Freedom is a beautiful Thing

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Yeah with Taichi's Pen spinning and the awkward silence between them i felt like things were about to get gloomy and sad but surprisingly it took a turn for the better. I was also a bit surprised by why Taichi gave up his Dream of running a Toy Store to be honest,he always gave a shy vibe but i never took him for the kind of guy that would let his future be influenced by it. I mean things could change at some point,especially since he has a Girlfriend now and all.
Yeah, I thought the author was going to make Tachi's and Futaba's relationship more childish or just to be some kind of phase where they find out they don't like each other or stuff. But after Tachi revealed all this and talked about himself, and the chapter turning into a kinda more optimistic light I think Futaba will help him on loving himself some more and maybe he can grow more as a person with her.

I'm really shipping them at this point, I pray they last :emobirb
I wonder if his Brother actually knows what happened in School and why Touma isn't attending class at the moment? He just called him "Bad Boy" and said he wanted to vent his frustration on his friends,but does he know why? Felt like it,really hope they get to the bottom of it and it doesn't end in both screaming at another again lol.

Masumi's next appearance should be nice too i think,she owes Futaba an explanation i'd say. Or a straight confession? I'm fine with both tbh.
I would love if their next convo is about Touma's feelings for Tachi. Want to see his reaction and find out if he turns out to be more kind or even worse than he's already being with him.

A confession would be better, because that's more tension (?).
Want to see how Futaba deals with it, and if she's going to tell Tachi, it would be interesting.

This is the perfect time for Masumi and Touma interacting more.
I'm not sure if it's popular enough here on MH,since it has 40+ Chapters but no own Thread makes me think like that. And i think Threads and Sections are geared towards Activity? Would have to ask to be sure,but so far it would only be me and you reading it i think,although who knows others might join in.
Yeah you're right, would love if it gets more readers (or maybe there are we don't know lol).
Saw that Brandish was reading it, will try to see how it works
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Yeah, I thought the author was going to make Tachi's and Futaba's relationship more childish or just to be some kind of phase where they find out they don't like each other or stuff. But after Tachi revealed all this and talked about himself, and the chapter turning into a kinda more optimistic light I think Futaba will help him on loving himself some more and maybe he can grow more as a person with her.

I'm really shipping them at this point, I pray they last :emobirb
Same here :emobirb their relationship has been through some Up's and Down's by now and ironically they weren't even because of themselves most of the times but because of their friends influence and input on their relationship. Still great how they've matured and grown together.


I would love if their next convo is about Touma's feelings for Tachi. Want to see his reaction and find out if he turns out to be more kind or even worse than he's already being with him.

A confession would be better, because that's more tension (?).
Want to see how Futaba deals with it, and if she's going to tell Tachi, it would be interesting.

This is the perfect time for Masumi and Touma interacting more.
It could create more tension but it could also be a stress relief in this kind of situation,because if anything mends this already existing rift between them then it would be to talk and think about the apparent issues and feelings up in the air right now. From both Touma and Masumi towards Taichi and Futaba,Touma and Masumi hanging out for an afternoon and talking about their situation could be incredible.

It's also interesting that both talked about these(If Touma talks to his Brother) matters with Touma's Brother and his Wife instead of Futaba or Taichi or any other classmates for that matter.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yo.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
@revo New Blue Flag Chapter coming soon! :zomg
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Finally! The tension was killing me, I really hope this one is about the talk between the two brothers.

Found some nice art by the way :blush




Woah,these do look nice. Hard to find good ones for a series like Ao no Flag,i colored some manga panels before for some avatars/sets.

And agreed,i think and hope this'll be Touma and his Brother and maybe a switch to Taichi inbetween. And after that we need Masumi and Futaba :verily
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Did you read the new chapter? Not what I expected but still liked it :blush
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Did you read the new chapter? Not what I expected but still liked it :blush
Same here,i liked that his Bro gave him a good talking and tried to encourage him into being upfront with him and his Wife but Touma just sitting there not saying or doing anything other than saying "Sorry Touya" was sort of disappointing. I thought he would be mad with Touya due to their relationship though.

 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Same here,i liked that his Bro gave him a good talking and tried to encourage him into being upfront with him and his Wife but Touma just sitting there not saying or doing anything other than saying "Sorry Touya" was sort of disappointing. I thought he would be mad with Touya due to their relationship though.

I feel that this chapter served as "redemption" for the brother, it was nice a little focus on him. I agree that Touma could've talked a bit, honestly when he was about to say "sorry" I thought he was going to reveal his feelings for Taichi or something :XD now I wonder of after this whole speech in this chapter, Seiya will actually be supportive on him in that matter.

I want to think that Touma is a bit more "confident" after this, hopefully he will talk with Taichi soon or now the focus will be on Masumi and Futaba! :nod
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
I feel that this chapter served as "redemption" for the brother, it was nice a little focus on him. I agree that Touma could've talked a bit, honestly when he was about to say "sorry" I thought he was going to reveal his feelings for Taichi or something :XD now I wonder of after this whole speech in this chapter, Seiya will actually be supportive on him in that matter.

I want to think that Touma is a bit more "confident" after this, hopefully he will talk with Taichi soon or now the focus will be on Masumi and Futaba! :nod
Maybe it did help but will only do so when Touma reflects onto what Touya said to him again and pushes himself over that wall between him and his brother,he already seems comfortable with his Wife and will have to be a supportive uncle in the future so that's a start. What had me curious is that none of the classmates spoke about what brought Touma to throw some punches and apparently not even the School knew/knows what occured other than fisticuffs it seems,i'm really interested how and when the Families learn of what is happening to Touma and Taichi at School the past weeks/months. 🤔

I do want more focus onto Futaba and Masumi now though,i also want to see what Taichi and Mami are up to now after the discoveries they've made. :grumble
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Vici It's been too long since i've asked last but...
...have you been playing something the last time? And do you have some titles on your List that you wanna get to?
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
have you been playing something the last time?
Not Much...

I played mainly Crusader Kings 2 lately.

I wanted to play Overwatch but then I realized I haven't patch it for over half a year and I decided it's not worth it.

I'm downloading Sniper Elite 4 from PS we will see if I will even enjoy it.

@xi0
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Not Much...

I played mainly Crusader Kings 2 lately.

I wanted to play Overwatch but then I realized I haven't patch it for over half a year and I decided it's not worth it.

I'm downloading Sniper Elite 4 from PS we will see if I will even enjoy it.

@xi0
I haven't played too much myself lately, my last "adventure" was my 2nd run of the Resident Evil Remake that I had been putting off for some months lol.

How was Crusader Kings?

I only played Sniper Elite 3 before but it was a fun play I give it that. Hope you'll enjoy the next title!

I'm currently just waiting on Borderlands 3,I'm sort of out games to play lately haha. Looking for something fun.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I wanted to play Overwatch but then I realized I haven't patch it for over half a year and I decided it's not worth it.
Was playing yesterday for the first time in months. Role queue seems... nice? Should have been in the game well over a year ago, but lol
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Chapter 48 of Blue Flag is out on MangaPlus @revo :verily
 
Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Yeah I read it! ^^
This chapter was so good, probably from my top favorites so far. :zomg I loved the perspective, it was heartbreaking and explained pretty good the growing of the feelings. I also like how it explains from Touma's point of view how Taichi disliked him at first in the series, and then the sudden flashbacks about Futaba and how she made Taichi happier was heartwarming and sad.
I never expected to root for Touma so much as I'm doing now, not for him to get with Taichi or something but with him getting happiness. I feel that even if he manages to talk with Taichi again and they get on good terms again, it will not be enough.

Now we need Masumi chapters!
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Yeah I read it! ^^
This chapter was so good, probably from my top favorites so far. :zomg I loved the perspective, it was heartbreaking and explained pretty good the growing of the feelings. I also like how it explains from Touma's point of view how Taichi disliked him at first in the series, and then the sudden flashbacks about Futaba and how she made Taichi happier was heartwarming and sad.
I never expected to root for Touma so much as I'm doing now, not for him to get with Taichi or something but with him getting happiness. I feel that even if he manages to talk with Taichi again and they get on good terms again, it will not be enough.

Now we need Masumi chapters!
It was a great Chapter for Touma that's for sure,gives him great characterization and development with this Flashback from their childhood to all the way now. I also liked to see how Touya used to be before getting together with his future Wife,also showed why exactly Touma started to make her a Mother/Big Sister figure in his Life after his parents death. His Life really makes you realize how he could end up with such a different way of feeling for his friend,i feel like Touma made his resolve to accept Taichi and Futaba's relationship because it makes Taichi happy and seeing him happy i guess makes Touma feel good. I guess he could try to surpress his feeling but it'll take a long time for him to either start liking someone else or getting a clear view of his Emotional Confusions,i agree with you though,i too want Touma to get some sort of happy ending for himself. Perhaps both he and Masumi will realize change their views on certain things over the story and we'll really get to see what many covers of the Manga show at the end: Touma,Taichi,Futaba and Masumi just hanging out together as Friends and having fun with no care in the world. Touma going back to school will be a big thing i feel like,it will surely come to another talk between him and Taichi. This time to solve the issue i think.

Why are we talking in Spoiler Boxes btw.? lmao
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
It was a great Chapter for Touma that's for sure,gives him great characterization and development with this Flashback from their childhood to all the way now. I also liked to see how Touya used to be before getting together with his future Wife,also showed why exactly Touma started to make her a Mother/Big Sister figure in his Life after his parents death. His Life really makes you realize how he could end up with such a different way of feeling for his friend,i feel like Touma made his resolve to accept Taichi and Futaba's relationship because it makes Taichi happy and seeing him happy i guess makes Touma feel good. I guess he could try to surpress his feeling but it'll take a long time for him to either start liking someone else or getting a clear view of his Emotional Confusions,i agree with you though,i too want Touma to get some sort of happy ending for himself. Perhaps both he and Masumi will realize change their views on certain things over the story and we'll really get to see what many covers of the Manga show at the end: Touma,Taichi,Futaba and Masumi just hanging out together as Friends and having fun with no care in the world. Touma going back to school will be a big thing i feel like,it will surely come to another talk between him and Taichi. This time to solve the issue i think.

Why are we talking in Spoiler Boxes btw.? lmao
Gave spoilers to someone of a chapter from a different manga without noticing and was scared to do that again :sweatbunny
The change of Touma's brother was great to see as well, I kinda respect him more now, this and the previous chapter gave me a better light of him.
Another interesting things is that it doesn't seem that Touma ever expected or wished with all his heart that Taichi loved him back or something. It's something that probably could develop in the future but he just wanted to at least be liked by him like in the past. I guess that Touma besides loving Taichi also always kinda depended emotionally too much of him, and now with Futaba in their lifes he thought with him happy things could change again, but no.

My guess is that both Touma and Masumi should be accepted by themselves and by the rest of the characters to reach a "happy ending". In the end Touma got problems as soon as he confessed to love Taichi, Masumi already suffered problems for it too.
I think that it's not that Taichi has to love him back or something so Touma doesn't end up as a sad/trafic character, but more to accept him and understand. He's still shocked for Touma's confession but still needs to talk to him and get in good terms. Same thing would happen with Masumi/Futaba.
 
Last edited:

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Gave spoilers to someone a chapter from a different manga without noticing and was scared to do that again :sweatbunny
The change of Touma's brother was great to see as well, I kinda respect him more now, this and the previous chapter gave me a better light of him.
Another interesting things is that it doesn't seem that Touma ever expected or wished with all his heart that Taichi loved him back or something. It's something that probably could develop in the future but he just wanted to at least be liked by him like in the past. I guess that Touma besides loving Taichi also always kinda depended emotionally too much of him, and now with Futaba in their lifes he thought with him happy things could change again, but no.

My guess is that both Touma and Masumi should be accepted by themselves and by the rest of the characters to reach a "happy ending". In the end Touma got problems as soon as he confessed to love Taichi, Masumi already suffered problems for it too.
I think that it's not that Taichi has to love him back or something so Touma doesn't end up as a sad/trafic character, but more to accept him and understand. He's still shocked for Touma's confession but still needs to talk to him and get in good terms. Same thing would happen with Masumi/Futaba.
No worries,my thread is open to all sorts of Spoilers.


I pretty much agree with your opinion on this,i'd love if the entire Group had a talk together but i guess before anything like that can happen both separate parties need a proper conversation first. Touma and Taichi, Futaba and Masumi. No two ways about it. While Futaba still seems confused about what Masumi actually has on her mind we know that she is as much concerned about Touma/Taichi as she is about her,Taichi appears to have been thinking about the whole situation as well. I just hope both can find some sort of closure on this matter and will be able to move on and at least try to be friends again,Taichi knows Touma better than anyone so he should be able to perhaps relate or understand when Touma reveals why he feels/felt this way about him.

If Masumi and Futaba have a talk as well i'd like Mami to be there too
she'd liven that scene up in no time,she also has really relatable opinions and views on some situations and people she's been involved with. I think for me she might be the most relatable character besides Taichi in the Manga,Taichi personality wise and Mami opinion wise. I think both have done at least one thing in the manga where i sat there and thought "Hey,i think so too!" or "Wow,i would've done the same probably" It's really amazing,its definitely one of my favorite Manga currently!
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
No worries,my thread is open to all sorts of Spoilers.


I pretty much agree with your opinion on this,i'd love if the entire Group had a talk together but i guess before anything like that can happen both separate parties need a proper conversation first. Touma and Taichi, Futaba and Masumi. No two ways about it. While Futaba still seems confused about what Masumi actually has on her mind we know that she is as much concerned about Touma/Taichi as she is about her,Taichi appears to have been thinking about the whole situation as well. I just hope both can find some sort of closure on this matter and will be able to move on and at least try to be friends again,Taichi knows Touma better than anyone so he should be able to perhaps relate or understand when Touma reveals why he feels/felt this way about him.

If Masumi and Futaba have a talk as well i'd like Mami to be there too
she'd liven that scene up in no time,she also has really relatable opinions and views on some situations and people she's been involved with. I think for me she might be the most relatable character besides Taichi in the Manga,Taichi personality wise and Mami opinion wise. I think both have done at least one thing in the manga where i sat there and thought "Hey,i think so too!" or "Wow,i would've done the same probably" It's really amazing,its definitely one of my favorite Manga currently!
Great, then not going to hold back from now on.


Agreed there too, it would also be nice to see more Touma/Futaba and Taichi/Masumi separate interactions, these were great and gave great dialogues in the chapter. Especially looking for more Touma/Futaba after she knowing about his feelings for Taichi.
I'm sure Taichi will come to understand and accept Touma for who he is and take his feelings in a natural way, that would make his devemlopment as character complete. Oh, and I've read some comments in manga sites that Taichi seems Touma's feelings like a gross thing, but I don't agree. He sure feels weird about it, but him discriminating him would be OoC for me.

Mami, yes :zomg I still love how she was supposed to be the classic mean female character that gets in everyone's way but ended up to be the most realistic one in the manga. You're right that she could be there when it happens, her latest moment with Masumi was too emotional; it would be nice if she had a chapter with Futaba alone as well. Futaba will probably be like Taichi after Masumi confess her feelings and Mami would be a great person to talk to.

Agreed! The author makes you considerate every character's point of views and actions and it's like you see a situation you can easly be in your life, if the manga keeps to be longer and in this level, it will be from my current favorites too for sure.


Oh, have you read Shimanami Tasogare Seraph?
 
Top