Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*emerges out of Lurkdom*

Probably because there isn't much to talk about. It's the same on every forum I'm on. We geek every now and then, do a lot of squeeing, then wait for the next episode/chapter. X)
 

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Not much to talk about? I don't think so... In fact I think there's quite a lot to talk about. And what you mentioned... isn't it the same for every manga?
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I mean... plot-wise there's not a lot to talk about. Ultimately, Sorachi's been very careful about what he's revealed about the plot, and Gintoki's backstory and all that so it's hard to speculate. And the silly stuff is just as hard to discuss because everyone's too busy laughing.

Plus, what does everyone usually discuss when they talk about shounen? Power levels, fights they'd like to see and pairings. Gintama's power pyramid's pretty cut and dry; everyone's just waiting for Gintoki Vs. Takasugi, Kagura Vs. Kamui, or Gintoki Vs. Kamui, or Gintoki and Kagura vs Takasugi AND Kamui depending on how dark or freaking awesome Sorachi wants to go with it; and the whole nature of the comic just doesn't support shipping.

So, outside of general squeeing and freaking out during serious arcs... there's just not much to discuss. Everyone's just kinda along for the ride. *shrugs*
 
Last edited:

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
larger cover, Gintama 32
 

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Didn't this arc just end? It's on the cover already!!

Btw, for the last wk's chapter, who do you think will win the santa claus tournament?
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't this arc just end? It's on the cover already!!

Btw, for the last wk's chapter, who do you think will win the santa claus tournament?
SHINPACHI!!!!! XDDDDDDDD

Seriously, I think everyone will beat each other up to death. :P
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Btw, for the last wk's chapter, who do you think will win the santa claus tournament?
No one; the real Santa will show up and give everyone some sort of cheap snack food and paddle balls. IT'LL BE A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! XD
 

Zaresh

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
13
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
But it might be awesome some Gintoki vs Umibozou xD.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Here's a nice little review of a Gintama gashapon set from ANN. I love the Elizabeth and Hijikata figurines, though I'm not sure why Hijikata is so relaxed. I thought he was Okita at first :XD
 
Last edited:

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Haha, nice. I would like to have one of those
 

Kravmaga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
832
Reaction score
356
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha, nice. I would like to have one of those
Ditto.
The price is just nothing less than highway robbery though. Back in the days, I could live for a month on less than forty bucks and have enough left to get in the poker room at the dorm, dangit! Now you can't even get lumps of pvc thermo-molded into copyrighted novelty shapes imported via first class anymore...

On an unrelated note, it's too bad the set doesn't include taizo... That guy's simply amazing for too many reasons!
 

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
On an unrelated note, it's too bad the set doesn't include taizo... That guy's simply amazing for too many reasons!
Madao's figure is simply too easy to make. Just a pair of shades will do. :)
 

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Probably because there isn't much to talk about.
I collected my favorite scenes, so if you want talk about something, then you can about these:


It isn't a scene, it's a cover but cool.




I think i share the next ones whit the translators. ;)






















◆ ◆ ◆











I hope you like them too.
 
Last edited:

Sadaharu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Yeah all those scenes are quite nice. Actually the no. of nice scenes and phrases in Gintama are so many that I can't possibly list them all!

I'm kind of wondering, if this discussion actually gets very big, will they make a sub-forum for Gintama? Shouldn't it be one of the aims of Gintama fans?:)
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yup, all good scene's. Pick one and we shall geek! XD

I think we'd only need two sub-forums. The LOLWUT? And Serious Business. LOLWUT would be for the lulz, and the Serious Business would be keyboard smashes of on-the-edge-of-your-seat-ness.

It would be hard to tell the two discussions apart, now that I think about it...

Ditto.
The price is just nothing less than highway robbery though. Back in the days, I could live for a month on less than forty bucks and have enough left to get in the poker room at the dorm, dangit! Now you can't even get lumps of pvc thermo-molded into copyrighted novelty shapes imported via first class anymore...
Ffffffffff what day was THAT? 1950?
 
Last edited:

Kravmaga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
832
Reaction score
356
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ffffffffff what day was THAT? 1950?
Ouch you just made me feel old! That hurts...
It wasn't even that long ago, barely 3-4years ago when I still had endless ways to earn an honest slacker's living on campus like crashing parties and playing mario kart for the last slice of pizza or pretending to be a densha otoko fan to slip into the club and enjoy the free sushi while watching it or pretending to be part of the francophone house when I was really just interested in the baked escargos... Okay that last one was one of the lower points of my life but at least I worked hard to get my guest meals while pretty girls could simply stand outside a dinning hall, ask random people with a cute face and get in.

@ nassass,
thanks a lot, now I'm going to have to re-read all the chapters to remember perfectly where these familiar yet hazy scenes are from... There goes my whole week. =P

The scene with kagura and the umbrella was such a warm and fuzzies moment!
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ouch you just made me feel old! That hurts...
It wasn't even that long ago, barely 3-4years ago when I still had endless ways to earn an honest slacker's living on campus like crashing parties and playing mario kart for the last slice of pizza or pretending to be a densha otoko fan to slip into the club and enjoy the free sushi while watching it or pretending to be part of the francophone house when I was really just interested in the baked escargos... Okay that last one was one of the lower points of my life but at least I worked hard to get my guest meals while pretty girls could simply stand outside a dinning hall, ask random people with a cute face and get in.

@ nassass,
thanks a lot, now I'm going to have to re-read all the chapters to remember perfectly where these familiar yet hazy scenes are from... There goes my whole week. =P

The scene with kagura and the umbrella was such a warm and fuzzies moment!
Wow, that's some serious slacking there. Also brilliant.

It reminds me of the last day of classes two years ago... the teacher bought us breakfast in Graphic novel class (really, who schedules a comic class at 8am?), then there were Voodoo Donuts in art history, and then, as my friends and I were leaving, someone walked by and informed us there was cake. And it was damn good cake. I love it when there's randomly food around campus. :D

Umbrella chapter: That was such a cute chapter! I recall geeking muchly when the episode aired - Sunrise had a fun time messing with different rain sounds, and the music... :wtf
 

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
I like the umbrella page, because although it don't have a single text bubble, it can tell much more like other series chapters long "tragic past flash-backs".
 

Mido-ban

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
6
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
why there is not the Official Character Book ? yesterday it was here ?
 

Sakata Gintoki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Can anyone scanlate Gintama chapters 292 and 295-299 and put them in Mangafox?

Since is very likely the anime is going to enter into hiatus until October, we need more than never to have the manga constantly updated.


Chapter 300 spoiler pics. BIG THINGS happen.






I hope after that the Manga Editors stop being lazy and scanlate the 5 missing chapters for once to all. Come on, the anime is going to be stopped or in hiatus and we have Bomber D Rufi translations :(
 
Last edited:
Top