General Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

General Discussion Thread

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ah now it did. Appreciated :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
All the interviews:

Inoue (I): Mamoru Inoue here. We're halfway through this tournament, there's some really strong competition out there! Today, I have the pleasure of having Sanada Genichirou, Tezuka Kunimitsu and the one and only Echizen Nanjirou as my guests. Good evening gentlemen, I must admit I was surprised none of you took part in this competition.
Tezuka (T): I let my guard down.
Sanada (S): Clearly the people nominating have a poor form in their taste, TARUNDORU. I'll still support Yukimura from the sidelines, although he surely is doing great and needs no help as usual.
I: Actually he is almost in the last pla... Nevermind, what about you, Mr. Echizen?
Nanjirou (N): Meh, unlike these kids, I CHOSE not to participate. It would had been unfair for the rest, honestly.
I: I see. Well, we had many upsets so far, with cases like Saeki getting an amazing result against Sengoku. Tezuka, what do you think about the man that once took the Jr. Senbatsu spot you had rejected?
T: He let his guard down.
I: ... anything else?
T: Nein. I have a flight to catch. Auf wiedersehen.
I: Wait but...
S: I WON'T FALL BEHIND YOU, TEZUKAAAAA!!!
N: There they go... Don't worry Inoue, I have plenty of experience in the topic, I could stay here and talk all day... but I won't, because I'm a really busy man.

I: A personal interview with the great Samurai Echizen... oh my god I've been dreaming of this for years.
N: What was that, Inoue?
I: Nothing, nothing. That's great to hear! Let's get started then, shall we?

-Inoue: So, here we have Saeki Kojirou and Shiraishi Kuranosuke. We expected them to do similarly as long as Shishyshi wouldn't constantly show up... and we were wrong! They are in completely different ends of the table.
-Nanjirou: This Saeki kid... he reminds me a bit of myself to be honest, a true natural.
-That's... surprising to hear. Saeki must be flattered.
-The biggest difference is that I was fierce like a tiger whereas this kid is worse than a rabbit. As oblivious as a sheep I would say, he should be glad girls see him as sweet as one.
-Overall, his gameplan has been... building sand castles. For some reason, women have found it amusing. In round 1 he got a bit lucky that Atobe was taking a nap against him, and even like that he barely got a tie.
-He's the master of not winning after all, so it surprised no one really. He was a bit lucky too in Round 3 considering that Sengoku kid was tryharding so much... If you are thirsty, don't yell for drinks, go get them instead!
-An amazing advice... I'm taking notes.
-On the other hand, Shiraishi needs to loosen up a bit, he is getting worse every round. By the end of this, he might not even be able to talk to his sister. As Saeki reminds me of myself, Shiraishi reminds me a bit of you, Inoue.
-What do you mean?
-How's your wife?
-I'm not married.
-Exactly.

-Inoue: Next, we have Sengoku Kiyosumi and Banda Mik...
-Nanjirou: WHAT, THAT FREAKING OLD MAN? WHAT IS HE DOING IN HERE?
-He was nominated by a big fan of his.
-AND I DIDN'T GET NOMIN... I mean, had I known I wouldn't had rejected my invitation. How is that even legal by the way?
-I have no clue, I do not run the Husbando Federation, I'm just a journalist! But let's talk about him then.
-I don't wanna right now. That walking cadaver... So, that Sengoku kid. I must admit his performance so far has impressed me. Sure, his approach is frontal, desperate, clumsy, embarrassing and... I forgot what I was saying. In any case, you miss 100 % of the shots you don't shoot, I guess, and so far it has been working for him.
-Perhaps he should had laid back a bit when he faced Saeki, though, as the calmness and indifference of his opponent showed the total opposite of him and managed to attract all the women that rejected him... which were plenty.
-True, and in the end, only 1 woman voted for him in that round. I wonder who would be that desperate.
-You think we could discuss Banda's performance quickly right now?
-Sure. The old fart is disgusting and I have no idea what he is even doing here. He has plenty of skill and knowledge though, so obviously that fox shouldn't be underestimated.
-You speak of knowledge, and as an expert yourself, I'd like to know where did you get yours when it comes to women. I'm taking notes!
-Adult Magazines. They have great articles.

-Inoue: Now, let's talk about Amane "David" Hikaru and Atobe "The King" Keigo.
-Nanjirou: The "king"? Of what?
-Hyotei I guess? I admit he cannot be the king of tennis as the prince is your own son.
-That's like bragging you are the king of Monaco.
-Regardless, we shall discuss their performance.
-I must admit this Atobe kid has style. He still has much to work on, though, but around this bunch of children he looks like a pro. He does have one thing I never had...
-Lots of money?
-...no, a gigantic ego. You know how humble I am, Mr. Inoue, so I won't go into details. When it comes to his performance, he hasn't done much: he usually just stands there and women run to him crying they want to drown on his bigi. The total opposite of that Sengoku guy, and that's why it works I guess.
-Agreed. On the other hand, we have Amane who hasn't had much success. He usually introduces himself with a pun, which has been a hit or miss tactic that has only gotten him as far as the middle of the table.
-Ah, to be fair his biggest sin is his lack of experience. I always rated puns in conversations, and this one was always infallible to me: How much does a polar bear weight, Mr Inoue?
-Uhm. What an odd question... I have no idea.
-Enough to break the ice (☞゚∀゚)☞

-Inoue: Alright, let's finish up with Niou Masaharu and Yukimura Seiichi.
-Nanjirou: Those are the kids that lost to Ryoma?
-Twice, yes. Although it was Yukimura who lost in the culmination of the National's Finals.
-What's the point of playing the same team twice only to lose? In any case, I do recall that final match, when Ryoma unlocked the Pinnacle of Perfection
-I thought back then you said it was just a feeling, not even a technique?
-It is now. Going back to Yukimura, this kid has a lot of skill and determination, but he clearly cannot put his heart in his game, and that's his biggest flaw.
-Would you say his style could be impeccable if not for that flaw?
-No, he sucks. The fact that he is still sick only makes this worse. Glad that Sanada kid isn't trying to help, otherwise he would be a total lost cause.
-Uhm, according to our memo he was going to travel to the US and get proper treatment there.
-With their economy? Please, he would be better here. Speaking of better, his opponent this round has shown great skill during the whole event, managing to copy perfectly whoever he desires every time. His personality however is... unfortunate. It reminds me of my sons.
-Why? Would you say he is overconfident?
-I say he is a little shit.
-... I think this will be it for now, thanks Nanjirou-san for your insight.
-Any time.