Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama does not get enough love, has to be said. I am looking forward how Mutsu responds to the return of her former crew.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
479
This chapter (one before last of Mutsu arc) is awesome. And I also didn't see this twist coming. The previous one (the shitty one) was the worst in Gintama history but this one is one of the better ones. With that we have a background for all important characters and Sorachi can go along with the main story.

BTW, Mutsu x Sakamoto is my third favourite pairing after Gintoki x Tsukky and Katsura x Ikumatsu (who looks a lot like Mutsu).
 

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
when will that guy's face be revealed? So amusing that he gets vomited on @ every chance.
Sakamoto really is a swindler lol.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Mu....Mutsu!? Kagura has got a new senpai now! The stuff with fighting her own blood...
On another note, Sakamoto's glare is the coolest panel in the chapter, I half expected to see sharingan on him or something, haha.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What a great arc that was!
I never saw that twist coming!! :tem

And now I can't wait to see Kagura and Mutsu interact in the future!
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
I just finished the raws for 481 and that was the weirdest thing I've ever read.
It was weird in many senses. (Actually chapter 481 was only one page long, lol)
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah!
Some romance in this manga! :tem

And that's my favorite pairing for Gin!

That arc is going to be hilarious!

Especially if Kinpachi and Kagura are also affected by the drugs!
Maybe they'll fall for each other! That would be hilarious!
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
It's funny to have a WSJ manga speaking out loud about prostitutes...
The editors seems to give the Gorilla absolute freedom.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
This arc is going to be hilarious.. well previously I thought Sorachi won't give us something so.. blatant with regards to Gintoki and Tsukuyo's relationship :lmao, it's a nice thing to see a giddy Tsukuyo, really.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I can expect many more kawaii Tsukuyo panels in this arc <33 I hardly ever ship but damn Gin and Tsukki are totally meant to be, Sorachi-approved :super
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i started watching the gintama anime again after a long hiatus, i absolutely loved the arc between episodes 57 and 62, not sure what the name of that arc was but it was absolutely epic. i am hoping to catch up soon
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I’m one of the Gin x Tsukuyo shippers but not in such a form. Sorachi was being diplomatic and didn’t want to anger his fujoshi fanbase by officially admitting that Gin has feelings for Tsukuyo. Instead he will use the drug to mess everything up, blah…
It's still hilarious though :D.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Oh well, just as I predicted, it's too good to be true :lmao

Damn I laughed so hard when I read the page where Gintoki slept with an old lady. So many hilarious quotes from Gintoki the charmer as well.
 

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintoki is comedy gold atm. bloody lost it after seeing him wreck all the dudes because he wants all the females to himself.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just got to episode 88 of the anime, it was actually really sad when sogo's sister died...

honestly as hilarious as this series is, the serious moments are also very good, even if they are seldom occurring
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, I usually like Tama story, but this one was quite boring...
I just can't really have any feelings about an old vending machine...

Still, I kinda had a thought for the old machine when I read this article this morning:
http://kotaku.com/two-japanese-vending-machines-brutally-murdered-1595763726

---------- Post added July 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was June 25, 2014 at 06:04 AM ----------

Gintama anime is coming back!
At least, it's coming back from 1 special episode.

But, it might mean that it will actually come back afterwards!
That would be great!
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Dang, this chapter is good stuff. I didn't expect the ending at all.
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
It was a long time since Gintama last went serious mode on. Let's see if there's any development.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wow!
Didn't expect that ending at all!

I guess this will be a pretty serious arc after all!
 

Master OZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
I was sincerely surprised at that ending of 503 and yet conflicted at the same time. I hope that Sorachi won´t reverse it somehow, but then again I mourn for the loss of our dear Shou-chan (I literally froze while reading 504, having realized he is probably not coming back).
 
Top