Discussion General Episodes Discussion

Do you watch One Piece? (anime)


  • Total voters
    513
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Sorry Guys can anyone explain what u exactly mean by "Canon"?
Canon means it has happened in the manga, so it's actually real as opposed to fillers, that were added by the anime to stretch out the time.

Apis arc is a popular example of a non-canon filler arc (never happened in the manga) and lot of fights have some filler scenes to make them last longer.
 

marte1980

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Oh my god ! This is the worst episode of One Piece I have ever seen ! A true disaster !

They have close-up on people's face, make them talk but all that with a video done with images. And they re-use the same images a lot of times. They did not even try to make the people's eyes/mouth move a little as anime does normally. So, we stay for several seconds with close-up on images that they make slip.
What the hell are you talking about? You must have seen a different episode!
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

ok fug,
i was expecting this to be a good canon fight,
but heck?! I just don't like the animation style
& i don't like how they over exagerrate luffy's haki.
I mean wtf is with the light?
Oh well, hopefully next episode is better..i hope.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

What the hell are you talking about? You must have seen a different episode!
No, I am sorry but I really find this episode a disaster. :facepalm
How many times have we seen the same images in this episode and for how many seconds ? I do not talk about the dialogues or the voices, they did not do major changes in that kind of things.
I talk about the drawings and the images you SEE.
 

Qc_stryder

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

No, I am sorry but I really find this episode a disaster. :facepalm
How many times have we seen the same images in this episode and for how many seconds ? I do not talk about the dialogues or the voices, they did not do major changes in that kind of things.
I talk about the drawings and the images you SEE.
I agree. those pictures with barely any animation where very annoying. but the most annoying thing in this episode was the "twuiiiiii " sound, and it happened twice! its so irritating! stop using it! :nerve
 

gold349

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
4,127
Reaction score
896
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Luffy fighting the sisters had flashback to Senatamarou...the similarity in what Sentamarou used against him and what the sisters were doing to him he realised/sensed the same thing. Luffy having the kings disposition in terms of haki though he doesn't know it yet never mind his attacks but his defence once mastered or just used at his max capability he will have a defense better than Sentamarou and that's not bad at all...I actually liked how Luffys haki was shown.
 
Last edited:

plutie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Oh my god ! This is the worst episode of One Piece I have ever seen ! A true disaster !
I totally agree with you besides, that i think it's awesome that he will learn how to use haki. FINALLY!!!

Got tired of the gears, i wanted something new and now i'll get it wee :amuse .

Anyways, the episode was boring as hell, rough as hell, fillery as hell and poorly animated (animated not drawn).

next episode will rock though!!!!
 
Last edited:

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Are you guys serious that you're actually happy that Luffy almost went super saiyan?! I was kinda curious after I've read your comments, but yet again - that pose was nothing more but unacceptable filler animation. I was waiting for a filler comment like "Oops, I pooped my pants."

They should reduce the show to twice a month and take their time to put in the details, just take a look on what we had in the manga and what we got in the anime...




Errors: Why are Luffy's arms unwrapped in the anime? Why did they use a cheap blurring filter? Were was the foam of the fainted audience? Was Rindou censored because Oda stated that she isn't wearing anything under her jacket?

How Luffy evaded the attacks on ground were nice, fine, and most of the main characters were drawn good and appropriate - but those air doges were all... so un-one-piece-like but it's done like they did for the opening.

But: Those nasty scroll scenes with barly any sign of motion but one(!) mouth or using simple shapes ... C'mon, that's animation from the 1990's from before the manga started!

BTW... Do snakes make such a robotic sound?
 

kaizoku king

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
188
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Dominica
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

i dont know if i am being unfair but when i see spiritual pressure and ki in anime i always want them to do it like how bleach shows reiatsu case it just looks cool.

but this may be because bleach is my favorite anime but i worship one piece manga
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

i dont know if i am being unfair but when i see spiritual pressure and ki in anime i always want them to do it like how bleach shows reiatsu case it just looks cool.
Well, they show that reiatsu effect in the anime as it's shown in the manga, don't they? But I don't think that would work for One Piece. And to be true, I don't want to see that effect in any other anime than one that's based on Kubo's stories because I think it won't fit to any other style.

I'm just thinking: What's wrong with using "line effects" and hatchings which are part of Oda's drawing style? Damn, that looks like they're self-censoring it, especially for Western company buyers who don't use those techniques in their anime-style copies for little children.

BTW... That strong wind and pure white light that came up as Luffy's haoushoku broke out makes it look way stronger than Rayleigh's - and that s**ks way more. I'm waiting for the moment, the first is gonna post that Rayleigh didn't use haoushoku on the Human Auction because it looked different in the anime. :facepalm
 

monkey D luffy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
281
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

where is psycho luffy grin?? it should have been seen this time!, this episode was less then a chapter!
 
Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

I also very disappointed about some moments.
First about the sounds they use for the throwing of poison and the movements of the snake bodies.
Secondly, about the moment when the sister hit Luffy with her stick and he felt a lot of pain. Do you realize that they avoid to show clearly the hit by making it very quickly ?
Thirdly, when Luffy was falling, but just before he spreaded his legs (it lasts a second), do you see how they drew the tower ? It looks like a plan of solid geometry you can do with your computer and a software. It is not realistic at all. This is the same thing with the ground when Luffy is running (it lasts a second too), shouting to the sister to stop : they had just told him they would break the statues. And again the same thing with the ground when Luffy is running towards Margaret'statue after he did the Haki stage.
Fourthly, when they draw the crowd and make close-up, they often show the people with the mouth opened and with the tooth and the tongue visible whereas they are speaking. By making such a thing lasts, we find that it is not realistic : it looks like the person is totally motionless whereas they make the crowd talking/shouting.
Fifthly, when the sister plays to throw Margaret'statue, normally it would not have stays in the same position she was holding it. Just impossible knowing the shape of the statue.
 

Mythsoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

hmmmmm just saw the episodes......yes at times the animation was kinda crappy....but o well.....the episodes it self wasn't that bad......could be worse....
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

@ Lord Rayleigh: I agree with you. Read the chapter and it's incredible how much better than the anime episode it was, nonetheless I enjoyed it immensely (not a manga reader). These days you just have to enjoy the episode as much as you can since there's no point in doing otherwise then hope another Ace vs Blackbeard-ish episode arrives.


On another note: One Piece Streaming Announcement Tomorrow
I wonder what they're going to decide. They did twitter it was good news someone said. With UTSF's release rate lately it doesn't matter much, but I doubt they can keep it up for long.
 
Last edited:

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

On another note: One Piece Streaming Announcement Tomorrow
I wonder what they're going to decide. They did twitter it was good news someone said. With UTSF's release rate lately it doesn't matter much, but I doubt they can keep it up for long.
What else could they announce as that they restart streaming those episodes... US-only (+proxies) of course.
 

Shadoguardian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
540
Reaction score
210
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

In all honesty I'm impressed at how well they managed to stretch the chapters in the episode. Fact-of-the-matter is that when all the battling starts, they're going to start compressing several chapters into a single episode. I kind of prefer them stretching stretching individual chapters in certain episodes, thus allowing the manga to race ahead, than rushing it by compressing several chapters into a single episode, and outracing the manga, and then wasting our time later with useless and numerous filler episodes like they do in Bleach. I sadly lost interest in the Bleach anime since they insisted on doing that.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

What else could they announce as that they restart streaming those episodes... US-only (+proxies) of course.
Yep, IIRC Lance said the goal is to get license to air outside US but probably going to take a long while.


@Shadoguardian: I agree with you on Bleach (and to some extent Naruto), but honestly I doubt they'll compress more than 2 chapters in all the upcoming battles. Only the epic ones that come every once in a while. I still prefer it this way though. But I wouldn't mind good small filler arcs like G8 for faster pacing in canon episodes. Long as it's not boring.



Anyway, it's announced: streaming to relaunch 29th August. Don't go around compromising their security now :p
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Latest Episodes Discussion

Even though I could watch legal streaming One Piece on August 29th, I'm going to stick with my HD fan subbing group. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top