Match Fuji VS Akutsu

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I missed our 1 V 1 matchup threads.

Now, I want to start to revive it with this matchup.

Fuji VS Akutsu.

Fuji with all his Offensive Moves and Defensive Counters.

VS

Akutsu and his 8C which gave even a top player like Amadeus trouble.
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Assuming Gatekeeper of Hecatoncheiries works on Destruction the same way it does hope, and can still drag it into the net, that seals Akutsu's strongest shot.

Tsubame Gaeshi, Higuma Otoshi, and Hakuryu (Hakugei) shouldn't really cause too many problems for Akutsu in base. Maybe a few stray points but nothing dominant.

Firefly Illusion has no target. Star Fireworks only applies if you hit a cord ball and Akutsu certainly can avoid it.

Hollyhock Blizzard is strong but given his speed and flexibility, I do think Akutsu can react to it rather comfortably. Radiant Gale and Closed Eyes should in theory both be able to handle Akutsu's trajectory change, 10 Ball, and help handle the 8C pattern.

Firefox should be an issue for Akutsu who plays a very aggressive style, but the move is very weather dependent so hard to say definitive.

Roughly, I think Fuji takes it. Probably 6-5, 4-6, 7-6. 8C means if Akutsu uses it too early he'll self-destruct. Fuji has more answers and doesn't have a time limit.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I missed our 1 V 1 matchup threads.

Now, I want to start to revive it with this matchup.

Fuji VS Akutsu.

Fuji with all his Offensive Moves and Defensive Counters.

VS

Akutsu and his 8C which gave even a top player like Amadeus trouble.
I can revive it but it seemed like it had little interest after some months lol.

If it's a single set then Akutsu wins comfortably even if the 5th counter should deal Destruction. In 3 sets I think Fuji should be able to stall until the 8C takes Akutsu out. He's buffed enough at this point to at least rally and make it competitive (and win, in the end).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Assuming Gatekeeper of Hecatoncheiries works on Destruction the same way it does hope, and can still drag it into the net, that seals Akutsu's strongest shot.

Tsubame Gaeshi, Higuma Otoshi, and Hakuryu (Hakugei) shouldn't really cause too many problems for Akutsu in base. Maybe a few stray points but nothing dominant.

Firefly Illusion has no target. Star Fireworks only applies if you hit a cord ball and Akutsu certainly can avoid it.

Hollyhock Blizzard is strong but given his speed and flexibility, I do think Akutsu can react to it rather comfortably. Radiant Gale and Closed Eyes should in theory both be able to handle Akutsu's trajectory change, 10 Ball, and help handle the 8C pattern.

Firefox should be an issue for Akutsu who plays a very aggressive style, but the move is very weather dependent so hard to say definitive.

Roughly, I think Fuji takes it. Probably 6-5, 4-6, 7-6. 8C means if Akutsu uses it too early he'll self-destruct. Fuji has more answers and doesn't have a time limit.
Kinda hard to win a set 6-5.

I don't see Fuji winning the first set in any scenario.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I can revive it but it seemed like it had little interest after some months lol.

If it's a single set then Akutsu wins comfortably even if the 5th counter should deal Destruction. In 3 sets I think Fuji should be able to stall until the 8C takes Akutsu out. He's buffed enough at this point to at least rally and make it competitive (and win, in the end).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Kinda hard to win a set 6-5.

I don't see Fuji winning the first set in any scenario.
Wow. You guys think 8C Akutsu is that strong in 1 set match?

It is not as strong as Byodoin's. But it did gave some trouble to Amadeus.

As for Fuji, I am not sure how effective his offensive and defensive counters against Akutsu's unorthodox flexible style.

I think they are in the same tier. Just below Atobe/Kintaro/Yukimura in Japan MS Tier.
 

Ganonslayer101

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
469
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can revive it but it seemed like it had little interest after some months lol.

If it's a single set then Akutsu wins comfortably even if the 5th counter should deal Destruction. In 3 sets I think Fuji should be able to stall until the 8C takes Akutsu out. He's buffed enough at this point to at least rally and make it competitive (and win, in the end).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Kinda hard to win a set 6-5.

I don't see Fuji winning the first set in any scenario.
Mistyped. Meant 6-4

I think Akutsu only wins set 1 if he breaks out 8C right away. And that just seals his death sentence. Fuji may not be as good as Amadeus but he plays very strong defense when he wants to and Akutsu can't keep up 8C indefinitely. Plus it tears up his body. So if Akutsu busts it out right away, he tosses the match IMO.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Wait, Why are you guys saying Akutsu will easily, or at least comfortably beat Fuji in a one set match?

Is it because of 8C and Destruction with 10 balls spam?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
With the new information we get, I think Fuji can win this.

Akutsu was fighting evenly with Switz captain, who lose to American captain, who lose to Ryoga, who is fighting evenly with Ryoma right now that slightly lose to Fuji and win because of the rain. Ryoma still doesn't have any upgrade yet, so his match with Fuji and Prince are still relevant.

Akutsu might win the first set and get floored the two sets after due to his body being a goner or they'll have an extremely close first set that Fuji win and Akutsu get floored later.
 
Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Fuji improved a lot.

Back in POT, he was worst against Tezuka, Yukimura, Atobe, Sanada, Kintarou, and Shiraishi.

Was he even better than Chitose and Tachibana? Probably.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not really relevant to these chapters at all but the match against Niou showed he was clearly better than Shiraishi lol. He could counter Chitose with Closed Eyes and his training against Tachibana pre-nationals is what pushed him to improve so I reckon he was better than him, too. Only the top 6~ were better than him, that's ok.

Kitsune Fireball is pretty broken but he literally lost the one point in which we saw him use it.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Fuji improved a lot.

Back in POT, he was worst against Tezuka, Yukimura, Atobe, Sanada, Kintarou, and Shiraishi.
I feel like End of Series Fuji against Tezuka, Atobe, Sanada, and Shiraishi is pretty debatable. That's basically the main point of Niou illusion.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Fuji is very strong.

I think he is stronger than Sanada and Yukimura generally.

He will lose against Yukimura though in a 1 V 1 match.

Fuji doesn't have any aura or something to counter Yips/Dream. I am not sure if close eyes work.
 
Top