Discussion - Germa 66 and Nazism | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Germa 66 and Nazism

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the title says it all. In recent chapters you can see their banners and the like. You can even clearly make out the thunderbolts which for the ones who do not know stands for SS (Schutzstaffel in GERMAn). The SS were the hands of the holocaust amongst a ton of other horrible shit. Anyways, at first they were just the protective unit for the top important guys in Hitler's Nazi GERMAny but they grew to be a lot more sophisticated. Not only that they experimented on subjects using drugs to try to create super soldiers that can have more stamina, endurance, etc. So there is a breif history of the SS.

I was thinking, the soldiers in the capsules are probably engineered to be not only loyal but also exception fighters. Basically they are engineered like pacifistas but these are not cyborgs or are they? Oda actually hasn't showed that they aren't yet. Like the SS, Germa is conducting experiements and seems to "create" an army in a lab. That's actually pretty smart if you ask me.

I wonder what kind of special attributes the Germa 66 would add to their soldiers? This is probably what Big Mom wants. The enhancement tech that the Germa posess. At any rate, this points to the whole Vinsmoke family as having enhancements. Kind of like implants. I mean if you can make your boys stronger why not make yourself even tougher? I want to go a little further and say that the individuals in their army can be repaired. I mean sure bad guys friendly fire like Judge all the time in mangas and anime. "Wall" might be a test of loyalty but damn sacrificing your people like that is a waste even if you have a ton of them. It'd make sense for their technology to be able to heal and repair them.

Seeing those capsules for the first time instantly reminded me of DBZ (dbz is a huge source of inspiration for OP), especially the part on Namek when everyone used those healing capsules. Reminded me of resident evil too...anyways I digress. What I'm trying the say is their technology prowess seems to be a rival to Vegapunk's. We do not know the extent of Vegapunk's geniusness but we do know that Sanji cracked the neck of a older model pacifista and we were told that they costed a battleship to make. Funding aint cheap. Judge kicked Sanji's ass. So Judge is more powerful than the said pacifista. Did his technology help make him that powerful? If so, then great, Big Mom can make some good use of this for her forces. Germa's tech is probably beyond your ordinary OP country just like how the Germans had some beefy military technlogy at the time (good thing they didn't create the atom bomb first). If you cannot buy Vegapunk since he's already in bed with the world government, you can get his rivals, Ceasar Clown and the Germa 66. If I was a Yonko I'd like to make use of that.

While I don't think it is a bad thing to use Nazi Germany as an inspiration in a manga, I think it is overused now as an idea. But since it is Oda, I know it will be great and will be better than the Nazi's from Bleach. Thanks for reading and good night.

Last edited:

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's also the fact that Germa 66's flag heavily resembles that of the Scandinavian Flags, which might relate to the Nordic Race (Blond, blue-eyed). How the flag relates to Nazism is something I have no clue (not yet at least).

On another note, it would definitely make a lot of sense for Germa 66 to join the BM Pirates, especially when she can provide them with valuable informations and support (for whatever goal Judge is looking forward to) while she could utilize their technology to her advantage and maybe even overpower other rivaled Yonko (especially when the Beasts Pirates suffered a great loss from the lack of SMILES after the factory got destroyed).
But yes, I can sortoff see the heavily resemblance of Germa 66 being an inspiration of Nazism.

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the title says it all. In recent chapters you can see their banners and the like. You can even clearly make out the thunderbolts which for the ones who do not know stands for SS (Schutzstaffel in GERMAn). The SS were the hands of the holocaust amongst a ton of other horrible shit. Anyways, at first they were just the protective unit for the top important guys in Hitler's Nazi GERMAny but they grew to be a lot more sophisticated. Not only that they experimented on subjects using drugs to try to create super soldiers that can have more stamina, endurance, etc. So there is a breif history of the SS.

I was thinking, the soldiers in the capsules are probably engineered to be not only loyal but also exception fighters. Basically they are engineered like pacifistas but these are not cyborgs or are they? Oda actually hasn't showed that they aren't yet. Like the SS, Germa is conducting experiements and seems to "create" an army in a lab. That's actually pretty smart if you ask me.

I wonder what kind of special attributes the Germa 66 would add to their soldiers? This is probably what Big Mom wants. The enhancement tech that the Germa posess. At any rate, this points to the whole Vinsmoke family as having enhancements. Kind of like implants. I mean if you can make your boys stronger why not make yourself even tougher? I want to go a little further and say that the individuals in their army can be repaired. I mean sure bad guys friendly fire like Judge all the time in mangas and anime. "Wall" might be a test of loyalty but damn sacrificing your people like that is a waste even if you have a ton of them. It'd make sense for their technology to be able to heal and repair them.

Seeing those capsules for the first time instantly reminded me of DBZ (dbz is a huge source of inspiration for OP), especially the part on Namek when everyone used those healing capsules. Reminded me of resident evil too...anyways I digress. What I'm trying the say is their technology prowess seems to be a rival to Vegapunk's. We do not know the extent of Vegapunk's geniusness but we do know that Sanji cracked the neck of a older model pacifista and we were told that they costed a battleship to make. Funding aint cheap. Judge kicked Sanji's ass. So Judge is more powerful than the said pacifista. Did his technology help make him that powerful? If so, then great, Big Mom can make some good use of this for her forces. Germa's tech is probably beyond your ordinary OP country just like how the Germans had some beefy military technlogy at the time (good thing they didn't create the atom bomb first). If you cannot buy Vegapunk since he's already in bed with the world government, you can get his rivals, Ceasar Clown and the Germa 66. If I was a Yonko I'd like to make use of that.

While I don't think it is a bad thing to use Nazi Germany as an inspiration in a manga, I think it is overused now as an idea. But since it is Oda, I know it will be great and will be better than the Nazi's from Bleach. Thanks for reading and good night.
I agree check this out
@TitaniumOxide

Last edited: