WELL we did talk about the manga ka s in a thread..Y now talk about the super smart guys in the mangas...
in my Op the greatest geniuses in the manga is
Light
L both in Death note
Akiyama in liar game
Johan Liebert in Monster
There are quite a few geniuses in manga, but I can't remember that many just now, so instead I'll just mention ones I do know, but which you didn't mention:
Falcon from Bloody Monday - He can hack into any computer and system, not even the pentagon stands a chance.
Hikaru from Hikaru no Go - Young boy learns how to play Go and we see him become even better than his teacher.
Urahara Kisuke from Bleach - Creator of various tools, and founder of the Research Bureau thing.
Medaka from Medaka Box - She packs a brain above those over-seized boobs.
I'll post if I can think of anyone else.
@Shaheer's post below mine, you already said Akiyama, of course he's a genius.
I think he was just mentioning characters that you didn't . Oh and after reading aki's post, I've remembered some more:
- Orihara Maya (buxom babe from Bloody Monday, who although slutty, is a very dangerous intelectual)
- Edogawa Conan (don't really read Detective Conan, but you gotta hand it to the kid even if he is a crime magnet)
- Arsène Lupin III (Lupin III)
@Shaheer - CrudeCross is correct, you already mentioned my favorite genius.
Toua Tokuchi from One Outs - imagine if Akiyama were a pitcher in major league baseball, likes the get in people's psyche.
Tom Shirasagi from Gamble Fish - a gambler who goes around school earning money by using strategy and educated gambling.
Bak Madarame from Usogui - Another gamber manga, it's darker, more blood and thrilling arcs with a mastermind.
Manabizaki Kyou from SWOT - He fights with a freaking book, always thinks about calculations to inflict damage.
Ummm, I think both Kissu and Beet from Beet the vandal buster can be consider a genius. It’s quite depend, do you mean genius as in ‘genius’ general and only the smarty brain? That’ll shorten or broaden the list quite a fair bit.
I’m pretty sure Aizen, Gin, and Hitsugaya can be consider a genius either way, of course, they’re all from Bleach.
Well, the rest really depend on the ‘genius’ definition. I’ll wait until I post more.
I think genius in this case would mean intelligent. All the examples we've seen so far are intelligent characters. I did think about including Hyuuga Neji and Uchiha Sasuke, but then I realized they really aren't geniuses despite what the manga tells us. They're still pretty smart though, and can be considered "geniuses" when it comes to fighting.
Yoshitune from Air Gear (He’s smart, and have the guts to back it up.)
Sanzenin Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku (She skip the grade, even through he play all those game. My hat’s off to her.)
Agata Kojiro from Sket Dan (IG 160, can read and manipulate people quite well. He solved the question without hearing it, that’s pure genius)
Kanzaki Urumi from GTO (IQ 200, enough to burst your school without your teacher being able to do anything. Oh, and she also correct her teacher.)
Kotomi from Clannad (Not too sure if I can include her, but Clannad is a light novel both made into manga and anime, so I’ll just include her. She’s top of her class and calculate how to hit a baseball’s ball at the right angle. That’s smart, although her body’s not good enough to keep up with it.)
And from here on there’ll be some spoiler. Don’t read them if you don’t want to be spoil.
Kindaichi from Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo (He’s like connan, solving impossible case.)
Abidani from Gamble Fish (Come on, he SOLVED the Riemann Hypothesis, at least in the manga. That’s a genius, no? Also, he made his own Abidani’s space and Abidani’s formula in mathematics. That’s enough for me to call a guy a genius for being able to do things like that.)
Jumonji Akira from Gamble Fish also (He’s a genius investor. It’s not quite mention how old he is but he is mention to be quite young. My guess is that he’s probably 20. It’s mention when he graduated he went and create his company in America so I assume he would be around that age. He have 100 floors building and one billion yen that he’s working with. That’s enough money for me to call whomever earn that smart, as long as it’s not from inheritance.)
I guess Ed and Alphonse from FMA can be called geniuses too. They are pretty young and such great alchemists. Their heads are full of knowledge that is not normsl for their ages.
I choose Bossun from SKET DANCE. Sometimes he acts stupid but when he uses his special ability of concentration (XD), it's pretty cool. He thinks like a detective without actually being one.
He's more people smart than he appears. His personality attracts people, helps them find their place in the world. Genius isn't just about book learning, I think.
My all-time favorite genius will be L and after him N, from Death Note...Mello wasn't bad, but not like them...of course for the record Kira would be okay, and the guy in my sig and avy as well
Asada Ryuutarou from Team Medical Dragon. He is a genius surgeon who is not afraid of fighting for what he believes in. He doesn’t care about the politics within the medical world; all he cares about is helping his patients and saving lives. He is able to perform difficult surgeries with precision and rapidity. His methods might be unconventional but they show how much of a genius and how much of a brilliant man he is.
Tatsumi Takeshi from Giant Killing. He is a genius soccer player/coach who is able to transform weak and unconfident teams into strong, confident and awesome teams capable of defeating giants.
I don't think anyone has even come close to Shinichi Kudo intellectual and deductive skill. Not even kindaichi. Shinichi deductive skill is strongly supported by his knowledge and book smart too using forensic evidence. While kindaichi is mostly supported by murderers errors from killing too many people.
Comparatively heiji hattori is also worth mentioning. Though shinichi's father may still be better. I'm confident shinichi can come up with all Light/L/akiyama/yokoya thoughts in a split second.
Nah ..shinichi is smart but I doubt he can ever come up to doing what Light /L or Aki/ yokoya can do ..forget split second...most and almost All of the D Conan case solving is forced..he gets sth suspicious and extrapolates it till he gets a decisive result. so Basically he takes a Hunch to verification ..and because its a manga which stars Kudo the Hunch that he takes on alwas is the right answer...
read D conan for a while but seriously got tired of it due to these flaws ..... D conan ruins the mood that is set up by Sherlock Holmes or arsenal Lupin or ones like that....
that doesnt mean that he is not a genius...he has a very sharp brain and can be considered a genius (all of the above is according to my Op, it s not athat you must share mine)
though Kudos dad is smarter than Kudo.
and i think Schierke from berserk is a genius witch
and not to mention The white Hawk Griffith ..he is one darn genius . battle stategy fighting capability convincing .chivalry and assassination directing name it .that guy has it all...though it doenst mean that i like him....i dun like Griffith that much
He's more people smart than he appears. His personality attracts people, helps them find their place in the world. Genius isn't just about book learning, I think.
I think this quote is referring to Bossun? If not, I'm sorry!
I think he's people smart too. We're not sure what he's like academically, but he's very good at solving riddles and making them. That takes special talent all on its own.
From the same series, I would also put Agata up there as well. His IQ of a 160 isn't as impressive as those over 200 like several of the characters mentioned (LOL) but he's still pretty smart. Like Bossun, he's a people-smart character as well.
Yeah, I was referring to Bossun. You summed him up better than I could. His problem solving skills come and go, depending on the chapter, but he is amazing at getting to the heart of the matter.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.