Discussion - Final Villian In HxH | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Final Villian In HxH

llazy77

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who do you think will be the final villan hisoka, neteros son or someone else from the dark continent and how powerful will they be and will gon have to master his new transformation to beat them?

Netero

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably Gyro. The "king's" currently rebuilding his empire somewhere. :hip

huntersq

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Kurapika

Granted I have no idea what happened in the recent Hunter movie, but him turning into the big bad would be a good reveal and explains his disappearance, underground dealings, etc.

His last surviving clan background, smarts, red eye powers, relationship with Gon and others would make for a really good big bad at the end.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Problem with Kurapica is that his hatsu is unusable against anything that aren't the Spiders. I guess having 100% potential is pretty swell but we're talking about potential, not actual output. So coupled with the short activation time of Emperor Time and associated problems/fatigue, it's likely that due to limited training time, his Reinforcement, while trainable to max potential, is nothing like a dedicated Enhancer's (except against the Spiders, but i attribute that to his hate; plot device, etc.) So his only real weapon is judgment chain but he's not chain jailing anyone anytime soon. In other words, he would make an OK villain at best.

We probably won't be seeing any recurring villains anytime soon. Most of them are either too weak or too likeable. I think an effective Villain must also be a somewhat distant one. Yet we've seen the world through the eyes of Hisoka, Illumi (to an extent), the Spiders...can you imagine any of these guys suddenly becoming the end boss again? It would definitely take some maneuvering to make it work.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Kurapika will have a new Hatsu later and among all the characters Kurapika is the man who could never be a villain IMO,he likes his friends too much and because of his tragic childhood he really despises injustice.Also he has a certain code of honor.

I guess Gyro will be the final villain.
Hisoka can't be a final villain,he has no real ambitions,but he could be Illumi's ally.
Illumi could be the final villain too,he seems to plan something with Alluka,and there is still what Silva said about Killua in the Zoldyck arc.I think Alluka is the key person who could turn Killua into a villain.

And there is also Gon,I want to see his foreshadowed encounter with Gyro...

zzigg

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
the last villain will be someone who you will never expect:mono

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gon will turn evil and be final villain for World Tree to fight

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Honestly I don't who might be called a final fillain in HXH, but I admit that Gyro would be interesting as one. :D

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking Gyro.

I'm thinking Hisoka for Gon (and possibly Killua's) final story villain. But I don't foresee Hisoka going out in a big battle against Gon or that (nor would I wish for it).
Illumi is likely Killua's final story villain
Kurapika has the spiders for his.

I'm thinking Tonpa for Leorio.

But I think Gyro is going to be the major story villain.

Overall, the amazing thing with Togashi stories is that you have a lot of grey characters. It's hard to tell who's a "villain or not". I don't really consider Hisoka a villain even. He goes around and does as he pleases, without regards to morals or that.

ZonikStrike

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I'd go with Gyro. Gon and Hisoka can have an epilogue fight all they want.
Gon going dark is also a good option.
Ging could also make a great Grand Puppeteer.
Either way, the big bad starts with G :^_^ Even though G should mean Good.

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Discontinued in 20~25 years after Togashi's death. Still at that time without a glimpse of what would be the story's conclusion.

TheAmericandream

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking Gyro.

I'm thinking Hisoka for Gon (and possibly Killua's) final story villain. But I don't foresee Hisoka going out in a big battle against Gon or that (nor would I wish for it).
Illumi is likely Killua's final story villain
Kurapika has the spiders for his.
I'm thinking Tonpa for Leorio.
But I think Gyro is going to be the major story villain.
OMG..."Tonpa vs Leorio" I stopped there. Not trolling if Togashi brings Tonpa back for something serious that'd be pretty amazing. Tonpa was a doctor the whole time, but he's a crappy troll doctor who diagnoses wrong medicine to mess with people. Leorio isn't having any of this, they have a final showdown. Oh and somewhere along the way Tonpa picked up Nen so this would actually be interesting.

apainlessend

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's just it though...we can't assume there WILL be a final villian....
He is doing almost everything opposite of standard shonen aside from the power ups.
There was no climactic battle between GON and the KING.
Gon met his father.
And with the exception of KITE...mofos die..constantly...

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there needs to be a final villain in order to tie HxH's various plot threads into a satisfying conclusion. So far, almost all of Togashi's story arcs have ended anticlimactically. It's a consistent theme in the series that sets his work apart from other shonen works, but I don't want to see it continue all the way to the end. There needs to be some kind of epic conclusion that gives us some degree of closure concerning Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio's stories. I can't see how this could be done without a final big bad.

heron bpv

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yup, I was madly wrong. Have my thanks for the tip. :D
And oooooooh, the awesomeness... the episode delivery the intensity of this fight. It does make you feel the madness inside Gensuru, and worse yet, inside Gon!

Someday, Über Gon is gonna be the main villain of this series, disputing with Kurapika for rule over the (under?)world. And having Killua going nuts and killings stuff all over the place for his amusement, Hisoka style. Just so the only real good guy of the team, Leorio, can beat some sense into these silly boys. :D
You saw it here first! ::mono
Out from the last anime discussion (the one before the current thread). Page 125.
Just a quick reminder! xD

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It could either be kuroro with or without his ryodan, and Zaoldyeck(but i think this one would be more of an arc, when gon and killua would be either forced to be pitted on each other or try to escape/fight zaoldyeck) Silva has plans for killua.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think there's going to be one because whoever it turns out to be, it'd turn out to be much weaker than Meryem and not really much of a challenge overall.