first scanning attempt -- questions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

first scanning attempt -- questions

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
i had a a vol of peace maker kurogane for double and thought 'y not try scanning it?'
after resizing it, (and slight using of the curves), this is what came out...

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7196/ch22p00125zk.png [~1500x2200]

the scan itself seems to have become HQ [at least imho]
//two little comments: this is a scan of the german translation of peacemakerkurogane by tokyopop and they screwed up the rotation in the release, so the missing drawing is already like that in the manga itself.

but i have a little question...

i used the microwave method, but overdid it [1min, 450Watt(dunno english word)] so the pages got burned :/
which 'setup' would you recommend? [just in case: i don't have a iron at home, microwave and oven would be the too only methods]

i would be happy about help, because even if it is just a second copy of the manga, it still costs money... and of that i have constantly too little >.<

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont know about the microwave method seeing as i use the iron method (you seriously dont have an iron? don't you need to iron clothes at all?) here is a place with some guides: http://www.manganews.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

I see that you probably scanned at 600 dpi which is good. I dont see anything wrong other than the fact that you didnt rotate it (despite the fact that it was a tokyopop mistake)

delete

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I microwave mine for about 20 seconds, but I'm guessing it also depends on what kind of microwave you have or something? *shrugs*

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
NeoShweaty said:
I dont know about the microwave method seeing as i use the iron method (you seriously dont have an iron? don't you need to iron clothes at all?) here is a place with some guides: http://www.manganews.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

I see that you probably scanned at 600 dpi which is good. I dont see anything wrong other than the fact that you didnt rotate it (despite the fact that it was a tokyopop mistake)
for the iron: sry, thought about another iron.... not that kinda iron... (but still i don't need to iron them >>> it all depends on how you can dry them ;) )
and yeah it is scanned at 600dpi, and i didn't rotate it since i won't really use it (i just used the accidently double bought

delete said:
I microwave mine for about 20 seconds, but I'm guessing it also depends on what kind of microwave you have or something? *shrugs*
it depends on how much power you have the microwave on >.< the powerunits are standard and so it doesn't really depend on what kind of microwave you have >.<

delete

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
ttxdragon said:
it depends on how much power you have the microwave on >.< the powerunits are standard and so it doesn't really depend on what kind of microwave you have >.<
Oh, OK. LOL. I just assumed that it matters, 'cause the old microwave we had took like 5 mins to heat water, but now w/ a new one it only takes 1.5 mins. Ok, WTH, you didn't need to know that haha. Try 20-30 seconds then. Just don't blame me if that doesn't work =P

mtofu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
i'm confused... what do you need an iron or microwave for? i thought you just put the page in the scanner and pressed the scan button.

though i've always wondered if you guys rip the pages out or if you just crease the spines.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
You need an iron or a microwave to debind the manga, which is removing the pages of the manga while the glue is still hot so you dont have to rip them out.

mtofu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
so, you iron the spin of the book to melt the glue? this will work for the weekly as well as the tanks?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, you melt the glue at the binding of the manga.
maybe, i havent tried on weekly jumps. It should be the same thing.