Discussion Geniuses in the Mangaverse

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
well Drr was based on a Light Novel, so ya there might be a manga
other than that Ko from Arakawa is a genius business man and in compared to the idiots around him he does look like super intellectual :D
 

Bromamura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
273
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale probably qualifies. If I remember correctly he gains full mastery over most things at a rapid rate, excels academically + artistically and was able to learn any martial arts from just observing for a few minutes.

Mayuri - Nemu seems to be quite a complex creation, then there's all the self modifications, bacteria used for spying, limb regrowing syrums, dummy organs, and of course the superman drug.
 
Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Victorique from Gosick

She is like a loli female version of Sherlock Holmes. She shows her outstanding intellect when she easily solves the mysteries and “reconstruct the pieces of chaos”. She notices stuff nobody else does, and it is nice how her petite figure and young age contracts with how wise, perceptive and intelligent she is.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
L from Death Note, Itachi and Kakashi from Naruto, Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Robin and Nami from One Piece, and Heiji and Shinichi from Detective Conan are the geniuses of mangaverse. The intellect they show and their analytical abilities are among the best.

Though, honorable mentions go to Yagami Light and Minato from Death Note and Naruto respectively.
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think most intellectual dudes have already mentioned; but has anyone mentioned Ichinomiya Kou from Arakawa? He's a genius in pretty much every way, living purely off his own skillz since the age of 1...:sweatbunny And then he went on to become some Tokyo-U graduate and a billionaire or something.

Speaking of Tokyo-U, reminds me of Narushima Ryo from Shamo. Wow...that guy has brains and brawns. Unfair.

But I was going to talk about sports genius's like Agon, and Sena from Eyeshield, and Echizen and Tezuka from PoT. All dudes with incredible physical ability. Or, there's guys who pick stuff up really, really quickly like monsters, like Naruto? (I had a better example in mind, then I forgot who it was...:darn)

That's about it for now :XD

I really wish I had light/L's brain right now, I'm in my final year of HS as well. Full marks would be nice.:p
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think most intellectual dudes have already mentioned; but has anyone mentioned Ichinomiya Kou from Arakawa? He's a genius in pretty much every way, living purely off his own skillz since the age of 1...:sweatbunny And then he went on to become some Tokyo-U graduate and a billionaire or something.
It is very interesting that you would mention Ric as a genius and you are totally right, he is. I guess the fact that inside the village things are a “bit” different than in regular societies and the fact that Ric is surrounded by people that are very peculiar :D are the reasons why Ric’s intelligent, abilities and achievements go almost unnoticed.
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, everyone under the Bridge treats him like an idiot :sweatbunny

I mean, obviously kappa's magic trick of transforming into a young man was...>.>
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Dr Tenma from Urasawa Naoki's Monster is a genius! It's awesome how he's able to perform such complicated and difficult surgeries with such ease. I guess it's ironic that in some ways it was his own genius in being able to save a certain little boy that sent his life spiraling out of control.

As mentioned in the OP, Johan from the same manga is a genius as well.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Well I would say that Fujimaru Takagi aka Falcon is pretty much a genius...from the manga Bloody Monday...and we have other geniuses as well, like [J] or Peter Pan...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Wizard level hackers at that age can be considered geniuses I suppose:amuse
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Asada from Team Medical Dragon is a freakin' genius as well. He's basically one of the best doctors who operated on a beating heart for an experiment, twice, succeeding each time. THe success rate, if I recall, is very low but Asada succeeded each time. The funny thing is, he couldn't concentrate as well the first time because he didn't have the great staff he required, like an anesthesiologist, so he had to keep check on other stuff, but he was still successful. When he did get the staff he wanted, not only was he successful again, but Asada finished the operation much quicker than the first time or anyone thought possible. Truly a genius. :shakefist

Falcon's awesome as well.
 

Scorch Ya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Most intelligent anime/manga characters?

I love anime/manga characters who use their wits and mind power to get through.

Shikamaru Nara
L Lawliet
Light Yagami
Shinichi Akiyama
Norihiko Yokoya
Reinhard von Lohengramm
Yang Wenli
Toua Tokuchi
Johan Liebert
Lelough

I think these are the smartest characters in any anime/manga but I might have missed some....I love the strategically intelligent ones the most...anyway who you got?

[tmod=Asarii]Moved the post/thread here. :)[/tmod]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Edward and Alphonse from FMA are also geniuses. They studied alchemy on their own and became very good at it, especially Edward. They definitely need to be mentioned!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Most intelligent anime/manga characters?

Toua Tokuchi

I think these are the smartest characters in any anime/manga but I might have missed some....I love the strategically intelligent ones the most...anyway who you got?
I am glad to see Tokuchi is on your list ~. :^_^ For those who don't recognize the name, he is from a baseball manga called One Outs by Shinobu kaitani, who also illustrates/writes Liar Game. :)
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Yeah i like Tokuchi too...Wish there were a cross over of liar game and one outs so we could see Tokuchi vs Akiama
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah i like Tokuchi too...Wish there were a cross over of liar game and one outs so we could see Tokuchi vs Akiama
That would be so awesome. Tokuchi is rich enough to be one of the financial supporters of the LGT office.
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
Rubel from Claymore?
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I would say Killua from HxH is a genius as well...his circumstances probably didn't allow any other option for him though:p
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Mashima Taichi from Chihayafuru

He seems to win pretty much every sports contest he joins and he is, without putting any effort into it, the best student in his class.
 

Bromamura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
273
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Dr Tenma from Pluto, according to his fellow great robot creators. And just look at Astro.
 
Last edited:
Top