Semifinal - Gildarts vs. Suzaku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Gildarts vs. Suzaku

Who wins?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 26 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Gildarts Clive
Suzaku

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: September 11th, 2021

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Im pretty sure Suzaku is gonna win here, but Gildarts should be stronger

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Suzaku until Gildarts proves otherwise

Im pretty sure Suzaku is gonna win here, but Gildarts should be stronger
How?

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I feel like Gildarts's hax magic works best against caster type mages, especially those like Jellal and God Serena who often use heavy AoE spells, rendering their magic useless and forcing them into cqc by breaking their spells apart, but that won't help him against an opponent like Suzaku who is a pure cqc type. I think Gildarts would put up more resistance than Erza did due to his skill, power, and speed. So, it won't be a one shot, I think GIldarts would put up a borderline low diff against Suzaku. I just don't see Gildarts doing much damage against Selene.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Guys, please don't vote Gildarts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fairy Tail still consider Gildarts their strongest. We know Natsu, Erza and others eventually will beat Susaku and other DK like all the times.
Where is it said that FT still consider him as their strongest?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Fairy Tail still consider Gildarts their strongest. We know Natsu, Erza and others eventually will beat Susaku and other DK like all the times.
Yeah, when that happens we'll see. Until then he gets no-low diff'd, if not outright one shot

Where is it said that FT still consider him as their strongest?
At least in Alverez he was. When he fought August, it was described as something like strongest of FT vs strongest of Alverez? Don't remember

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the early chapters of 100 year quest he was stated as the strongest but we all know that doesn't matter since Gildarts isn't doing anything to a DG nor do I see him being capable of low diffing any of the currently strongest FT like Erza and Natsu like Suzaku did.

His only option is crush which the chances of landing are pretty close to zero.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Suzaku one-shots.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Im voting Gildarts, his sliding power scale and hax mean he’s as strong as Georg or whoever is the pinnacle of Diablos at this moment.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bruh that title was given to natsu once he defeated Aldo.

But anyways Suzuku wins high diff

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
We don't know about Gildarts for now. If he is still the S-Class's strongest, I don't think he is far from Laxus and Erza right now. Even if the Quartet will be destroy, at this time, Suzaku's power is far from every FT's members by some mergin for now by feats.
Suzaku for the win, without any trouble.

This gap will be reverse in close future with the War vs Diabolos without any explanations from Mashima.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Im voting Gildarts, his sliding power scale and hax mean he’s as strong as Georg or whoever is the pinnacle of Diablos at this moment.
So headcanon it hurts. Gildarts can heavily damage Acno tiers? Lul

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
We don't know about Gildarts for now. If he is still the S-Class's strongest, I don't think he is far from Laxus and Erza right now. Even if the Quartet will be destroy, at this time, Suzaku's power is far from every FT's members by some mergin for now by feats.
Suzaku for the win, without any trouble.

This gap will be reverse in close future with the War vs Diabolos without any explanations from Mashima.
ur right we dont know but at the same time he has no feats to back it up plus he doesnt have dragon slayer magic to even hurt a dragon 2 what suzuku is doing is better than what gildartz has shown plus selene>august

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
ur right we dont know but at the same time he has no feats to back it up plus he doesnt have dragon slayer magic to even hurt a dragon 2 what suzuku is doing is better than what gildartz has shown plus selene>august
Yes for sure. This is why I give my vote to Suzaku. Like I said, "currently", Suzaku for the win, without any trouble. Suzaku's level is "currently" far above any FT's members.

This power level will be reverse in close Future.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Suzaku destroys him. The reason Gildarts was said to be the strongest member of FT in the beginning of the quest could just be because Natsu couldn't activate Dragon Force at his will at that point in time. I am more inclined to believe Natsu learnt to use his Dragon Force at his whim after he ate Ignia's flames , i.e. combining Ignia's flames helped him gain control over his power better. If you look at it Natsu had been placed in life threatening circumstances a few times before , such as when Zeref trapped him in his magic and left him completely vulnerable to a lethal attack , or when he got swallowed by Mercphobia's ocean , DF didn't activate back then. That combined with Natsu's emphasis on Ignia's flames points to the conclusion that he gained authority over his powers just recently.

That said , I am only considering Gildarts' Alvarez performance as of now since that's all we've got to go off at this moment. But I do believe Gildarts can give a good fight or even defeat a Black Dragon Slayer Knight when he comes back. As far as the issue of defeating the BDSK's is concerned , from my perspective it will just end with us not seeing their Dragon forms ever. They may be Acnologia tier dragons when they tap into their full potential in their Dragon form , but we do know transforming into a human significantly limits them from drawing out their entire ability. The same holds true for Acnologia as well. And we also know that being defeated in the human form also results in them being equally injured regardless of their Dragon form , as evidenced from Selene's defeat. We will most likely get the FT top tier class reaching Human Acnologia level by the time they defeat the BDSK's , and the knights will taste defeat in their human forms without getting the opportunity to tap into their dragon forms at all , pretty similar to what happened with Selene. Could be plot due to which they don't use their dragon form , but hey we're pretty used to it at this point , we know what to expect.

All in all I wrote this to show that the idea of Gildarts beating a BDSK isn't completely out of the world. He however lacks the feats for that at this point in time , and speculation should be avoided for the sake of the tournament. Gildarts doesn't need to be Dragon Acno level to beat them in their human form. But as of now , he gets stomped.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts is still known as FT's strongest in 100YQ, so he cleans up the likes of Laxus and Erza. He's probably gonna beat a black knight, someone has to. However the tournament is about feats, so Suzaku no diffs him, no one has a chance against Suzaku, not even Natsu.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gildarts stomps
but suzaku will win anyways cause suzaku wank never goes away
Jellal and erza should have moved on but suzaku wank stopped that
Anyways gildarts still stomps
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

why even bother doing this tournament? did you not see the suzaku vs jellal vs erza thread? or suzaku vs sting? suzaku wank was insane
and its pretty obvious that his wankers will vote for him every round
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So headcanon it hurts. Gildarts can heavily damage Acno tiers? Lul
selene is not acno tier, she was literally hiding from him, imagine ignoring that

georg has no feats putting him on acno tier atm

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
TFW almost none of us here even like Suzaku or are neutral to him yet we're still called his 'wankers'...

In the early chapters of 100 year quest he was stated as the strongest but we all know that doesn't matter since Gildarts isn't doing anything to a DG nor do I see him being capable of low diffing any of the currently strongest FT like Erza and Natsu like Suzaku did.

His only option is crush which the chances of landing are pretty close to zero.
Also, didn't Gildarts, at the beginning of 100YQ said that doing the 100YQ was 'knowing despair'? Which means at his current level, he still doesn't consider himself as strong enough to do it. Suzaku heavily injured a human Selene which is far above any feat Gildarts has.

Although I do think Gildarts will probably come back stronger and defeat a Black Knight or something since Mashima tends to be adamant about him always being Fairy Tail's strongest character barring DF Natsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.