First clean.

Kaizer65

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
It took me a few hours to clean this, but since I'm quite unexperienced in the cleaning department I want to ask how this looks.



As you can see I fucked up the borders and don't know how to clean the background. Other than that, I think it looks quite decent.

Tips are welcome and appreciated.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It looks nice and from my p.o.v, it's quite passable for MQ. You only need to fix the down-right border of the last panel. The original border's slanted, is it? Well, I'm no expert, but here's a little tip. Just activate the grid, then skew the bottom-right part of the page with the grid as guidance as to see if it's straight enough, then you can start redrawing the border. For best result, do this before you clean the page. Oh, and the gray tone on the face looks nice but you lost many details.

I thinks that's about all I can make of it. Here's a good website with many Edited Manga guides (click).
 

Kaizer65

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your comment, but sadly I don't have the PSD of it anymore.

Anyway, here's a new one that I tried to clean. I think it looks pretty decent for my second try.

 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Good. Looks really good. :thumbs
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Thanks for your comment, but sadly I don't have the PSD of it anymore.

Anyway, here's a new one that I tried to clean. I think it looks pretty decent for my second try.

U've definitely overleveled the blacks, making the page look a lot darker than it should have been. Notice the shadows on the old man's robe.
The page is just too dark, to be called a good clean.

It took me a few hours to clean this, but since I'm quite unexperienced in the cleaning department I want to ask how this looks.



As you can see I fucked up the borders and don't know how to clean the background. Other than that, I think it looks quite decent.

Tips are welcome and appreciated.
Very well done, could have spent a little more time with redoing the gray sky. Cause if u're gonna make one panel HQ, u'll have to do the same to all of them, otherwise it will look odd. Plus when re-doing the grays, don't leave out the details .
The borders need a little more attention as well.
 
Last edited:

phat43va

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey you got potential. Compare what you see in yours to mine. If you want someone to tutor you, come to irchighway @ #kna. Also join our staff! We could use some help on our projects. We have materials and knowledge to help you become good cleaner. Message me if you got any questions. :D
 
Last edited:

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
no offense phat43va, but his version looks better :S
 

phat43va

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
are you serious? Are you comparing his raw or his work? 'cause the raw awesome without much work needed.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Pretty sure that raw is a tank raw... that's why it's "awesome"
 

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
1. I'm serious
2. comparing the work, they both need improvement though
3. haven't seen the raw
 
Top