Discussion - General Episodes Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Episodes Discussion

Do you watch One Piece? (anime)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Woot this episode was really nice. This filler arc is quite good atm.. (Except puzzle's bounty). The Sanji-Ussop combo was awesome! :D

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

wow, there's activity in this thread. :spaz

yikes, kinda late and I've to get up early tmr. Will post more later. :amuse

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

this thread is ALLLLLLLLIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE! Run for it.. :p

On topic:
One Piece 332 status
Here we go again... ~

Raw: Done did finding that.
Translation: Done
Timing: Done
Typesetting: Processing...
Finalizing script: Processing...
Encoding: Waiting...
Uploading: Waiting...
Release: Waiting...

(www.instantz.net)

The last episode is out by instantz-noobproduction.
This was an awesome episode in my opinion. I'm really looking forward for the next one! xD

Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm not very fond of Don Acchino's Devil Fruit power, though. It seems too much like Ace's. And nobody say "But Ace's is a Logia, this is a Paramecia!" because I know that, but I still don't like the similarity much. On the other hand, this episode was awesome. Jiro seems more and more like younger Luffy. Only a bit smarter. And Zoro and Sanji fighting was as hilarious as always. I also loved how Robin used Ril to get cola for Franky. She really IS the smart one. Chopper's smart but naive, Nami's smart but greedy/temperamental, and the rest are idiots. I can't wait for the next episode, I'm willing to bet things will start to heat up.

I assure you I didn't make that pun intentionally. I feel tainted now...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Well yeah, I agree that it's pretty similar to Ace's power, but not too similar. While this guy controls his body heat, Ace controls fire, which is definitely hot, but not heat itself. The biggest difference I suppose is that Don's heat wave would send you flying a bit, since it's just hot air forced against you while Ace, doing the same move, would turn you into ashes. That's why Don Acchino is just a (relatively) weak wannabe of Ace.

On another note: finally, the title of the next episode speaks for some Puzzle action and possible backstory.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

I'm not very fond of Don Acchino's Devil Fruit power, though. It seems too much like Ace's. And nobody say "But Ace's is a Logia, this is a Paramecia!" because I know that, but I still don't like the similarity much. On the other hand, this episode was awesome. Jiro seems more and more like younger Luffy. Only a bit smarter. And Zoro and Sanji fighting was as hilarious as always. I also loved how Robin used Ril to get cola for Franky. She really IS the smart one. Chopper's smart but naive, Nami's smart but greedy/temperamental, and the rest are idiots. I can't wait for the next episode, I'm willing to bet things will start to heat up.

I assure you I didn't make that pun intentionally. I feel tainted now...
Well.. I felt the same way about Don Acchino's DF power, but as you said, it's a paramecia, so it's like a weaker ver. than ace's logia fruit. I wonder how Luffy's rubber body will react to extreme heat (if i'm not mistaken, rubber is pretty immune to heat.. :s unless it's like extreme extreme heat.. :s luffy's DF sure is awesome :D ).
I wonder what kind of attacks can Acchino use with this DF other then simply heating up and touching someone.. :o

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Personally I'm not very fond of this "Ice Hunter" saga, there are too many clichè and it is very predictable. I'll hope the fight will be interesting.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I believe Don Acchino can shoot heat-waves at people. Waves of hot air. Also, since he thought he was hot enough (does it feel wrong to be talking about a man as "hot" to anyone else?) to melt Zoro's swords, I'd say he's probably hot enough to at least burn Luffy a bit, even though Luffy's rubber. This should be an interesting fight. And Luckas, what do you have against the Ice Hunter arc? I know it's not as interesting as Thriller Bark, but it's pretty good, as filler goes. It's certainly better then the filler between Skypiea and Water 7. That filler BUTCHERED the hilarious-in-the-manga Davy Back Fight.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Don Acchino was hot enough (does it feel wrong to be talking about a man as "hot" to anyone else?)
I would've made a MDLatqp style remark on that.. But I'll pass of fear of mighty Imitorar's reaction.. =D

And I too didn't understand what did you mean by "cliche", Luckas. Though you are right about it being predictable.. But still, I think it's kind of a good quality filler arc.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

If I remember right basically the only One Piece filler I watched was that with the Dragon and the little girl. Generally speaking I prefer the manga over the anime, probably this the reason I didn't like much this.

@Absulutio: From wikipedia:
A cliché (from French) is a phrase, expression, or idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty, especially when at some time it was considered distinctively forceful or novel. The term is generally used in a negative context.

ish3

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Eh, the filler so far is pretty good. I'm somewhat surprised that it's a filler. But I can't wait until next week for the new episode. Luffy may or may not fight Don (whatever his name is).

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

@Absulutio: From wikipedia:
A cliché (from French) is a phrase, expression, or idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty, especially when at some time it was considered distinctively forceful or novel. The term is generally used in a negative context.
I know what a cliche is.. :p I meant, what do you see "cliche" in this filler.. :s

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I know what a cliche is.. :p I meant, what do you see "cliche" in this filler.. :s
Sorry :darn I hope it doesn't seemed I was patronizing it wasn't my intention.
About clichè, I meant that you could imagine what will happen next easily, for example I think the exchange/fight between the 2 brothers and Luffy was easily predictable and the same was for the behavior of Sanji with the female enemy.
In more general terms, because this is a filler the authors can't really develop the characters or change anything of important, so even before the arc starts you already know that the Strawhats will fight enemies weaker than them, whom for some twist or because of the setting will get the advantage, but in the end they will be totally owned. For these reasons if the new characters aren't very interesting or the plot hasn't some peculiar elements, then the development of the plot of the filler could be considered predictable, imho.
But you should consider that I like the manga more than the anime.
I hope I made myself a little clearer :)

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Sorry :darn I hope it doesn't seemed I was patronizing it wasn't my intention.
About clichè, I meant that you could imagine what will happen next easily, for example I think the exchange/fight between the 2 brothers and Luffy was easily predictable and the same was for the behavior of Sanji with the female enemy.
In more general terms, because this is a filler the authors can't really develop the characters or change anything of important, so even before the arc starts you already know that the Strawhats will fight enemies weaker than them, whom for some twist or because of the setting will get the advantage, but in the end they will be totally owned. For these reasons if the new characters aren't very interesting or the plot hasn't some peculiar elements, then the development of the plot of the filler could be considered predictable, imho.
But you should consider that I like the manga more than the anime.
I hope I made myself a little clearer :)
First of all, It's ok. Nothing to be sorry about. Kinda figured that you misunderstood my question.. So it's ok.. ;)
And I know exactly what you mean by that.. As you said, it's a filler, so they can not develop and twist the plot or w/e, but they can make it thrilling if they use their creativity to the max, and I think they're doing quite the good job for now relativly to the other fillers..
Well.. I like the manga more than the anime because it's filler free, but generally, Anime is more appealing to me.. So I always watch the anime before I read the manga of a series.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Ep 335

Luffy finally defeated Don Appachino! (After much whacking here and there, I don't recall any 'blood' scene from any of the fights; guess that shows how weak the family was though Luffy used 2nd Gear but he didn't get exhausted after using it. hmm..) And the crew managed to get the flag back to the ship in time.

So wads next? another filler?

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

next is a chopperman special episode, then a lil break, and the anime gets back at January with the new Thriller Bark Arc. xD

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

next is a chopperman special episode, then a lil break, and the anime gets back at January with the new Thriller Bark Arc. xD
WOOT! It's finally back on track! :dance

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Well.. After the break it is! ;)

Helltroll

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Go bath scene, go! :D

And about the Icehunter arc: the alst fights were a little bit crappy but it was a relative good good filler compared to...naruto.

Last edited:

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well.. After the break it is! ;)
An exact date would be 06/01/2008 if I remember correctly.

And the omakes so far have been "not bad" while some of the Edo specials were pretty horrible IMO, so I'm hoping this Chopperman episode would at least be somewhat good.

Status
Not open for further replies.