Discussion - Floor Ruler mechanics [theory] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Floor Ruler mechanics [theory]

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So Far we know Very little about Floor Rulers except Evankhell was one. Here's a few thoughts I believe to apply. I think these explain a lot If confirmed. My source is simply deduction.

Floor Rulers cannot kill other Floor Rulers:
This is an extension of "killing a FR makes you take his place" and "you can only be a FR of one Floor at a time". If these hold true, Admins won't allow infights between people who already rule a Floor. Otherwise Jahad and 10 FHs could simply wipe all opposition from any floors and replace them with allies. Admins respect Power, they Will acknowledge the person that kills the former ruler as a New ruler, they won't have a lower grade imposed on them out of vanity. Their law is to be upholded. And they Won't likely get their FR removed without another rising to its place.

Therefore, if one gets to rule a Floor, they become imune to other Floor Rulers and If FHs own floors (and they do), owning a Floor is a reason why the Tower's irregulars don't mess with some rankers they could have easily killed. Luslec might be Very strong, but If one cannot kill FHs, they can still benefit from the Admin ban on being killed by them too If you own a Floor. This particular notion would explain why Adori and Luslec rank among FHs despite not being imortals themselves. It would explain why losing FR status lowered Evankhell's rank along: she became vulnerable to more people than before, and specially, stronger people.

People Active within the army likely have the Power to but do not put It into use for getting a Floor. Otherwise they would be limited to whom they could Fight among powerful people. Mascheny is the kind to not have a Floor Ruler status Just to be free.

And this would explain why some powerful people are sealed/exiled rather than killed: the ones with Power to do so are also handcuffed for being FRs too. Jahad being a FR can't kill you If you are a FR, thus he can't kill Enne. She isn't imortal, but the Admins require that Jahad never do It. Jahad can't take on an Admin, no matter How hard he tries, so he Will do all to comply.

This would also explain why Urek got a Floor for Baek, for safekeeping him, since he himself is perfectly safe through his Power alone.

And It would explain why ranks on top are somewhat static, or like Evankhell said, requires that one kills another existing member of top 300 to take its place. People within these ranks likely on a huge proportion are FRs that can't fight each other, or won't do so due to affinity to FUG or Noble Families, or know they are unable tô Win, thus people remain on same positions unless an extraordinary event takes place. If they are chosen by the Tower, such as Evan, there might be rules that safeguard him too from FRs, by same reasoning: the collective Will of the Admins.

EDIT: Urek did get a Floor and pass It to Baek Ryun. However, Baek can be killed If he isn't strong enough. Urek's gift could have been reverted back to Arie family. If It didn't, its because Baek is strong enough.

Last edited:

Echizen_Akira

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
While I agree that Floor rulers can't kill each other, I don't think this rule would apply to Jahad. So long as he provided a replacement ruler the guardian approved of.

As for the mentions of Luslec, are you implying he's a floor ruler? Is this fast pass info? Because if not, the wiki says there are only 2 floors not ruled by Jahad and co and they are Baek's and formerly Evankhell's. So Luslec's rank and survival wouldn't be due to being a FR.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
While I agree that Floor rulers can't kill each other, I don't think this rule would apply to Jahad. So long as he provided a replacement ruler the guardian approved of.

As for the mentions of Luslec, are you implying he's a floor ruler? Is this fast pass info? Because if not, the wiki says there are only 2 floors not ruled by Jahad and co and they are Baek's and formerly Evankhell's. So Luslec's rank and survival wouldn't be due to being a FR.
We have hard info on this not being the case, we got at least 4 floors not rules by Jahad so Far: 1F, 2F, 43F and 77F. The Wiki prolly counts the non Jahadian FRs we know so Far, but Jahad doesn't Control a few others either. Augusgus being the Director of 21F could mean that floor ruler isn't alligned to Jahad either. Really doubt that info's accuracy. And If based on a blog post, It might bê a translation error.

LushuMine

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So Far we know Very little about Floor Rulers except Evankhell was one. Here's a few thoughts I believe to apply. I think these explain a lot If confirmed. My source is simply deduction.

This is an extension of "killing a FR makes you take his place" and "you can only be a FR of one Floor at a time". If these hold true, Admins won't allow infights between people who already rule a Floor. Otherwise Jahad and 10 FHs could simply wipe all opposition from any floors and replace them with allies. Admins respect Power, they Will acknowledge the person that kills the former ruler as a New ruler, they won't have a lower grade imposed on them out of vanity. Their law is to be upholded. And they Won't likely get their FR removed without another rising to its place.
All Floors are already from Zahard Empire and the 10 families, they don't need to wipe any floor to raplce the FR with allies. There are only 4 floors that are not from ZA: First Floor and Floor of Death, where is no rulers; 2nd Floor, where EVK has killed the previous ruler; 77th Floor, where Urek conquered it from Arie Hon and passed to Baek. So I personaly don't think there had any "fight your way in" to own a floore or to be a floor ruler, the tower was sliced between ZA and the 10FH, and has belonged to then since then.

About he Admins/Guardians recognizing a new flo0r ruler or allowing fights, IMO it has to due with the "political" view of each Guardian. The Guardian of Last Station clearly was pro-ZA, they even allowed Rankers to mess with Regular, while the Guardian of the Second Floor was clearly anti-ZA sending EVK to help Baam&co on that fight. We also know that probably each FR has an special contract with the Guardian, I say this because YHS, who was a substitute ruler, had a special contract to shinsho resistance in all floors.

Therefore, if one gets to rule a Floor, they become imune to other Floor Rulers and If FHs own floors (and they do), owning a Floor is a reason why the Tower's irregulars don't mess with some rankers they could have easily killed. Luslec might be Very strong, but If one cannot kill FHs, they can still benefit from the Admin ban on being killed by them too If you own a Floor. This particular notion would explain why Adori and Luslec rank among FHs despite not being imortals themselves. It would explain why losing FR status lowered Evankhell's rank along: she became vulnerable to more people than before, and specially, stronger people.
I agree as I said about different contracts. But I don't think EVK got lower rank just because she lost a random floor. Her scenario for me is very unique, she is the only person known by stolen one floor from Zahard Empire, even Urek hasn't done this, he got a floor as a gift from one of the FH. She killed a family member/Zahard Empire member, and simply got one of the most important floors to herself (the entrance of regulars in the tower). It was a fu***** political move never seen before in history. Loosing that political spot/movement is way more special than only loosing a floor: there are another 131 floor rulers, and maybe/very likely had more than that number is history, but during all the Tower story, we only two people who stole a floor from Zahard: EVK and Enryuu (in different ways, of course).

People Active within the army likely have the Power to but do not put It into use for getting a Floor. Otherwise they would be limited to whom they could Fight among powerful people. Mascheny is the kind to not have a Floor Ruler status Just to be free.

And this would explain why some powerful people are sealed/exiled rather than killed: the ones with Power to do so are also handcuffed for being FRs too. Jahad being a FR can't kill you If you are a FR, thus he can't kill Enne. She isn't imortal, but the Admins require that Jahad never do It. Jahad can't take on an Admin, no matter How hard he tries, so he Will do all to comply.

This would also explain why Urek got a Floor for Baek, for safekeeping him, since he himself is perfectly safe through his Power alone.
I don't remember a part of the Story, so I will show to you, and see if you can get the conections to remember it better.

Back then, in the Last Station Arc, some peolpe from ZA was sent to the Second Floor, when EVK was still the ruler of the floor, did they think they could killed her? Because if they thought that, the FR can be killed or it's a contract HR and other folks just don't know.

And It would explain why ranks on top are somewhat static, or like Evankhell said, requires that one kills another existing member of top 300 to take its place. People within these ranks likely on a huge proportion are FRs that can't fight each other, or won't do so due to affinity to FUG or Noble Families, or know they are unable tô Win, thus people remain on same positions unless an extraordinary event takes place. If they are chosen by the Tower, such as Evan, there might be rules that safeguard him too from FRs, by same reasoning: the collective Will of the Admins.

EDIT: Urek did get a Floor and pass It to Baek Ryun. However, Baek can be killed If he isn't strong enough. Urek's gift could have been reverted back to Arie family. If It didn't, its because Baek is strong enough.
About the Ranking, the HR probably don't fight each other for other two reasons we already know: the mostly strong people are from the 10 Families or Zahard Empire, so they are kind of allies, it would be dumb allies killing each other freely, and I suppose to kill a FR, a Family Member, a Zahard Empire member would have consequences to everyone: like the LoPoBia Head getting pissed of because the Hidden Garden killed his son. It's not a smart action killing people with strong back support.

The second reason is that Guardians intervene in big battles who would mess with their floor. EVK said she is not allowed to realease her full power without a Guardian get into the fight.

And we also have to think about time.What means to be static in a time period of over 5.000 years BB (the age of the Ranking Adm Office, and what means BB?). In a human life, like us, something over 50years being the same is static. But at the same time if it is away too static, does it mean that so many people from Genesis still active now on? It seems something quite unusual people from Genisis being that active now on to stay on in the rankings, or at least to keep it updated.

Last edited:

Dutchy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grand de Jah and Grand de Sah were both FR of Floor of Death and Evankhel was able to deputize Yu Han Sung, so Guardians are not so strict.

Enryu has shown that Guardians are not absolute and by extension neither are FR. If an irregular wanted to kill a FR, there's nothing anyone outside of 10 GF could do about it.

If there is a "one floor only" policy, it would only make sense if it was a rule imposed by Three Lords or a condition of Jahad's King Contract with the Guardians.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who cares about floor rulers? /s

Anyone want to speculate as to the likelihood the FR will show, presumably a LPB, considering EVK and/or Khell is likely to go all out and

Or do you think the FR is already in/with the Z forces waiting? That would be a little less exciting for me, but everyone seems to already think the snakecharming LPB 8th DD is the FR. I'd rather they just have been notified (it seems as if Elliot surprised the 4th at the last station, so maybe a head's up this time?) and be forced to show separately from the goings on.

They are loyal to Zahard BUT report to the admin. So dual loyalty of sorts. If an ancient got out, they'd have to be forced to move sooner than later.... All I can say without spoilers for recent events.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Good theory on floor rulers being unable to kill one another. Though I am more of the idea that they could in theory kill one another but it is a kinda pointless endeavor as its unlikely someone can rule two floors at the same time. I am also not much of a fan of the idea that pretty much 13% of high rankers can't even fight one another. And if we assume that all floor rulers are within the top 300 then its basically over a third of the top 300 that can't kill each other. I suppose there could be shenanigans that require floor rulers to ask for permission to their boss to fight other floor rulers and a fight can only happen if both agree.

hblock

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
When Eliot attacked Evankhell, he didn't mention anything regarding a FR's unability to attack and kill another FR, so this point of OP's theory doesn't really stand.
I'd rather argue that those who are already FRs can't rule more than one floor no matter how much FRs they kill. It makes more sens for me, admins are the utmost authority in their floor and they can chose and fire whoever they want whenever they want.
Also, I think it was mentionned somewhere, but the tower is in peace right now because there is some kind of balance (I know Baam, the seed of chaos is fueling it again and it starts taking form but still). If a FR goes berserk and attack many other FRs one after another and kills them, it's not like the rest of FRs, FHs and so on would stand still. Multiple incidents of this calibre are certain to cause a massive chaos, many alliances of powerhouses would take form and eventually even start a big/massive war that could potentially lead this berserk FR and all his possessions/persons who matter to him into destruction.
So, in summary, it's not like a FR can just start a war on whim, many things are to take into consideration and as noted by SIU, fights between HRs (let alone super HRs) is a rare occasion.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When Eliot attacked Evankhell, he didn't mention anything regarding a FR's unability to attack and kill another FR, so this point of OP's theory doesn't really stand.
I'd rather argue that those who kill a FR and are already FR themselves won't rule the floor of the one they killed as opposed to someone who wasn't FR. It makes more sens for me.
Also, I think it was mentionned somewhere, but the tower is in peace right now because there is some kind of balance (I know Baam, the seed of chaos is fueling it again and it starts taking form). If a FR goes berserk and attack many other FRs one after another and kills them, it's not like the rest of FRs, FHs and so on would stand still. Multiple incidents of this calibre are certain to cause a massive chaos, many alliances of powerhouses would take form and eventually even start a big/massive war that could potentially lead this berserk FR and all his possessions/persons who matter to him into destruction.
It's not like a FR can easily just start a war against another FR on whim, many things are to take into consideration and as noted by SIU, fights between HRs (let alone super HRs) is a rare occasion.
Evankhel wasn't a floor ruler by then. He was fired moments earlier by the second floor admin.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Evankhel wasn't a floor ruler by then. He was fired moments earlier by the second floor admin.
Because she was just fired, there is no way Eliot would know Evan' was dismissed from her position.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Because she was just fired, there is no way Eliot would know Evan' was dismissed from her position.
True, but if eliot isn't allowed to fight her then he wouldn't be able to, shenanigans would follow. No prohibition was evidenced.

Dutchy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rulers are part of a council currently overseen by Molic One. It is plausible that Eliot already knew. If nothing else the ranking office seemed to know and they're the main rumour mill.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The rulers are part of a council currently overseen by Molic One. It is plausible that Eliot already knew. If nothing else the ranking office seemed to know and they're the main rumour mill.
The fight between eliot and evankhel happened immediately after evankhel got fired. Meanwhile the confirmation that evankhel got kicked off the top 100 happened years later, relatively recently.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
When Eliot intercepted Evan', he said something like why the 2nd floor ruler is causing havoc inside his floor. So, definitively, he didn't knew. And generally, FRs aren't relevant/strong enough to know this kind of information almost instanteneously outside few exceptions (maybe someone who FH level, definitively not an average FR).

Dutchy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an extension of "killing a FR makes you take his place" and "you can only be a FR of one Floor at a time". If these hold true, Admins won't allow infights between people who already rule a Floor. Otherwise Jahad and 10 FHs could simply wipe all opposition from any floors and replace them with allies.
Arie Hon owns several floors, so there is no 'only rule one floor' rule.

In regards to EVK, we know the previous FR was selected by Jahad and that in killing the previous FR, EVK had been issued a summons. If anything, it was because EVK was disobeying Jahad that they were fired.

FR are selected by Jahad as it's clear Guardians will accept who else is strongest provided they keep the peace, so basically politics.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This opens up the question - how does this work with the FHs?

Arie Hon owns several floors, yes, but he appears to be the FR on only one (a relationship directly with the admin of that floor).

Does that mean Khun Eduan owns the final station floor that Elliot works on? As in, it is a Khun floor, but the POSITION is held by Elliot (this is clear) while the floor is considered a 'Khun' floor (implying ultimately it is owned by Eduan).

We know most FR's are positions held by sons and daughters of the family heads.

Lombert

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't think that fr can't kill other fr.They can, but battles between hr are very very rare( unlike small rankers). There must be strong hate to fight untill death.Plus,don't forget,they all have strong allies/families/fractions.So,it was time with peace and harmony.But all of them have some disputes, desires and ambitions.Some families has opponents (like Khoon vs Ha).Some families have inner disagreements.All of them somehow got along but now there is somethnig like seed of chaos.Baam will trigger uncontrolled domino effect.Now,they are fighting vs Zahard's army.All tower think that they are invincible.But,loosing will trigger chain of events.And i don't think that it will be somethnig easy like Zahard's empire and allies VS Baam,FUG and allies.No,it will be deeper.Chaos and war beetwen many many allies.And Urek will fight too.Perhaps agaist Zahard too,if he knows about key.
I think,Baam's sobriquet will be somethink like *god of destruction*

Xeroxed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I disagree with most of these theories. I just assume that a floor ruler gets a special contract that makes him super powerful as long as he is located on the floor that he rules, but does nothing outside of that floor. This would explain why floor rulers dont fight. If one floor ruler challenged another on his home turf then the guest would be at a terrible disadvantage. Thus floor rulers rarely leave their floors.

Would also explain why Evankell lost so many ranks. Her rank 60 was predisposed on her being the floor ruler of floor 2 and also located there for the fight. Now without it she is not even counted among the double digits.

To be fair I think that most people who have been named to be top 100 are really among 100-199. This is because SIU needs to retcon the ranks so that there can be even stronger challenges for Baam in the future. If someone like Kallavan really is, say, rank 70 then there is nowhere to go upwards other than family heads and their standins.

But if he is rank 130, then we could fight the true elite rankers on floor 70-80.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon

I'd rather assert that 131 floors being owned by Zahard and 10 family by no way exclude Fug!!! We all know that fug is like a religion and many 10 F members belong to it. If let's say Jinsung owned a floor, would it therefore belong to the Zahard empire or to Luslec?!? In that light, Fug undoubtedly owns a number of floors through the 10 F members belonging to it e.g Augugus (Gusgus?)

Another point is that Zahard's army as well as Fug seem to have green cards to wreck havoc in almost any floor:

FUG
Koon A.A was shocked the guardian didn't intervene in the namehunt station to stop Karaka; Khell Hellam was freely releasing his power while Evankhell was concerned about the guardian; White (who gave creeps to Evankhell) now feels he can go all out against Kallavan; Yama never bothers about guardians when transforming; Sofia said Luslec couldn't participate in the current battle not because of a guardian but due to possible FH intervening... FUG as a whole has always been seen (Hell Train, Workshop...) to be generally carefree about guardians; Headon and 2nd Floor guardian have even been shown directly supporting them.

Zahard's army
they too, just like Fug are generally shown to have a green pass to release monstrous amounts of power and kill just anyone: ranker or regulars.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The floor ruler mechanic therefore seems to work like all what we saw with Kaiser in the Name Hunt Station (in the end, wasn't Kaiser a full time FR? Koon was shocked that a child could occupy such a position with the help of her family):
- FR can't be challenged recklessly unless they challenged first ( It's Elliot who appeared to fight Evankhell and not the reverse
- Floor rulers are open to challenges for their positions, but it seems they must officially accept the challenge
- Floor rulers can however be attacked by Zahard's forces if need be, without any prior notice (as it happened with Evankhell)
- If a floor ruler is attacked by a member of FUG, the guardian may not appear to help ( could that be the reason For which Kaiser almost panicked to learn that Baam was from Fug whereas she didn't remember harming Fug in any way ?!?)
- anyone who defeats a floor ruler steals the Name "Floor Ruler" from him/her.
- irregulars may be totally free to attack any FR (is that why Garam feels Urek can challenge Zahard without any fear; assuming Zahard is a FR?)
- FR can make appointments on their floors as they wish, to compensate loyalty and commitment (as Kaiser, Evankhell did)
-If irregulars can recklessly challenge any FR, then they alone can get to own several floors at the same time (Arie HON) but freely appoint anyone else to rule in their place (Urek with Baek) such that the appointed ruler enjoys the protection of the guardian, while the real owners reserve the ownership of the floor and the right to fire the substitute FR; as such, such floors are referred to as : THE FLOOR BELONGING TO X BUT RULED BY Y

Last edited: