Support General Suggestions

Aleyr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
146
Reaction score
12
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I got a suggestion for the "My Reading List", add a couple more status, for example I really can't say I'm reading Historie because I already read all that's scanlated, so if there was a status like "waiting for releases" or "pending" I would use that (this also benefits groups because they can search for mangas with this status). Another status can be "waiting for volume" in my country (Mexico) Tsubasa and xxxHolic are being published locally so I'm waiting for the volumes (may also apply for HQ taikobuns scans).

I think as least the "pending" status would be a fine addition.
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I can't seem to post joint releases which is very annoying... Plus, the whole "adding the manga" thing when you want to post chapters for a new series is long. I don't want to fill in any of those details. It's just longness. Before, I used to post releases on MH cause it was quick to do now it's just long, it's very demotivating. Like I no longer see any benefit in doing so, none at all..

Also, people are always going to be uploading their back log of releases as more groups "sign up" they will feel the need to announce everything they have done in the past (which I dont get surely that's what mangaupdates is for). I generally only check this site for WSJ releases all the series I actually like I get updates for on MU, but, now it's a hassle to get releases for even the crappy WSJ stuff that's releases every week. I would like new stuff to be seperated from old releases.

Let's be honest I'm lazy, most people are lazy I don't want to "search" for settings and functions and all that Jazz. If people wanted a more efficient system they wouldn't be using this site to look for their releases in the first place. I want ease and I don't want to have to be logged in and tinker around with settings to get it.

That's it really.

1) Joint projects
2) Long ass process for newly scanlated series.
3) Longness in general.
4) Seperating new releases from old releases. In the "latest" Edited Manga bit.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
When browsing manga's you can search by magazine, i was wondering if you can make it where the list is 'current' manga's and then have a option to look at past series?

I know to look at what series are running in magazines so it would be nice to be able to sort by 'current' magazine titles.
To see only the current running titles, select Ongoing in the Status, in either the Browse or Find Manga pages. :) To see the past series, select Finished and Cancelled.


the whole "adding the manga" thing when you want to post chapters for a new series is long. I don't want to fill in any of those details.
The benefit is to link everything to do with that series together so that other people can find your releases when they search the manga. I thought that's the most basic step. o_O

Well, the minimum you should fill in is the manga title and the author. You can leave the rest blank and an admin will take care of it.
 
Last edited:

kiniro

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I just have a little suggestion, I am currently translating Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar into spanish and its name is all in capital letters. Like this (PYUU TO FUKU JAGUAR) and is kinda ugly. Would you mind to change it for " Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar " Thanks a lot!.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I just have a little suggestion, I am currently translating Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar into spanish and its name is all in capital letters. Like this (PYUU TO FUKU JAGUAR) and is kinda ugly. Would you mind to change it for " Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar " Thanks a lot!.
Ah, actually, the manga was already in the database as Jaguar. But, no problem. Already changed. :)
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
The benefit is to link everything to do with that series together so that other people can find your releases when they search the manga. I thought that's the most basic step. o_O

Well, the minimum you should fill in is the manga title and the author. You can leave the rest blank and an admin will take care of it.
The name of the manga will be in the chapter title, release post etc As for the author and all that, surely that's what Mangaupdates is for. Who on gods green earth would come here to find out something like that?
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Actually we already have that on MH, just not noticeable before (one of the disadvantages of thread system - the first posts are all skipped). If you check the manga discussion thread, we add when we can info on the manga on the first post.

Example:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1554

The manga page is necessary to tie up the raws, translations and Edited Mangas together. Otherwise we won't have something to connect the elements into one centralized place. That's why we need a manga page, and what else can be written on a manga page other than the info for that manga.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
1) Joint projects
2) Long ass process for newly scanlated series.
3) Longness in general.
4) Seperating new releases from old releases. In the "latest" Edited Manga bit.
1) We're working on it, really ><
2) Just filling in the manga title is enough, we can take care of the rest^^
3) I don't see how it takes longer than using the previous system with prefixes.
4) We've got that taken care of with the new http://mangahelpers.com/manga/ page.

I'll update when we fixed the joints problem~
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hi there njt,

I have a request... This is an Idea I've discussed with Tsukisama long ago but he told to wait for the Beta-version to throw this Idea in.

As you are aware, MH is a very popular Website with hundreds of posts every day. And that's were my request comes in... Sometimes when you write a comment and log out for an X-Amount of time, With many posts covering your's, you have to go back and check if you've been quoted and know what has been said about your ideas... ( Its even more annoying in the main forums like naruto and bleach ) Especialy when you write alot in many different forums.

So, Maybe place in the control panel -- Or any place you see fit -- a space that notify you that you've been quoted in a discussion or anyother forums...
 
Last edited:

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
433
Reaction score
293
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
A question/suggestion about editing functions... not sure if this has been posted before. I tried checking through the suggestion threads here and the comments on news posts but couldn't see it. Apologies in advance if this has been said before.

Under Message Editor Interface, I have "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" selected, and as far as I can tell, that always at least allowed me to see... well, basically what I'm seeing now: options for font, bold, italics, colour, insert link, etc, no matter what I was doing. So whether I was adding a new thread, replying to a thread, or editing a post or comment. Now I can't see any of that when I go to edit my translation pages, so am having to add in the codes manually. It seems to only be an issue when I edit translations on the new design (not in the main/old forum areas, and not when I post for the first time). I realise this is entirely laziness on my part, but any chance of that being added back into the new design, at very least for editing translations?

And in general, thanks so much for all the hard work, the site looks great. The new design has really grown on me in the last few days now that I've been poking around more, and can I just say that I'm ridiculously excited about the new customised shoutbox - it's hot :3
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
I have a suggestion:

In the translators pages, the list of "series" translated by the translator that are shown in the right sidebar, it could be great if those could be divided in "Active", "Finished" and "Dropped", so that the users can see which projects is the translator currently doing and which did he drop.

What do you think?
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Random thought, but it'd be nice to be able to preview a translation before posting it in the first place. You can preview it when you edit it, but not when you're posting it the first time :amuse
 

Digitalr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
106
Reaction score
44
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ability to go to the series page for translations, it's possible for Edited Mangas "Go to SERIESNAME" but not for translations.. Which is kind of weird
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
I got another idea for the reading list, which per se was a great idea:

how about something like bookmarks, where the user can manually fill in "read up to chapter xyz" ? I think it would be good to have it, especially for mangaseries that already have quite an amount of chapters when you start to read them but don't have time to read every week and thus forget where you were ~ my opinion so far and I'd like to read what you are thinking about it.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I got another idea for the reading list, which per se was a great idea:

how about something like bookmarks, where the user can manually fill in "read up to chapter xyz" ? I think it would be good to have it, especially for mangaseries that already have quite an amount of chapters when you start to read them but don't have time to read every week and thus forget where you were ~ my opinion so far and I'd like to read what you are thinking about it.
We have something planned that works along these lines^^
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Two quick suggestions, not sure if they're posted already or not:

1. Give Specials, one-shot, omake, etc. (except Tanks) their RTS. Also, if possible, use some kind of system to allow them to appear on the shout box ;)

2. Allow people the ability to submit descriptions/corrections to the manga series pages. Sometimes there are errors in the spelling of the author, missing description (I know I've added a few series without the descriptions :scry...), missing magazine serializations to them.

That's about it! :)
 

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
why is the site background orange? it s*cks really bad. really. or am i the only one who see the background this way?

 
Last edited:

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just you. :amuse For most, it looks like this:



No idea how you did it though. Did you do something to FF?
 

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
nope. it's back to normal though. why are the tribals gone? the background is so empty without them. *miss*
 

pirkaf

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
I was wondering....is it possible to change the banner?
the 3 kids in there don't look like manga characters at all, and since this is a manga site I guess it'd be better to have something that represents the japanese drawing style. (just a suggestion)
 
Top