Theory - Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think it’ll be like this:

S3: Kintarou (L)
D2: Atobe/Kite (W)
S2: Tokugawa (W)
D1: Irie/Fuji (L)
S1: Ryoma (W)

I just can’t see Atobe in Singles over Toku or Kintarou, the former needs a big win since he lost every match he played so far and Medanore it’s probably his most likely opponent as nobody but Ryoma will face Ryoga, it’ll feel a bit odd if his last match is in doubles tbh. The latter will probably face Spain’s No.3.

As for doubles, Kite needs a win yes or yes so if Konomi will show new pairs that he hasn’t made before, Atobe/Kite and Irie/Fuji are the only options, or Konomi could throw a curveball here and put Kin-chan in doubles, and make Atobe play Singles. Kintarou in doubles strikes me as very unlikely but it wouldn’t surprise me if Konomi ends up doing it.

Then, we could also get:

S3: Atobe
D2: Kintarou/Kite
S2: Tokugawa
D1: Irie/Fuji
S1: Ryoma

Kintarou could swap between doubles (i.e Kintarou/Irie and Fuji/Kite, or Kintarou/Fuji and Irie/Kite could also be possible pairs).
Imo, it is very unlikely for Spain to be down 1-2. I even think spain will lead 2-0 or 2-1. Unless we change the order of doubles and singles matches.

I will be the devil's advocate here that I think Tokugawa will lose to medanore in S2. Firing up Ryoma, and Setting up for Ryoma Vs Ryoga as the Finals Match.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Since Atobe lost to Yukimura I definitely think he'll win his final big match of the series. Especially after Tezuka fodderized him at the beginning of the world cup.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since Atobe lost to Yukimura I definitely think he'll win his final big match od the series. Especially after Tezuka fodderized him at the beginning of the world cup.
Yes, and it can also explain why Atobe can go toe to toe with Yukimura. And why Atobe can snap out of yips immediately by just will power.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think some darkhorse for participation in the finals if Japan makes it are:

Ohmagari - He is Genius 10 No.6. But he have no shine in the whole arc. He is being treated like Marui. Though Ohmagari played and lost terribly in doubles against Swiss in an off screen match.

Kite and Marui - Almost same reason with Ohmagari. They have no moments yet.

Though, I really think Ryoma, Fuji, Kintaro, and Atobe will be sure playing.

Unless if @Kaoz theory of making it a 7 match Finals series came true. 3 Doubles and 4 Singles.
Japan lineup could be like

D3: Irie/Atobe
D2: Ohmagari/Kite
D1: Marui/???? ( I am still thinking)
S4: Fuji
S3: Kintaro
S2: Ryoma or Tokugawa
S1: Ryoma or Tokugawa

I think I am starting to like the possibility of kaoz idea.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If Japan makes Finals.

It is obvious that Byodoin and Oni cannot play due to possible injuries they suffered playing against Volk and Qp respectively.
Duke and Tanegashima looks like healthy, but I doubt they will play in the Finals.

Yes, it will probably youngsters time to shine. Tokugawa is a youngster to an extent also. And then they mysterious Irie, and no feat Ohmagari.

erosares286

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes, and it can also explain why Atobe can go toe to toe with Yukimura. And why Atobe can snap out of yips immediately by just will power.

I think some darkhorse for participation in the finals if Japan makes it are:

Ohmagari - He is Genius 10 No.6. But he have no shine in the whole arc. He is being treated like Marui. Though Ohmagari played and lost terribly in doubles against Swiss in an off screen match.

Kite and Marui - Almost same reason with Ohmagari. They have no moments yet.

Though, I really think Ryoma, Fuji, Kintaro, and Atobe will be sure playing.

Unless if @Kaoz theory of making it a 7 match Finals series came true. 3 Doubles and 4 Singles.
Japan lineup could be like

D3: Irie/Atobe
D2: Ohmagari/Kite
D1: Marui/???? ( I am still thinking)
S4: Fuji
S2: Ryoma or Tokugawa
S1: Ryoma or Tokugawa

I think I am starting to like the possibility of kaoz idea.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If Japan makes Finals.

It is obvious that Byodoin and Oni cannot play due to possible injuries they suffered playing against Volk and Qp respectively.
Duke and Tanegashima looks like healthy, but I doubt they will play in the Finals.

Yes, it will probably youngsters time to shine. Tokugawa is a youngster to an extent also. And then they mysterious Irie, and no feat Ohmagari.
I also like the idea of 7 matches for the Finala, (4 Doubles, 3 Singles) , so many of other Reps. has a chance to play 😂

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I also like the idea of 7 matches for the Finala, (4 Doubles, 3 Singles) , so many of other Reps. has a chance to play 😂
Actually, it should be 4 Singles, 3 doubles. (Singles Should be more than doubles imo)

Well, this is not impossible to happen.

Adamska

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
As for Finals predictions and plot:

My assumption is Medanore sent Royga to destroy teams. Come to think of it, Byo is more than a threat to him due to their history, and Ralph too so he used his dirty plans (which makes him more Villain)
result: Ryoga destroyed Ralph along with US of A! As for Japan he casued damages and left some bad seeds.

I think during his match with Medanore, his pirate was reshaped into Skull Pirate, probably after his match with Amadeus and his adventures along the way.
That's why my guess is Medanore will face Tokugawa, perhaps we might get backstory of Medanore with Boss.
Two days before final is something to think about. Why? those who faced Germany might be able to play although unlikeable because of plot and some remaining characters' development.
I think Tokugawa vs Meda would be the same with Boss vs Monster Volk where Tokugawa must improve during the match with all his life and yet play honorably (maybe his game inspire will Ryoma too!)

so my Line-up:
S3- Kintarou
D2- Irie/Atobe
S2- Ryoma
D1- Fuji/Ohmagari?
S1-Tokugawa

But I have this feeling that Konomi-san will mess around and put together a strange, for instance, line-up where Medanore will play S3. Or finally, Duke at 100%

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
As for Finals predictions and plot:

My assumption is Medanore sent Royga to destroy teams. Come to think of it, Byo is more than a threat to him due to their history, and Ralph too so he used his dirty plans (which makes him more Villain)
result: Ryoga destroyed Ralph along with US of A! As for Japan he casued damages and left some bad seeds.

I think during his match with Medanore, his pirate was reshaped into Skull Pirate, probably after his match with Amadeus and his adventures along the way.
That's why my guess is Medanore will face Tokugawa, perhaps we might get backstory of Medanore with Boss.
Two days before final is something to think about. Why? those who faced Germany might be able to play although unlikeable because of plot and some remaining characters' development.
I think Tokugawa vs Meda would be the same with Boss vs Monster Volk where Tokugawa must improve during the match with all his life and yet play honorably (maybe his game inspire will Ryoma too!)

so my Line-up:
S3- Kintarou
D2- Irie/Atobe
S2- Ryoma
D1- Fuji/Ohmagari?
S1-Tokugawa

But I have this feeling that Konomi-san will mess around and put together a strange, for instance, line-up where Medanore will play S3. Or finally, Duke at 100%
oh please. Not medanore in S3. Lol.

I prefer medanore to be in S2 or S1.

Although if he plays in S3, I think medanore will win, just like how QP won S3 against Oni.

Idk, Ouch Konomi probably needed this 2 months break to

1. See how the anime goes.

2. think more about what will happen in the finals. (I know he already have, but looks like konomi is a writer that can change his idea along the way)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd be very surprised if any of the following seven players didn't feature in the finals:
  • Tokugawa
  • Irie
  • Atobe
  • Kintarou
  • Fuji
  • Kite
  • Ryoma
Kite should be set based on him following the same development sequence as Shiraishi and Kirihara, with having one regular match in the camp and then a quick match in the group league, plus some teased practice. The other six seem to be consensus anyway at this point? So if anyone else plays, the format of the match has to accomodate more than seven players. There's two known ways to hold more than seven players in a line-up. One is to have a reserve match, the other to use the G10 format. If it's seven or eight players, there's also two possible sequences to consider. The round could either start with both doubles, like against France, or alternate between singles and doubles like against Germany.

There's a few factors on my mind:
  • Tournament structure: I still wonder if there's some sort of internal logic for switching sequences between the quarterfinals and semifinals. One thing I noticed while flipping through old chapters is that Switzerland is introduced the following way in their round 1 match against Portugal:
    Chapter 230 said:
    Henri, Peter, Federer, and Pug... The Swiss are bursting with talent. And even if you somehow make it past them, you still have to deal with Amadeus.
    One way of reading this implies that it was possible for Switzerland to win three matches with only four players. The only way this works is if R1 featured the alternating match sequence. If that's true, R1 and the semifinals alternate between singles and doubles, whereas the quarterfinals played the doubles first. So there may be a pattern that suggests the finals opening with the two doubles matches.
  • HS/MS pairs: So far, Japan has emphasized doubles combinations that pair a high schooler with a middle schooler. The seven players above include only two high schoolers, so for the pattern to persist, both Irie and Tokugawa have to play doubles or there has to be another high schooler, i.e. an eighth person, in the line-up.
  • Birthdays: For those who don't know or remember the theory, so far the Finals Tournament matches have tracked fairly well with the birthdays of the characters that played in each match. Significant outliers are Mouri and Kirihara, but in the case of everyone else, the character's match was going on within a month of their birthday. This isn't too helpful for long-term predictions, but it might provide a hint for who is more or less likely to play the first match.

The series resumes in March and we'll probably have a few setup chapters, something like one month to introduce Spain and one month for some off-court competition. This way, the first match of the finals would start in May. Given that most matches have taken four to six months so far, it may be less likely for Fuji (Feb 29) or Irie (Dec 07) to feature in the opener.
Another point to consider in some lines is the switch rule. We saw it a few times in the group league, but it hasn't been used in the Finals Tournament so far. This might mean the rule isn't in effect anymore, but it could also be used to shift Ryoma vs Ryoga from S2 to S1 or something along those lines, for example if both of them are missing by the time the match is supposed to start.

Here's one idea that complies with everything from above:
  • D2 Tokugawa/Kite
  • D1 Irie/Fuji
  • S3 Kintarou
  • S2 Atobe
  • S1 Ryoma
Or, alternatively, if we insist on Tokugawa vs Medanore being a singles match:
  • D2 Ohmagari/Kite
  • D1 Irie/Fuji
  • S3 Kintarou
  • S2 Atobe
  • S1 Tokugawa
  • RS Ryoma

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'd be very surprised if any of the following seven players didn't feature in the finals:
  • Tokugawa
  • Irie
  • Atobe
  • Kintarou
  • Fuji
  • Kite
  • Ryoma
Kite should be set based on him following the same development sequence as Shiraishi and Kirihara, with having one regular match in the camp and then a quick match in the group league, plus some teased practice. The other six seem to be consensus anyway at this point? So if anyone else plays, the format of the match has to accomodate more than seven players. There's two known ways to hold more than seven players in a line-up. One is to have a reserve match, the other to use the G10 format. If it's seven or eight players, there's also two possible sequences to consider. The round could either start with both doubles, like against France, or alternate between singles and doubles like against Germany.

There's a few factors on my mind:
  • Tournament structure: I still wonder if there's some sort of internal logic for switching sequences between the quarterfinals and semifinals. One thing I noticed while flipping through old chapters is that Switzerland is introduced the following way in their round 1 match against Portugal:

One way of reading this implies that it was possible for Switzerland to win three matches with only four players. The only way this works is if R1 featured the alternating match sequence. If that's true, R1 and the semifinals alternate between singles and doubles, whereas the quarterfinals played the doubles first. So there may be a pattern that suggests the finals opening with the two doubles matches.
  • HS/MS pairs: So far, Japan has emphasized doubles combinations that pair a high schooler with a middle schooler. The seven players above include only two high schoolers, so for the pattern to persist, both Irie and Tokugawa have to play doubles or there has to be another high schooler, i.e. an eighth person, in the line-up.
  • Birthdays: For those who don't know or remember the theory, so far the Finals Tournament matches have tracked fairly well with the birthdays of the characters that played in each match. Significant outliers are Mouri and Kirihara, but in the case of everyone else, the character's match was going on within a month of their birthday. This isn't too helpful for long-term predictions, but it might provide a hint for who is more or less likely to play the first match.

The series resumes in March and we'll probably have a few setup chapters, something like one month to introduce Spain and one month for some off-court competition. This way, the first match of the finals would start in May. Given that most matches have taken four to six months so far, it may be less likely for Fuji (Feb 29) or Irie (Dec 07) to feature in the opener.
Another point to consider in some lines is the switch rule. We saw it a few times in the group league, but it hasn't been used in the Finals Tournament so far. This might mean the rule isn't in effect anymore, but it could also be used to shift Ryoma vs Ryoga from S2 to S1 or something along those lines, for example if both of them are missing by the time the match is supposed to start.

Here's one idea that complies with everything from above:
  • D2 Tokugawa/Kite
  • D1 Irie/Fuji
  • S3 Kintarou
  • S2 Atobe
  • S1 Ryoma
Or, alternatively, if we insist on Tokugawa vs Medanore being a singles match:
  • D2 Ohmagari/Kite
  • D1 Irie/Fuji
  • S3 Kintarou
  • S2 Atobe
  • S1 Tokugawa
  • RS Ryoma
The existence of Nanjiro in Australia makes it very likely for Ryoma and Ryoga to be both missing. (Or at least 1 of them)

yes, I would like to insist Tougawa Vs Medanore to be a Singles Match. It is like the Protagonist HS VS the Final Boss Hser ( barring Ryoga fr Ryoma)

As for others, I would really like Fuji to have a singles match instead of Atobe. IDK, "game of the future" made me less excited about atobe in singles.
And maybe I am just Curious on Fuji especially Byodoin used his Higuma Otoshi. They may have some connection in camp.

Kintarou is exciting too. As far as I know he is the only japanese MSer who beat a Hser in singles at the world cup on screen. (If I am not mistaken)
and he was hyped as " He have more potential than Ryoma"

Irie was and always is mysterious. We all know Irie didnt play seriously against atobe, and in the pre world cup. But I think he still managed to convince us that he is in the leave of top 5 in genius 10 at least.

Lmao. Well, I think if Konomi will introduce spain players, we may have more clues and ideas

Last edited:

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I would like to see Duke take part and finally him going at 100% that he never did against Camus.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Haven't been here for ages!

Anyway, I do agree with Tokugawa vs Medanore at singles 1. Tokugawa desperately needs to win. The last time he won was against Ryoma in an unofficial match right at the beginning of the series.

I think Atobe/Irie will play doubles again. Irie will troll but they will end up winning. As for Ryoma vs Ryoga, I think that will be a post-tournament match, Just guessing. Ryoga is Ryoma's final boss match. It would make sense for it the final match of the series.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Haven't been here for ages!

Anyway, I do agree with Tokugawa vs Medanore at singles 1. Tokugawa desperately needs to win. The last time he won was against Ryoma in an unofficial match right at the beginning of the series.

I think Atobe/Irie will play doubles again. Irie will troll but they will end up winning. As for Ryoma vs Ryoga, I think that will be a post-tournament match, Just guessing. Ryoga is Ryoma's final boss match. It would make sense for it the final match of the series.
Hey Chinky!! Glad you’re here again 😊

I think Ryoma and Ryoga will be the final tournament match. As for Ryoma’s final match of the series, I think it’ll be against Byodouin for the No.1 spot, so the latter fulfils his promise of playing Ryoma after the tournament.

Irie/Atobe is very likely to happen, but if Konomi decides to make another pair or even put Atobe in singles, we could get Irie/Fuji instead or Atobe/Kite. Knowing Konomi, I’m leaning more towards the latter scenario.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank LetalHawk :D

Regarding Atobe, I do not see him winning in singles against Spain. They are the final team opponent. If Atobe were to win, it'll be in doubles. The only singles I see winning are singles 2 and 1. Lose singles 3 and one of the doubles matches.

While Kite would be a good doubles players, he too desperately needs a win too. As far as I remember, he has not won any notable matches. I guess Kite/Atobe would be a win-win doubles that can win for both.

Regarding Ryoma vs Byoodin, I would expect Ryoma to give Byoodin time to recover so it would be a fair match.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hey Chinky!! Glad you’re here again 😊

I think Ryoma and Ryoga will be the final tournament match. As for Ryoma’s final match of the series, I think it’ll be against Byodouin for the No.1 spot, so the latter fulfils his promise of playing Ryoma after the tournament.

Irie/Atobe is very likely to happen, but if Konomi decides to make another pair or even put Atobe in singles, we could get Irie/Fuji instead or Atobe/Kite. Knowing Konomi, I’m leaning more towards the latter scenario.
LMAO.

Ryoma who cannot even win against top tier US HSERS during his time with them. (Kiko, Dodo, Alan, Ralph) And almost lost to Mser Ludovic.

Suddenly, Will Beat Ryoga and Byodoin for his next 2 matches.😈😈😈

But yes, It is true. It will happen. He is the main character still.

Ryoma always lose in unofficial matches, before going insane powerup in the middle of an official game. Hell, Ryoma can probably beat Nanjiro in an official match. Lmao.

Jokes aside, Ryoma is really a talented player, who like Fuji, can evolve in a middle of a match. And Yes, he is an Echizen too.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ Now that you mention it, I will change my predictions. Ryoga will be Ryoma's final tournament match. Nanjiro will be Ryoma's final match of the series. He will learn something from Ryoga to finally win against his father with the Echizen family watching.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
^ Now that you mention it, I will change my predictions. Ryoga will be Ryoma's final tournament match. Nanjiro will be Ryoma's final match of the series. He will learn something from Ryoga to finally win against his father with the Echizen family watching.
I mean, Ryoga might steal Nanjirou's tennis, essentially making us have "Ryoma vs Nanji" in the finals regardless.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Remember when Nanjiro said that Ryoma VS Sanada ( Muga Vs Fire/Forest/Wind)

He said that it was just "child play" (Not sure if in anime or manga)

Now, we can see it is really child play.😂😂😂

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ok. Final Predictions before the order revelation

D2: Ohmagari/Fuji
D1: Irie/Atobe
S3: Kintarou
S2: Ryoma
S1: Tokugawa

PS: Yes,I insist on Wanting to see Ohmagari Play a Major Match. Literally the Only Genius 10 who show very little.(Irie is technically not G10 though I believe he is that level)

I have a change of heart seeing the tweets by Konomi. so this will be my updayed prediction:

D2: Atobe/?
D1: Shiraishi/Kite
S2: Ryoma
S1: Tokugawa

Final Spot will be between (Ohmagari, Irie, and Fuji). I am leaning towards Fuji

Noel_Jr

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's gonna be all middle schooler with the exception of Tokogawa as he will lead them to championship.

My line up is like this.
S3 : Tokogawa
D2 : Kite/Shiraishi
S2 : Kintaro
D1 : Atobe/Fuji
S1 : Ryoma

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's gonna be all middle schooler with the exception of Tokogawa as he will lead them to championship.

My line up is like this.
S3 : Tokogawa
D2 : Kite/Shiraishi
S2 : Kintaro
D1 : Atobe/Fuji
S1 : Ryoma
Yes. Singles is 99% sure.

Doubles. Kite, Shiraishi, Atobe, Fuji. All Combination of the 4 in doubles are possible.

PS: If ever it will really all MS + Tokugawa.
But I really want to see Irie and Ohmagari play