Frostyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
McEachran is supposed to "be the next Lampard," but who knows if that'll pan out.

Yeah, and that's why FFP and spending limits are being imposed.

I just got him groomed, so he's much cuter right now. He's curled up in his doggie bed on my bed right now.

Originally, it was reported that Leverkusen (by German newspapers) wanted De Bruyne, which really sounded as if they were trying to entice us to loan him to them. We'll see what happens.

Yeah. I was so hoping Spurs would've lost though.

Oh, and while who knows if it'll pan out in the end, the news of the day:

German football journalist Raphael Honigstein on Twitter: "Mourinho to Chelsea buzz getting louder. Two very different people with CFC connections insist "it's a done deal"."

---------- Post added April 09, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 08, 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------
I tend to not follow those labels anymore; it puts too much pressure on the player as he grows up believing that he doesn't reach that level, then he's failed.
Didn't know you were the pet type; so adorable.

While we're on the subject of Spurs, what do you think the possibility of Bale leaving in the summer are?

I'm not gonna call it a done deal until it is confirmed done. Too many times we've seen "Player A has agreed to move to team B" then breaking news "team A have confirmed the signing of player A on a xx year contract". We'll see.

We need more posting here, especially after today's elimination of the offside rule in the Dortmund vs Malaga match.
:teehee Read the post in my thread. Were you rooting for Malaga?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I tend to not follow those labels anymore; it puts too much pressure on the player as he grows up believing that he doesn't reach that level, then he's failed.
Didn't know you were the pet type; so adorable.

While we're on the subject of Spurs, what do you think the possibility of Bale leaving in the summer are?

I'm not gonna call it a done deal until it is confirmed done. Too many times we've seen "Player A has agreed to move to team B" then breaking news "team A have confirmed the signing of player A on a xx year contract". We'll see.

:teehee Read the post in my thread. Were you rooting for Malaga?
Chelsea certainly hasn't done him any favors by continuously loaning him out instead of letting him play for us.

Of course I'm the pet type.

I don't know. I think that Bale would fare better in La Liga somehow, but he's definitely not worth 40-50m pounds. I don't know if he'll leave or not. We tried to buy Modric off of Spurs before the 11/12 season, but their chairman wouldn't sell for any price and then the next summer, he sold him to Madrid for significantly less than we'd offered.

No one is, but it's looking positive right now. At the end of the season, Jose could easily resign with Madrid, especially if he wins the CL.

I like Dortmund's play style more, but I was rooting for the underdog in the second match because Dortmund failed to score so spectacularly in Malaga.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

You know what we need? We need you to stop slacking off and calc matches >_>
Well...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Chelsea certainly hasn't done him any favors by continuously loaning him out instead of letting him play for us.

Of course I'm the pet type.

I don't know. I think that Bale would fare better in La Liga somehow, but he's definitely not worth 40-50m pounds. I don't know if he'll leave or not. We tried to buy Modric off of Spurs before the 11/12 season, but their chairman wouldn't sell for any price and then the next summer, he sold him to Madrid for significantly less than we'd offered.

No one is, but it's looking positive right now. At the end of the season, Jose could easily resign with Madrid, especially if he wins the CL.

I like Dortmund's play style more, but I was rooting for the underdog in the second match because Dortmund failed to score so spectacularly in Malaga.
Where is he now? I find the loaning of young players a double edged sword; on one hand they could really benefit from first team football elsewhere and improve their game for their eventual return. On the other hand, they could go away and completely suck, whereas they could've performed better had they been given a few stints on the first team.

You say that like it's common knowledge :gwah

I agree, the rise in number of clubs that can throw that sort of money on players has distorted true player values. I remember the Modric incident; followed the transfer deadline and I wasn't expecting it. Though not confirmed, I was sure he'd end up at Chelsea in the end after they hunted him endlessly.

I want Madrid to win their 10th Champions League finally, but not with Mourinho. Yes, I'm a hater but can you imagine the size of his ego if HE is the man that brings them that trophy that has eluded them for 10 years+ and some high profile managers during that time. I'd love to see him back in England purely for the banter, his press conferences were nothing short of excellent.

I was rooting for Malaga, if I had to choose because they'd never reached that stage in the competition before and I wanted them to do well and cause some upsets. They can still keep their chins up, I doubt they thought it was possible in the beginning of the season.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Where is he now? I find the loaning of young players a double edged sword; on one hand they could really benefit from first team football elsewhere and improve their game for their eventual return. On the other hand, they could go away and completely suck, whereas they could've performed better had they been given a few stints on the first team.

You say that like it's common knowledge :gwah

I agree, the rise in number of clubs that can throw that sort of money on players has distorted true player values. I remember the Modric incident; followed the transfer deadline and I wasn't expecting it. Though not confirmed, I was sure he'd end up at Chelsea in the end after they hunted him endlessly.

I want Madrid to win their 10th Champions League finally, but not with Mourinho. Yes, I'm a hater but can you imagine the size of his ego if HE is the man that brings them that trophy that has eluded them for 10 years+ and some high profile managers during that time. I'd love to see him back in England purely for the banter, his press conferences were nothing short of excellent.

I was rooting for Malaga, if I had to choose because they'd never reached that stage in the competition before and I wanted them to do well and cause some upsets. They can still keep their chins up, I doubt they thought it was possible in the beginning of the season.
He's loaned out to Middlesbrough, I believe.

Maybe I should've made it more obvious. :P

Yeah. So many players are being valued at over 30m pounds these days that it's ridiculous. Did you know that we paid 20m to buy Lukaku before we'd ever seen him play in a top league? I think that in the end, we offered Levy 45m for Modric and he still said no, and 45m is like 25m more than Modric is worth.

If Jose got Madrid their 10th CL, it would be hilarious. We'd get so many more "The Special One" quotes. Jose's ego already is that large, so I don't know how much larger it could really get.

I was rooting for Dortmund before the tie began, but then I was rooting for Malaga for the second leg because I wanted to see them do well and get back at UEFA for denying them CL football for next season (well, one season in the next four, but Malaga are fourth right now, so it'll be next season).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
He's loaned out to Middlesbrough, I believe.

Maybe I should've made it more obvious. :P

Yeah. So many players are being valued at over 30m pounds these days that it's ridiculous. Did you know that we paid 20m to buy Lukaku before we'd ever seen him play in a top league? I think that in the end, we offered Levy 45m for Modric and he still said no, and 45m is like 25m more than Modric is worth.

If Jose got Madrid their 10th CL, it would be hilarious. We'd get so many more "The Special One" quotes. Jose's ego already is that large, so I don't know how much larger it could really get.

I was rooting for Dortmund before the tie began, but then I was rooting for Malaga for the second leg because I wanted to see them do well and get back at UEFA for denying them CL football for next season (well, one season in the next four, but Malaga are fourth right now, so it'll be next season).
Well, I guess it's obvious since you randomly talk about your pets and what you did with them/for them. :amuse Have you always had pets and what was the first one you had?

I knew the price for Lukaku, I didn't know about not having seen him play in the top league before. To be honest, I don't recall hearing about him before but my brother knew who he was as he follows all sorts of leagues and Lukaku is also from my country. I think 20m is a fair price to pay for Modric, anything beyond that is just ridiculous. 45m? bloody hell, he's not worth that much and it's showing now. His good performances seem to far in between, not good enough for a top club.

I hope to see Malaga again in the Champions Leauge and for them to do well. Hopefully this campaign will give a boost to the club to purchase more quality players, keep the ones they also have and try to build on the successes of this season.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, I guess it's obvious since you randomly talk about your pets and what you did with them/for them. :amuse Have you always had pets and what was the first one you had?

I knew the price for Lukaku, I didn't know about not having seen him play in the top league before. To be honest, I don't recall hearing about him before but my brother knew who he was as he follows all sorts of leagues and Lukaku is also from my country. I think 20m is a fair price to pay for Modric, anything beyond that is just ridiculous. 45m? bloody hell, he's not worth that much and it's showing now. His good performances seem to far in between, not good enough for a top club.

I hope to see Malaga again in the Champions Leauge and for them to do well. Hopefully this campaign will give a boost to the club to purchase more quality players, keep the ones they also have and try to build on the successes of this season.
Yes. :P

He was a young teenager, so you wouldn't necessarily have really heard about him. The scouts thought he was a beast and everyone around Europe wanted him.

Yes, we offered 45m for Modric, if you can believe that. How Levy didn't take that offer, I'll never know.

The problem is that as they're denied CL money because UEFA banned them from the CL for a season, they can't get 20-25m automatically for next season. They made quite a bit of money by qualifying for the CL this season and making it to the QFs, however.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. :P

He was a young teenager, so you wouldn't necessarily have really heard about him. The scouts thought he was a beast and everyone around Europe wanted him.

Yes, we offered 45m for Modric, if you can believe that. How Levy didn't take that offer, I'll never know.

The problem is that as they're denied CL money because UEFA banned them from the CL for a season, they can't get 20-25m automatically for next season. They made quite a bit of money by qualifying for the CL this season and making it to the QFs, however.
I've heard he had been compared to Drogba back in his time before joining Chelsea, which would explain the interest in him around Europe; as Drogba was at the top of his game during those times.

Maybe because he didn't want to sell to another London club? or has/had a problem with Chelsea.

Wow, from reading this article on it, it seems a great injustice was done on them by UEFA. I hope they can pull through and sort their financial situation; it has been fun having them in the tournament. They came through quite a tricky group with Miland and Anderlecht.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've heard he had been compared to Drogba back in his time before joining Chelsea, which would explain the interest in him around Europe; as Drogba was at the top of his game during those times.

Maybe because he didn't want to sell to another London club? or has/had a problem with Chelsea.

Wow, from reading this article on it, it seems a great injustice was done on them by UEFA. I hope they can pull through and sort their financial situation; it has been fun having them in the tournament. They came through quite a tricky group with Miland and Anderlecht.
Yes, he has been compared to Drogba, although he's a touch faster than Drogba, I'd say. Of course, Drogba's a much better finisher, but that'll come in time.

Maybe. Who knows with Levy.

Yeah, UEFA more or less screwed them over. The problem for Malaga is that they've slipped four points below fourth place right now, so they could miss out on CL football this season and next season then. Malaga's losing Isco in the summer, so whether or not they can even continue is questionable. His sale will help them with money.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, he has been compared to Drogba, although he's a touch faster than Drogba, I'd say. Of course, Drogba's a much better finisher, but that'll come in time.

Maybe. Who knows with Levy.

Yeah, UEFA more or less screwed them over. The problem for Malaga is that they've slipped four points below fourth place right now, so they could miss out on CL football this season and next season then. Malaga's losing Isco in the summer, so whether or not they can even continue is questionable. His sale will help them with money.
The pace is a lot to do with his age too; Drogba is not young anymore.

I hope it does. The problem that usually occurs is that, once a team in that sort of situation begins selling off players to cover debts and stay afloat, they get stuck in that routine and never seen to recover and get back to their past "glory".
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The pace is a lot to do with his age too; Drogba is not young anymore.

I hope it does. The problem that usually occurs is that, once a team in that sort of situation begins selling off players to cover debts and stay afloat, they get stuck in that routine and never seen to recover and get back to their past "glory".
No, he's not, but he hasn't been that fast for a good couple of seasons. Drogba was fast at one point, but he was never a true speedster.

They've been better this season than last season and they even had to sell off some of their players over the summer.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah, UEFA more or less screwed them over. The problem for Malaga is that they've slipped four points below fourth place right now, so they could miss out on CL football this season and next season then. Malaga's losing Isco in the summer, so whether or not they can even continue is questionable. His sale will help them with money.
Real Sociedad in CL? Yes, please. F Málaga.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Real Sociedad in CL? Yes, please. F Málaga.
What's wrong with Malaga? It's looking increasingly likely that Real Sociedad will nab 4th anyway. Hardy, even if Malaga do get 4th, the 5th place team gets the CL spot anyway because of the ban on European competition for Malaga for the next four seasons. If Malaga qualifies for the CL one season in the next four, they're prevented from competing.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
What's wrong with Malaga? It's looking increasingly likely that Real Sociedad will nab 4th anyway. Hardy, even if Malaga do get 4th, the 5th place team gets the CL spot anyway because of the ban on European competition for Malaga for the next four seasons. If Malaga qualifies for the CL one season in the next four, they're prevented from competing.
I don't like money whore teams (Málaga, City, Chelsea...) Barcelona and Madrid are a different case lol

+ I like Real Sociedad (Euskadi, San Sebastián :arf ).
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Moving on from the obvious contradiction in your statement as every big team spends money, football needs better refs.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I like teams that earn their money, not teams that get bought and start buying players from every league.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like teams that earn their money, not teams that get bought and start buying players from every league.
Yeah, like every top team doesn't inject a lot of money into their side, regardless of whether they blood youngsters or not.

Barca has bought a lot of players and spend the most money of anyone.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah, like every top team doesn't inject a lot of money into their side, regardless of whether they blood youngsters or not.

Barca has bought a lot of players and spend the most money of anyone.
But Barca (as a team) wasn't bought by an Arabian nor Russian nor anything like that, they got their money with sponsors, titles, sales... They deserve their money.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
But Barca (as a team) wasn't bought by an Arabian nor Russian nor anything like that, they got their money with sponsors, titles, sales... They deserve their money.
Yes, and while Barca (as well as Madrid) charges high ticket prices and spends more money than anyone, the Spanish people are in deep financial straits.

Sure, Barca wasn't bought by an Arab or a Russian, but it doesn't make them any better. A lot of the titles Barca won were due to outright corruption in matches. Not in La Liga, but in the CL, at least.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
That's what you think, as a butthurt Chelsea fan. Again, I don't even like Barcelona, but saying that they only won matches in CL because of corruption? Bish please, Juventus played in Serie B because of that, you think that UEFA would let Barcelona do the same shit?

They charge high prices... so? people like to go there cause they give "the best" football in the world. No one is making them buy the tickets, they do it cause they want to.

Really!!!???? Barcelona is THE TEAM OF EVIL because Spain has no money, it's totally their plan and their fault, :kukuku
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's what you think, as a butthurt Chelsea fan. Again, I don't even like Barcelona, but saying that they only won matches in CL because of corruption? Bish please, Juventus played in Serie B because of that, you think that UEFA would let Barcelona do the same shit?

They charge high prices... so? people like to go there cause they give "the best" football in the world. No one is making them buy the tickets, they do it cause they want to.

Really!!!???? Barcelona is THE TEAM OF EVIL because Spain has no money, it's totally their plan and their fault, :kukuku
I'm still annoyed about the Tom Henning Ovrebo thing, but unlike so many clubs, we were able to get our revenge for being wronged, so right now, I have nothing to be butthurt about. :) I won't stop despising Barca, however.

Juve fixed matches, Barca never did that. Corruption doesn't have to be literally paying people off.

There have been matches that they won only because of corruption. Remember the match in last year's QF against Milan? Barca was awarded one of the cheapest penalties you'll ever see. Remember the Fabregas dive against us last season? We won the tie because Messi missed a penalty, but the refs give them a lot of calls. Remember the first leg against PSG? Alexis was nowhere close to the ball and no one thought it was a penalty other than Barca and Barca fans.

They don't play the best football in the world, Bayern does. ;)

I didn't say that that made Barca evil, just that they should consider charging lower ticket prices and perhaps doing something more for their community.

____________________

Gary, you're as bad as Hardy with the liking/thanking thing.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top