Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
So my long await space battle arc isn't impossible?
That space station just call Star Wars parody. :P
And now Jump lack of SchiFi so it will be welcomed. And of course then needed Sakamoto's spaceships. :)


This is my 100th post!! (on my birthday.) :D
 

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Congrats Nassass ^^

Whoaa, seems like an awesome chapter.. i cant wait for the next chapter already, Kamui won't go down without a fight.
I don't see it as a suprise though, as Kamuis goal is to take over Harusame himself so, this might just go as he planned.

Cool seeing Takasugi as well, good that they split forces (him and kamui) it would have been way to unfair with two power houses like them against Gintoki
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'd like to hope that 310 will be the start of something serlous, but I see this going down one of two ways.

1) This is just a 'bridge into something greater but later' lesson. Which means that it IS serious business, but we don't get to see the results until much much later. As in 310 does NOT continue into 311.

2) More likely is that this is some kind of gag. Remember Umibozu's hair commercial? It started ultra serious like this, and look how it ended. That would make more sense, as Sorachi doesn't do more than one serious arc per year.

Oh, and I guess there IS the possibility that Sorachi is ramping up for the end game. He's covered the arcs he said he wanted to do outside of a Sakamoto arc, but in later interviews he's said 'Gintama will end when I feel like it.' So who knows?

....And yeah I plan on posting here a little bit more often. I really shouldn't be so aloof as the translator for the series. (Bow) Yoroshiku.
 

Dark ZeroX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I'd like to hope that 310 will be the start of something serlous, but I see this going down one of two ways.

1) This is just a 'bridge into something greater but later' lesson. Which means that it IS serious business, but we don't get to see the results until much much later. As in 310 does NOT continue into 311.

2) More likely is that this is some kind of gag. Remember Umibozu's hair commercial? It started ultra serious like this, and look how it ended. That would make more sense, as Sorachi doesn't do more than one serious arc per year.

Oh, and I guess there IS the possibility that Sorachi is ramping up for the end game. He's covered the arcs he said he wanted to do outside of a Sakamoto arc, but in later interviews he's said 'Gintama will end when I feel like it.' So who knows?

....And yeah I plan on posting here a little bit more often. I really shouldn't be so aloof as the translator for the series. (Bow) Yoroshiku.
yup... but there will be another more options...
who knows??? Kamui can lost his memory :darn and maybe he will become a good guy while he doesnt remember all...
 

Spikey2713

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
440
Reaction score
33
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
yup... but there will be another more options...
who knows??? Kamui can lost his memory :darn and maybe he will become a good guy while he doesnt remember all...
If that's the case, Kagura will use this chance to "REBUILT" her BAKA onii-chan XDD
 

Nagumo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think this can really be the start of the endgame - we haven't found out enough about Gintoki's past yet for fans to be satisfied - there has to be at least one additional flashback arc to cover that, and a motivating storyline to cause that flashback.

This past arc has been one of the best I've read - I wonder if it'll continue after this segue... This might just be the bookend to the previous arc and the next chapter will be something completely random again. Not that I'd mind that.
 

Dark ZeroX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
If that's the case, Kagura will use this chance to "REBUILT" her BAKA onii-chan XDD
oh... forgot to add... Kamui maybe will survive but in other planet with other people (maybe people with psicological powers (not all is physical attacks)) and learns anothers ways to be powerful and maybe to change his mentality that he says that his way to be powerful is to be a bad guy....
and obviously Kagura doesn't know about this....and maybe will pass years after that events.... O_O
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think this can really be the start of the endgame - we haven't found out enough about Gintoki's past yet for fans to be satisfied - there has to be at least one additional flashback arc to cover that, and a motivating storyline to cause that flashback.

This past arc has been one of the best I've read - I wonder if it'll continue after this segue... This might just be the bookend to the previous arc and the next chapter will be something completely random again. Not that I'd mind that.
After translating that beast, I'm hesitant to write this off as a gag arc. Though I also don't think we're gonna get a whole new arc from it...311 spoilers couldn't come faster.
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
After translating that beast, I'm hesitant to write this off as a gag arc. Though I also don't think we're gonna get a whole new arc from it...311 spoilers couldn't come faster.
Yeah, feels more like set up for me. Like Sorachi's gonna set some stuff in motion then leave it alone for a while to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Then WHAM! PLOT! Could be wrong though, even when he's been predictable that Gorilla is unpredictable!
 

Nagumo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, feels more like set up for me. Like Sorachi's gonna set some stuff in motion then leave it alone for a while to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Then WHAM! PLOT! Could be wrong though, even when he's been predictable that Gorilla is unpredictable!
Well, the fact that it's setting something in motion is undeniable. The question is how many chapters in the future it will come to fruition. I think the first page of the next chapter will tell the tale. If it starts at the Yorozuya with something other than them being all serious about Harusame or Kamui, it's likely to devolve into another gag arc or two before something serious gets going.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, the fact that it's setting something in motion is undeniable. The question is how many chapters in the future it will come to fruition. I think the first page of the next chapter will tell the tale. If it starts at the Yorozuya with something other than them being all serious about Harusame or Kamui, it's likely to devolve into another gag arc or two before something serious gets going.
Well, spoilers for 311 are out, and it seems to suggest that this isn't just gag after all. I can sort of predict that we won't see the ramifications of the current events for a little while though. I hate to say it, but it is plausible that the endgame or something just as big is coming.

At this point all we can do is wait for more answers. It seems to me though, that Gintama may be changing slightly after this, cause now events are moving forward at a rate that even Gintoki can't ignore.

http://yorozuya.baratie.org/forums/index.php?topic=66.0
Spoilers are here. (And this is a pretty nice Gintama site in general, so feel free to join!)
 

Dark ZeroX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Well, spoilers for 311 are out, and it seems to suggest that this isn't just gag after all. I can sort of predict that we won't see the ramifications of the current events for a little while though. I hate to say it, but it is plausible that the endgame or something just as big is coming.

At this point all we can do is wait for more answers. It seems to me though, that Gintama may be changing slightly after this, cause now events are moving forward at a rate that even Gintoki can't ignore.

http://yorozuya.baratie.org/forums/index.php?topic=66.0
Spoilers are here. (And this is a pretty nice Gintama site in general, so feel free to join!)
wow.....
If the spoiler is correct we will se a great war between Takasugi and Kamui forces against Gin and his friends ..... maybe is the end or maybe its time to prepare to more action... mmm... but I am thinking, they will attack right now? or is better to prepare his forces to defeat Gin more easily??
 

puppeto4

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
wow.....
If the spoiler is correct we will se a great war between Takasugi and Kamui forces against Gin and his friends ..... maybe is the end or maybe its time to prepare to more action... mmm... but I am thinking, they will attack right now? or is better to prepare his forces to defeat Gin more easily??
I don't think so, since Kamui said he'd save his most favorite part of the meal for the last. I guess he'll somehow do something to Harusame, while Takasugi motives aren't really anything about Gintoki, seeing his main objective is to destroy everything(?)
 

Dark ZeroX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I don't think so, since Kamui said he'd save his most favorite part of the meal for the last. I guess he'll somehow do something to Harusame, while Takasugi motives aren't really anything about Gintoki, seeing his main objective is to destroy everything(?)
really???? Takasugi wants to kill Gintoki sice him ruins most of his plans of destroy everything... and for him is better to see Gin-san dead....
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
really???? Takasugi wants to kill Gintoki sice him ruins most of his plans of destroy everything... and for him is better to see Gin-san dead....
Lol, spoiler convo.

He's never actually said "Those meddling Yorozuya - especially the big one! *shakes fist*" or something like that. Takasugi just wants to destroy EVERYTHING, while Gintoki is PART of everything, he isn't actually being targeted personally - that's Kamui's MO. I wouldn't be surprised if Takasugi lets Kamui have Gintoki simply because it'd be more convenient for him if Gintoki was out of the way BEFORE they burn the world to the ground. And I'm sure he'd be interested in watching that fight - as are we all. XD

Well, the fact that it's setting something in motion is undeniable. The question is how many chapters in the future it will come to fruition. I think the first page of the next chapter will tell the tale. If it starts at the Yorozuya with something other than them being all serious about Harusame or Kamui, it's likely to devolve into another gag arc or two before something serious gets going.
Well, if Sorachi follows his usual pattern he'll set up all of his dominoes, but not actually set the whole thing off until next year. If that's the case, we've got another eight or nine months of lulz and possibly some loose end tying.
 
Last edited:

Zaresh

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
13
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Here we go. Gintama 311 chinese raw

http://www.xzdm.com/book/1580/311.html

Now, waiting for the translations.

On the former subjet, I think, afther these two chapters, we're going into another arc, apparently a gag one, but like in the Benizakura arc, a serious one in its end. Maybe it will not be the FINAL arc, but I think we're going to get a significant one.
 

Dark ZeroX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Lol, spoiler convo.

He's never actually said "Those meddling Yorozuya - especially the big one! *shakes fist*" or something like that. Takasugi just wants to destroy EVERYTHING, while Gintoki is PART of everything, he isn't actually being targeted personally - that's Kamui's MO. I wouldn't be surprised if Takasugi lets Kamui have Gintoki simply because it'd be more convenient for him if Gintoki was out of the way BEFORE they burn the world to the ground. And I'm sure he'd be interested in watching that fight - as are we all. XD



Well, if Sorachi follows his usual pattern he'll set up all of his dominoes, but not actually set the whole thing off until next year. If that's the case, we've got another eight or nine months of lulz and possibly some loose end tying.
I am thinking how many years will pass after this events in Gintama's time....
 

spartydragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am thinking how many years will pass after this events in Gintama's time....
Oh yeah, that. I don't think that really matters. Sorachi hasn't made an effort to put a timeframe on what's been going on in the manga. Tae said at some point that they have birthdays but they never age, so I'm guessing they all exsist in that perpetual state of non-time where the world just spins in place, wobbling on its axis for seasonal purposes, but never actually going anywhere. XD
 

SuppaiNoRingo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Nice discussion we have going here; never noticed this thread, I'm joining in :).


I pretty sure this wont be some final arc, I think it isn't even a real arc but more of a showing of a major event wich will have it's effect later in a later serious arc. ofcourse I can be completely off. Kamui's eternal smile is awesome though, good to see it again together with abuto. and takasugi... yeah we've never seen him really do something except for standing somewhere and smiling. I think we'll see more action from him in 311 then we ever saw before, and yet only a couple pages there too.
I think the yato's are kinda overpowered with the amanto races. The shinra clan, said to be on equal footing couldn't even beat two man with a whole squadron. Now if our princess had hired the same ammount of yato, I'm not so sure if gin-san would have won, looking back on the housen arc and the battles with the yato there. But we need some comic relief after all that blood flying around, I think this confrontation with takasugi and kamui wont take long. Many fans like gintama because of it's good transition between gag and serious arcs.
I hope Pirako and Jiro will stay as characters and appear now and then, They're both nice characters.
I want sakamoto to appear soon, we haven't seen him for.. can't remember how many chapters, yet he is such an awesome character.


On a side note regarding the Edited Mangas.(not sure if this is appropiate here but...-
my excuses for the Edited Manga on 309, the quality wasn't good I know that, I didn't have time and the guy who did it for me didn't have much time either and rushed trough the pages.
310 is cleaned in the quality as I did 305-308.(currently looking for a TLC for that) 311 will be cleaned in less quality then that, but better then 309. (it'll be just a decent clean, without enhancing all lineart and redoing grays). I'll switch between quality of the chapters depending on my time... Yeah, I'm sorry.
 
Last edited:

zura113

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Well, spoilers for 311 are out, and it seems to suggest that this isn't just gag after all. I can sort of predict that we won't see the ramifications of the current events for a little while though. I hate to say it, but it is plausible that the endgame or something just as big is coming.

At this point all we can do is wait for more answers. It seems to me though, that Gintama may be changing slightly after this, cause now events are moving forward at a rate that even Gintoki can't ignore.

http://yorozuya.baratie.org/forums/index.php?topic=66.0
Spoilers are here. (And this is a pretty nice Gintama site in general, so feel free to join!)
Ehh 311 and 312 japanese raws are out, so no one to translate? :/
 
Last edited:
Top