Appealing title? Well, welcome traveler to the thread of the flat chested vs big breasts discussion in the anime/manga world. So, here is the deal, it's a common discussion once someone stirs it up, but it gets forgotten a lot. Flat chested anime girls are part of the whole culture around anime, but an even bigger stereotype is the big breasted, fan-service type female presented in anime/manga series.
I wanted to know what is everyone's opinion on this, which ones do you prefer, and can you post pictures on why you find them more appealing? For example Maka Albarn of Soul Eater might not be the most busty woman out there, but there is a certain kind of appeal to her, she is flat chested, and really I tend to focus more on her face, personality and such when reading that manga, it's even more stressed in the anime with her wonderful voice actor that captures her personality pretty well. So yeah flat chested girls are MYSTIFIED for me, that is why I tend to really want to know more about such characters.
I wanted to know what is everyone's opinion on this, which ones do you prefer, and can you post pictures on why you find them more appealing? For example Maka Albarn of Soul Eater might not be the most busty woman out there, but there is a certain kind of appeal to her, she is flat chested, and really I tend to focus more on her face, personality and such when reading that manga, it's even more stressed in the anime with her wonderful voice actor that captures her personality pretty well. So yeah flat chested girls are MYSTIFIED for me, that is why I tend to really want to know more about such characters.
Masumi Sera from Detective Conan is a character who is seen by herself and others as being flat-chested, but she fits the latter category and is a tomboy. It's strange how there aren't many sexy characters who are flat-chested- then again society as a whole deems larger breasts as being more appealing over all.


If we're talking about the really busty ones, than I agree. When characters have really large breasts then the emphasis usually lies there. There are countless characters who have "big" breasts though and have an interesting personality.
)
Don't really get why they're reduced to that but I guess that's the image most people have in mind :/
