Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Won't it be in simulcast?
 

kusanagi_k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Haha, first time posting in the gintama forums ;)
Don't worry, when gintama reairs, there'll surely be sub groups picking it up or crunchyroll will pick it up again :blink
Anyway, I don't read the manga and is an anime only fan but I can't wait,
Gintoki the epicness will return :tem


Hello dude, thks for that :)
Yea ur rite, but I guess all our favourite manga/anime will stopped for quite some time, until the good people of Japan can slowly get their lives back to normal(as far as possible). God bless 'em!
Well I saw Sugita Tomokazu(and Kubo Tite)'s Twitters and at least they're ok :p

Anyone know if <YORINUKI> is available anywhere?? I caught a few eps on NicoNico or somewhere, but they were taken down...

How about everyone's <FAV ARCS>? Shuld be a little easier than picking out a fav funny moment :D
The most memorable of mine would roughly be...

1. JIRAIA/TSUKUYO
2. ITOU/SHINSENGUMI
3. SHITENOU/PIRAKO (currently manga only)
4. HIJIKATA/MITSUBA
5. SACCHAN/MEGANE
--
6. IKUMATSU-DONO
7. GINTOKI BABY
8. MADAO/DAIGOROU
9. BENIZAKURA
10. UMIBOUZU VISITS KAGURA (not xmas)
11. KAMUI & TAKASUGI / KIHEITAI & 7th DIVISION (currently manga only)
12. SCREWDRIVERS
13. HOUSEN/YOSHIWARA
14. 'SERIES-END'/TAKASUGI VS GINTOKI ep
15. KYUUBEI
16. AGE-CANNON
17. OTSUU COMPETITION
18. MAYUZOM/UNIBROW ZOMBIES
19. TAMA/LEUKOCYTE KING
20. ZURA IN PRISON
21. 2-YEAR TIMESKIP/BOILS (currently manga only)
22. SWIMSUITS/SHOUGUN (currently manga only)
23. 'ZANGETSU' SPACE/GODDESS/'ULTIMATE MOVE'
 
Last edited:

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Hey everyone, I'm only like 7 or 8 chapters into this story and I was just wondering if you could without spoiling anything crucial tell me the direction of the plot after the beginning?

Like does this story pick up action wise, as in more samurai fights, or does it continue being goofy and just running around a bunch? Just how the story progresses you know.
 

kusanagi_k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Won't it be in simulcast?

Nice to see a French gentleman here too! Are you native French? I visited Paris (and Disneyland :p) a few years back, for Xmas and New Year's, and it was one of the BEST memories of my life : )) Ahh... the Metro and RER...
:) Hmm.. for GINtama to be picked up for simulcast Again... I dunno, but I hope so!!!



Hey everyone, I'm only like 7 or 8 chapters into this story and I was just wondering if you could without spoiling anything crucial tell me the direction of the plot after the beginning?

Like does this story pick up action wise, as in more samurai fights, or does it continue being goofy and just running around a bunch? Just how the story progresses you know.

Hi LoS,
Gintama so far has 346 chapters, and, if you don't mind my opinion, I would describe the flow as...

[Goofy-->Serious-->Random-->Emo-->Parodies-->Action-->Heartbreaking-->Fun-->Drama
-->Touching-->Dark--> Wink-wink-->Sad-->Violent-->Lighthearted-->Thought-provoking-->Laugh until collapse-->& PURE WIN moments]
...and repeat the cycle. Something like that.

There are moments of pure fun like.. One Piece, and moments of pure emo like.. Hagaren, randomly scattered around. There just doesn't seem to be a formula/plan to this story, and that's the awesome thing about Gintama! It's just like life(sort of)- Gintoki and family running around, random things that happen in their lives(while trying to pay the rent, lol), the camera pans and we see different people & different stories & different sides of the characters and their pasts, and every now and then, they gotta get REALLY serious.

Sorry if that sounds nuts... I'm just a huge fan.
<PS: Sorry im very bored today -_-">
<PPS: Oh yeah they parody and lampoon just about EVERYTHING/BODY too>
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm afraid Gintama is going into no direction beside the one to make you laugh. I'm even wondering, does the plot has got any further since the begining ? I seriously doubt it :-))

@kusanaki_t
Hello fellow Gintama lover. Glad you had fun time in Paris. I've lived there for a few years now. I won't say RER is what I enjoyed the most so :-). I guess the traject from roissy to chatelet must always be a... strange experience for foreigners.
 

zura113

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
._. Um regarding the recent earthquake in Japan..
I've been getting really worried, specially over the statuses of famous artists like Nakajo Hisaya (Hana Kimi) and Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama)
D: anyone knows about their current statuses?? have they been found? are they safe?
 

kusanagi_k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I'm afraid Gintama is going into no direction beside the one to make you laugh. I'm even wondering, does the plot has got any further since the begining ? I seriously doubt it :-))

@kusanaki_t
Hello fellow Gintama lover. Glad you had fun time in Paris. I've lived there for a few years now. I won't say RER is what I enjoyed the most so :-). I guess the traject from roissy to chatelet must always be a... strange experience for foreigners.

Oui, Oui! The whole time I felt like I was in a French movie O_O
I stayed with a relative just a few hundred meters from Maubert-Mutualité station. One month.
...Yeah but I know cuz I'm asian and I don't know French, so Paris was a lovely place to visit, but probably not to stay.
The furthest I went out was Versailles & Disneyland I think haha
Anyway, very nice talking to you k-dom : ))



._. Um regarding the recent earthquake in Japan..
I've been getting really worried, specially over the statuses of famous artists like Nakajo Hisaya (Hana Kimi) and Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama)
D: anyone knows about their current statuses?? have they been found? are they safe?

Hi zura113, have you seen this?--
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ga/game-industry-members-check-in-after-quake

(Although Nakajo and Sorachi are not yet listed, so many in the industry are already confirmed safe, so I'm sure they're fine too! Especially if they're based/living in Tokyo, or not directly at the worst-hit areas. Hope this eases your mind a little. 心配するな!

Speaking of Hana Kimi, <Oguri Shun> is an important friend of Kyuubei-chan, isn't he?^^
AHAHAHA Kintama is so awesome
 
Last edited:

zura113

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Hi zura113, have you seen this?--
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ga/game-industry-members-check-in-after-quake

(Although Nakajo and Sorachi are not yet listed, so many in the industry are already confirmed safe, so I'm sure they're fine too! Especially if they're based/living in Tokyo, or not directly at the worst-hit areas. Hope this eases your mind a little. 心配するな!

Speaking of Hana Kimi, <Oguri Shun> is an important friend of Kyuubei-chan, isn't he?^^
AHAHAHA Kintama is so awesome
Ah yeah I've seen it before. After reading through that I got real worried ._. Thankfully, so far there has been no news about Sorachi-sensei and Nakajo-sensei being in danger or anything worse so I really hope they're doing fine, along with all the others.
はい、冷静になります!

LOL sure he is. oguri shunnosuke xDD
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Are the missing chapters still missing or they being scanlated by someone?
 

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's april... 4/4... Tomorrow there'll be gintama! i can't wait!
2011年4月4日(月)夕方6:00~テレビ東京系列にて テレビシリーズ放送再開!!
 
Last edited:

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
here it comes..
here it comes...
the epicness is arriving :3c!
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I can't wait for the anime return I feel like I'm in love :luv
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
When you think about all the gag they did about the anime possible cancelation. I hope the ones for the return will be enormous.
 

tobeulp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
801
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
This would be epic!! There are a ton of fansubbers will do this so we will have an early release for sure
 

kusanagi_k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
It's almost here! It's almost here! :spaz

I feel it would be really appropriate if the first episode for the new season would be the time-skip one. Where Gin is Yamcha and boils have taken over the world. Seriously.


CONGRATULATIONS sir, your prediction 1 month ago was right- The first ep of the new season is INDEED the Time-Skip Arc.
(can't believe they jumped 31 chapters ><)
Just caught it on keyhole tv, so here's a quick rundown:

I can't tell about the animation quality cos I was watching in LQ, but it's probably safe to say it's as good as Yorinuki.

OP looks and sounds sucky, it was all over the place.

ED by SPYAIR looks and sounds great. It revolves around the SHITENOU Arc, YA~Y !!! Last image was of THE PIPE AND THE JITTE - SO AWESOME !!!

DIFFERENCE:
in the manga it was ONE WEEK JUMPS TO TWO YEARS
in the anime it was ONE YEAR JUMPS TO TWO YEARS
...WTF...

Kind of a boring arc to me, so not much comment there. But there was one part where Shin was agonizing over the fact that he had been 'left behind' by all his friends, and they played <Take Care Buddy>, which is one of my fav tracks. That was extremely fitting.

And seeing New-Gintoki and New-Kagura taking turns to stand on Shin's head to make a point, was hilarious.

For those interested, there was an ad for <Gintama Best 2> ost coming out, which is basically only OPs and EDs. Again. yay.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Chapter 327 and 328 are out and it is a great micro arc.
 
Top