Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
I suppose somewhere near spring's anime season, because there's not much material left. They have animated at an amazing rythm, which is not very "healthy" for the manga. :/
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:
Just as a general rule of thumb for this and other threads on this site, disrespecting a moderator in any way, ESPECIALLY PUBLICLY IN A POST, will get you're post deleted and potentially worse. If you have a problem with a decision a moderator has made just kindly PM them about it and the situation can more than likely be worked out in a kind, respectful manor.

Thank you.~ Drmke
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Just want to point out that this is one good reason why we'd keep spoilers since clearly there is information or certain characters that appear to have recurred with the missing chapters by the current Edited Manga group. You could argue about the anime covering that so you could focus on watching subs but as this is MANGA helpers manga takes precedence over anime - and in this case releases. So with the Mimawari group showing up - and we know whom they're connected to or rather being the trouble makers - yeah...
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
...I thought they already made it real clear in that last episode that it has nothing to do with internal problems and all though. They merely ran out of materials, I think. They can't run the anime on with only one and a half long arc and a single short arc left for them. I doubt sending TV Tokyo any petition will help as long as Sorachi-sensei doesn't speed himself up and get more stories out for the anime to use. Personally, I prefer that they stop Gintama anime right now, rather than running on merely on hundreds of fillers.

I don't know what others think, but at least, I have faith that this will only be a temporary hiatus just so the manga can get out more materials that can be used for an anime still. So, tbh, I think petition is completely unnecessary. Regardless, good luck with it though. -_-"
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I personally see the hiatus of the anime as a way of saying "we care a lot more about bringing you top quality episodes with the best pacing, direction and animation in which we will save our money for the right time even if we have to sacrifice the potential profits from extra products(fillers) of an entire year and more if that is what it takes".

Gintama anime is as awesome as it is not only thanks to the manga, the anime staff really loves Gintama more than they love money.
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I strongly think the anime will come back. It's goodbye, but not farewell.
 

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i hope they will show again the 3D face in the future
V
V
V
V
V
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Regarding recent developments in the manga, what does everyone think of Sorachi possibly changing the status quo?
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well ever since the anime ended, I've started reading the manga. There were some missing chapters but Hiwa does a good job on keeping on track. As for the newest chapters, here's what I think:

This arc was pretty good. It was good seeing more of the history of Shiroyasha and Shoyo, and learning more about the Shogun and the Tendo. The Tendo are still pretty unknown to us, all we really know is that they are in control of the Bakufu and the harusame space pirates(?). I'm hoping for more battles against the Tendo, and hopefully more about the Joui war. I'm still wondering what made Takasugi snap and how the whole war ended, it should be interesting to say the least. I just want to see more of Shiroyasha really, lol. Now that this serious arc is over, I'm guessing Gintama is going back to the gags we all know and love.
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well ever since the anime ended, I've started reading the manga. There were some missing chapters but Hiwa does a good job on keeping on track. As for the newest chapters, here's what I think:

This arc was pretty good. It was good seeing more of the history of Shiroyasha and Shoyo, and learning more about the Shogun and the Tendo. The Tendo are still pretty unknown to us, all we really know is that they are in control of the Bakufu and the harusame space pirates(?). I'm hoping for more battles against the Tendo, and hopefully more about the Joui war. I'm still wondering what made Takasugi snap and how the whole war ended, it should be interesting to say the least. I just want to see more of Shiroyasha really, lol. Now that this serious arc is over, I'm guessing Gintama is going back to the gags we all know and love.
The Tendo have a huge role to play in the future, I believe. I'm surprised that Takasugi and Katsura haven't made their presences felt yet.
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Tendo have a huge role to play in the future, I believe. I'm surprised that Takasugi and Katsura haven't made their
presences felt yet.
Yeah, they definitely do. I'm thinking that the Tendo are going to be the final villains of Gintama, they are the ones that took over Edo if I remember correctly. Also, I'm guessing the Tendo already know about the Kihetai and Katsura's joui faction, those two are the biggest joui factions so I doubt they'd ignore them.
Other than that, I just loved how Shige-Shige stood up for Gintoki and the gang. He's a cool and funny character, even though he's usually silent. xD
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, they definitely do. I'm thinking that the Tendo are going to be the final villains of Gintama, they are the ones that took over Edo if I remember correctly. Also, I'm guessing the Tendo already know about the Kihetai and Katsura's joui faction, those two are the biggest joui factions so I doubt they'd ignore them.
Other than that, I just loved how Shige-Shige stood up for Gintoki and the gang. He's a cool and funny character, even though he's usually silent. xD
Shogun is SERIOUS BUSINESS with clothes on! :D Also, I'm certain Oboro will be the huge main villain now. He has seemed to replace Takasugi in that role after the events of Lesson 398.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reading this arc just makes me miss the anime even more.:(

I mean, I love this arc but for some reason it's harder for me to really get into the Gintama in manga form. It's so dense with so many jokes that are hard to fully appreciate across the language barrier.

But it looks like if, and hopefully when, Gintama resumes it's going to be working with some great stuff.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
New chapter is out.
A lot of revelation in this one!

I won't spoil it for you, but there are many surprises!
And it seems that the arc might not be over yet.
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shogun is SERIOUS BUSINESS with clothes on! :D Also, I'm certain Oboro will be the huge main villain now. He has seemed to replace Takasugi in that role after the events of Lesson 398.
Yeah, definitely. Oboro seems like a good opponent for Gin, just another enemy for him. xD I'm sure the Tendo have other people too so it should be a good fight when they decide to attack.

The new chapter was indeed awesome. But I think the arc is over, the last page looked like an ending page to me. Plus there's really nothing left.

Kind of surprising that Nobume used to be a messenger for the Tendo. Takasugi showing up was awesome. When I heard that there was another demon, I just had a feeling that it was him. Calling Shoyo's students' demons is kind of accurate, they were crazy in the Joui war. So now that he's touched down on earth, I'm guessing Kamui is back too? That's awesome too, now that both of them are here, things are sure to get exciting.
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
After reading 10 chapters in one day..

Urgh, Sorachi should give us some scenes in Yoshiwara concerning Suzuran. I wonder who is the doll which is referred in this page?
After this, maybe we have to wait for 20 chapters or so before going back to the serious plot again
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After reading 10 chapters in one day..

Urgh, Sorachi should give us some scenes in Yoshiwara concerning Suzuran. I wonder who is the doll which is referred in this page?
After this, maybe we have to wait for 20 chapters or so before going back to the serious plot again
I think Oboro is referring to Sadasada since he's still just a toy for the Tendoshuu.
 
Top