switching with Tanegashima and playing in S1. This is assuming the German D1 is Volk/Sieg.


*Accident that kills almost all hsers happens*

Vs Spain

S3: Atobe
D2: Kite/Akutsu
S2: Kintarou
D1: Fuji/Kirihara
S1: Tokugawa
R: Ryoma

With a line-up like this you get a player from each school. Akutsu is unlikely (but not impossible) yet he fits the theme so why not.
So Byodouin will not play in this tournament? Akutsu already replaced by sengoku 😒😒😒
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Fair Enough, But Ryoma is not Genius 5 level right? I think you admit it as you say "outside of top 5 will lose against ludovic". So You implied that Genius 5 is a level higher than Ryoma/Ludovic level.

And We all agree Ryoga is stronger than Genius 5 right? Or atleast Genius 5 level the very least.


I think you are also forgetting that Ryoma has beaten Atobe and Sanada(The two who beat Tezuka that ryoma cannot beat). And Played evenly against Kintaro which Kintaro has the advantage in that one point match. Before Ryoma battled Yukimura. So Ryoma did not suddenly jump level. You act like his match against Akutsu and Hiyoshi are his final matches.

But ok if Ryoma is in Genius 10. Where will you put him now? At 6th???
If he doesn't get overwhelmed by power (which he shouldn't as Ryoma can comfortably hit the SSS) I can see current Ryoma beating Duke (who, in theory, had a chance against Camus). That's as high as his current power goes imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So Byodouin will not play in this tournament? Akutsu already replaced by sengoku 😒😒😒
Yes to both things.

Konomi changes rules as he goes so it hardly matters. He can even say Sengoku was lucky and never signed his player sheet.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The match between Spain and Germany wouldn't matter because there are no stakes for the reader. Our focus characters are the Japanese. From a narrative perspective; it doesn't matter if Medanore is better than Volk or QP if he's not a final boss.

I do think Japan losing to Spain is more likely (i don't think it will happen though). Japan vs US also doesn't matter from s Character narrative. In the real world, taking 3rd when you were ranked 23rd at the start would be a huge deal. But our major characters are here to be number 1. Byoudin and Tokugawa have put there lives on the line to be number 1. If they fail that then why care if they're 3rd or 4th.
Especially since losing here makes everything up to this point meaningless.
Imagine the next world cup in 2 years. Japan wins, it's a big deal right? No. Because all the big hyped up players are gone. All but Mori from the HSers are gone. Volk, QP? Medanore, Camus and Possibly Ryoga are all gone. It becomes a hollow victory unless Konomi writes characters that are better than those guys in which case the same scenario plays out. Maybe some people are ok with that. But that makes for a poor story in my opinion.

Back on topic i do want to sort of revize my prediction.
I would put Ohmagari with Marui in Germany D2. The ultimate defensive pair. And since Ohmagari has super high stamina, Marui csn use his strats with Jackal to full effect while letting Ohmagari have a shot of redemption.

Also I would put Irie in Spain S3 snd pair Ochi with Atobe instead. Atobe seems to me to be evolving into a doubles player since he has yet to play singles in the tournament. This lets him pair with the "Super High School Doubles Specialist" who is slso from Hyoutei and has s killer serve. Plus I imagine it becomes easy to mental assassin when both you and your partner have A-S tier service game and your partner can target absolute blind spots.
If Kite knows how to play with 3 rackets, unless it's 100% an endurance match there is no reason (even story-wise) for Ohmagari to play
 

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
If he doesn't get overwhelmed by power (which he shouldn't as Ryoma can comfortably hit the SSS) I can see current Ryoma beating Duke (who, in theory, had a chance against Camus). That's as high as his current power goes imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yes to both things.

Konomi changes rules as he goes so it hardly matters. He can even say Sengoku was lucky and never signed his player sheet.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



If Kite knows how to play with 3 rackets, unless it's 100% an endurance match there is no reason (even story-wise) for Ohmagari to play
Nah theres no way byodouin will not play against germany or spain, dont overthink too much
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
601
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Fair Enough, But Ryoma is not Genius 5 level right? I think you admit it as you say "outside of top 5 will lose against ludovic". So You implied that Genius 5 is a level higher than Ryoma/Ludovic level.

And We all agree Ryoga is stronger than Genius 5 right? Or atleast Genius 5 level the very least.


I think you are also forgetting that Ryoma has beaten Atobe and Sanada(The two who beat Tezuka that ryoma cannot beat). And Played evenly against Kintaro which Kintaro has the advantage in that one point match. Before Ryoma battled Yukimura. So Ryoma did not suddenly jump level. You act like his match against Akutsu and Hiyoshi are his final matches.

But ok if Ryoma is in Genius 10. Where will you put him now? At 6th???
I saw a lot of posts of you underrating Ryoma so much.

Ryoma is definitely G5 material, I see him a bit weaker than Byodouin at the moment. I'm pretty sure that he'd be able to beat both Tanegashima and Duke, remember that after the tournament he will play Byodouin for the No.1 spot as he promised a match to Ryoma after the tournament, and he'll definitely win.

Ludovic was a pretty dangerous opponent, had he faced anybody from No.6 to No.10 of Japan, he would have wrecked them. I even see Ludovic even stronger than the likes of Duke, so Ryoma is definitely top 3 material in Japan.

He'll face Ryoga, and there's no way Spain is beating Japan. After the WC arc the series will be done most likely, and no way Japan vs. Spain isn't happening. It's ridiculous that Japan loses in the end, and no way Spain decimates Japan 3-0 or 3-1. Except Ryoga and (maybe) Medanore, the Spanish players don't have any backstory at all, and therefore, excepting those two, will be defeated by Japanese players. Japan winning 3-2 and taking the tournament is the most likely scenario. A timeskip and another arc in the future after this doesn't make any sense at all.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I saw a lot of posts of you underrating Ryoma so much.

Ryoma is definitely G5 material, I see him a bit weaker than Byodouin at the moment. I'm pretty sure that he'd be able to beat both Tanegashima and Duke, remember that after the tournament he will play Byodouin for the No.1 spot as he promised a match to Ryoma after the tournament, and he'll definitely win.

Ludovic was a pretty dangerous opponent, had he faced anybody from No.6 to No.10 of Japan, he would have wrecked them. I even see Ludovic even stronger than the likes of Duke, so Ryoma is definitely top 3 material in Japan.

He'll face Ryoga, and there's no way Spain is beating Japan. After the WC arc the series will be done most likely, and no way Japan vs. Spain isn't happening. It's ridiculous that Japan loses in the end, and no way Spain decimates Japan 3-0 or 3-1. Except Ryoga and (maybe) Medanore, the Spanish players don't have any backstory at all, and therefore, excepting those two, will be defeated by Japanese players. Japan winning 3-2 and taking the tournament is the most likely scenario. A timeskip and another arc in the future after this doesn't make any sense at all.
What??? Ryoma will beat Duke and Tanegashima now??? So, Ryoma is Japan No.2 right now.😂😂😂😂.

So Current Ryoma is stronger than Current Yukimura and Current Tezuka.🤦🤦🤦

Ryoma did not even surpass Tokugawa yet. And you all are saying he is stronger than Tanegashima and Duke now????!!!!

I am not underrating him. You are just overrating him. I could put Ryoma at Top 7, maybe top 6 at the highest. Genius 5 is still ahead of him CURRENTLY

Oni TNK with kijin will likely beat Ryoma.(Remember it takes a God tier opponent QP using Ultimate quality aura just to beat Oni)

Tokugawa is obvious. Toku beat Ryoma. And so far, Ryoma did not surpassed him yet.

Tanegashima will return everything in Ryoma's arsenal.

Duke is debatable. But I am going towards Duke as " Theory said he is almost the same level with Camus).

Ryoma beating top 6-10. I can agree with that.

Just because Byo promised a match against Ryoma does not mean he is no. 2. It is just like Byodoin and Tokugawa back story. (Where Tokugawa challenged Byodoin for the no.1 spot but Tokugawa is nowhere near japan's no.2 that time)
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If Kite knows how to play with 3 rackets, unless it's 100% an endurance match there is no reason (even story-wise) for Ohmagari to play
That's my prediction though. An absolute Stamina battle using Ohmagari's Nitoryu and Marui's Wonder Castle as their defense. I don't know where else to put Marui really. Given the track record of team Japan though it'll probably be Duke and someone else. I'd put Yukimura in somewhere, but I can't imagine any role for him that wouldn't feel completely overshadowed by our current one.
 

TFJ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
316
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Much better if another MSer beat ryoma, but for sure konomi will put ryoma against his brother, if ryoga lose to ryoma, i will be disappointed. I still stick with my prediction, its too early for ryoma to beat the caliber of ryoga, and japan to win the championship
That only works if he is going to do an epilogue or another story though. Having Ryoma finish the series on a loss, I can't see him ever doing that. Like what the heck type of ending is that. I mean I want it to be realistic (even though we are so far beyond that) but I can't see a loss happening.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Agree. Imagine Ryoma who is not even in Top 5 of his two teams(Usa and Japan), will beat the "So called" Strongest player in the tournament.

Ryoma is not even in the caliber of Ryoga/Medanore/Volk. He may not even in the level of Ralph/Camus/Amadeus.

I think Ryoma is only slightly above Mouri and Ochi level now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Tanegashima and Fuji are great pair. Both Geniuses. Maybe they can even produce a howling.😃 (Because they are both tensai)

Ok. But I prefer Ryoga to win that match.

But If Germany will beat Japan. There will be still Japan Vs USA(Battle for 3rd). We do not know USA real strength yet.(especially there is a big chance Dodo,Alan, and Kiko did not play against spain).

I think Japan is only in USA level right now. I mean Japan is a little deeper because of stronger Msers. But they probably in the same level. Japan Vs USA is a good matchup too.

Spain Vs Germany will be a blockbuster. That will be a highlight. A lot will care for that

Medanore Vs Volk
Ryoga Vs Qp
Tezuka Vs Strongest Mser(I predict him in spain)

You mean those 3 matchups will be ignored and be not cared at all???.

Spain Vs Germany match will be great because it is unpredictable. And will decide who is the strongest team in the tourney.(Both of them has no plot armor, so it will be fair play).
I don't like Volk, have no attachment to QP, and don't like Tezuka. Why would I ever care about that. On top of that, I don't root for Germany or Spain. And every team not named Japan has always gotten MUCH MUCH less screen time, it would literally be one to two chapter matches.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Fair Enough, But Ryoma is not Genius 5 level right? I think you admit it as you say "outside of top 5 will lose against ludovic". So You implied that Genius 5 is a level higher than Ryoma/Ludovic level.

And We all agree Ryoga is stronger than Genius 5 right? Or atleast Genius 5 level the very least.


I think you are also forgetting that Ryoma has beaten Atobe and Sanada(The two who beat Tezuka that ryoma cannot beat). And Played evenly against Kintaro which Kintaro has the advantage in that one point match. Before Ryoma battled Yukimura. So Ryoma did not suddenly jump level. You act like his match against Akutsu and Hiyoshi are his final matches.

But ok if Ryoma is in Genius 10. Where will you put him now? At 6th???
I thought Ryoma and Kintarou literally tied in the one point match. And whereas Kintarou got completely demolished by Yukimura, Ryoma was able to hang on for awhile and then not lose himself.

Ryoma also has his samurai Kijin he has yet to master which can be a huge powerup.
 
Top