Mobile - General Mobile Phone Thread | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mobile General Mobile Phone Thread

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I got a S21 Ultra recently because there was an offer. I have a S9+ for a work phone. Can't really tell the differences between the two but yet to test out the new phone.

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I got a S21 Ultra recently because there was an offer. I have a S9+ for a work phone. Can't really tell the differences between the two but yet to test out the new phone.

The difference will show in the camera and battery life.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The difference will show in the camera and battery life.
The camera does seem better. Well there's like 5 lenses on the new one.

The screen is bigger when watching stuff and that's noticeable.

I do have a product defect with the film over the screen puffing out and I can't push the air out.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
The camera does seem better. Well there's like 5 lenses on the new one.

The screen is bigger when watching stuff and that's noticeable.

I do have a product defect with the film over the screen puffing out and I can't push the air out.
That is the screen protector coming off. If you want you should replace it with a glass one.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That is the screen protector coming off. If you want you should replace it with a glass one.
I'll probably ask Samsung to replace it, if it's under warranty. Not sure if replacing with a different thing would void the warranty?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll probably ask Samsung to replace it, if it's under warranty. Not sure if replacing with a different thing would void the warranty?
As long as the issue you're having is to do with the screen protector and not the screen itself, you can just buy a tempered glass screen protector. It won't void your warranty.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
I do not think a screen protector will come under warranty as it is not a part of the phone. It is an external product like a sticker or a case. They will charge you money to replace it with the same flimsy plastic screen protector. It is much better to spend some money and get a good UV Glass screen protector.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Thanks, I'll definitely look into upgrading the protector. Kinda annoying they didn't just do that in the beginning.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks, I'll definitely look into upgrading the protector. Kinda annoying they didn't just do that in the beginning.
Be glad that they even gave the protector. They are removing everything nowadays. Very soon you might have to purchase each smartphone part separately. lol

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Be glad that they even gave the protector. They are removing everything nowadays. Very soon you might have to purchase each smartphone part separately. lol
That was hilarious. So the next move in smartphone technology is to have the end user do self assembly? :lmao

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I can get cases sold separately, but not a film over the screen. Unless it can be installed DIY.

I did notice I didn't receive a wall adapter, so they are skimping on stuff.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
That was hilarious. So the next move in smartphone technology is to have the end user do self assembly? :lmao
Yep. Apple is going to remove the charging port next. Soon, other brands will follow.

It might happen if they make modular smartphones.

I can get cases sold separately, but not a film over the screen. Unless it can be installed DIY.

I did notice I didn't receive a wall adapter, so they are skimping on stuff.
Chargers were removed with the S20 series. A Rupees one lakh phone does not come with a charger. Meanwhile, I am going to buy a phone costing Rupees 17,000 which comes with earphones and a charger. At this point, Premium phones are money black holes. You pay more for less. Budget phones are the best value for money nowadays.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chargers were removed with the S20 series. A Rupees one lakh phone does not come with a charger. Meanwhile, I am going to buy a phone costing Rupees 17,000 which comes with earphones and a charger. At this point, Premium phones are money black holes. You pay more for less. Budget phones are the best value for money nowadays.
The charger's are a fair omission I suppose, since we all have old one's. And some placed have GPO's with USB-A and USB-C too. They give you a cord at least (for now?). I've never had a reliable set of headphones that came with a mobile. The S21 doesn't have the standard jack tho.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
The charger's are a fair omission I suppose, since we all have old one's. And some placed have GPO's with USB-A and USB-C too. They give you a cord at least (for now?). I've never had a reliable set of headphones that came with a mobile. The S21 doesn't have the standard jack tho.
I think the charger is very important. If you use old chargers, you are not taking advantage of the charging speeds. This guy explains it much better than me.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone making the switch to the Samsung 22 ultra? Have the note 20 currently and its 2 years old. I'm making the switch.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'll trade in my One Plus and get the most recent one. It's been nearly 3 years since I've had mine now. Jeez.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the Pixel 6 pro.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking of going for the 1+ if good ol Sammy Sam took away the note series. I use the s pen so it comes in handy .

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My last 3 phones have been Pixels and I'm pretty satisfied with them. The Pixel 6 Pro is the first one I've gotten that doesn't seem to be lagging far behind spec-wise, but I don't game on my phone so less relevant. But the 12gb of memory is definitely useful, they used to always skimp out.