Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I believe that Kamui set his eyes on Gintoki. That is most likely why he is working with Takasugi cause Takasugi is also kinda looking for a battle with Gintoki. kamui is on the same level as Hozen who was the rival of kamui's father who is rumored to be the strongest of the Yato. I can't see kagura surving a fight against her brother cause kamui has way more abttle expierence than her.
Doesn't Kamui set eye on everyone who seems strong? I imagine he joined Takasugi because he knew he would get to fight strong oponents that way, not just Gintoki.
Was it stated that he's on the same level as Hozen? I can't recall, doesn't seem like Togashi to give power level comparisons.

And I imagine if Kagura goes all out she has a chance, after all they both should have the potential given their father. Battle experience isn't everything but yeah, right now I can't really see her winning. It's not all about strength though, as we just saw the last chapter. Okita almost killed Kamui with the right tactics, even though he's definitely inferior in terms of strength.
 

Master OZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Well, if that Shogun is the real one, then than retroactively makes Sorachi look a bit like a fool. Supposing, as Goral said, that it was all staged by Hattori, then the theatrics make sense (to fool Rotten), but it doesn´t make sense for Sorachi to show us the flashback (the part about Shogun anyway). The second nonsense was the decapitation shown twice in two chapters in a great detail, it almost felt like Ace situation for me. It just needed the caption Shogun is dead and it was complete, but with this revelation it felt like rubbing it in our faces. Hattori has clearly killed someone, who was able to fool Rotten with his make up, voice and mannerism imitation (the other ninja decoy had a clearly off face). The third thing is I believe that Sorachi basically threw off any possible development in this arc or its immediate aftermath; Takasugi got baited - flees, Kamui got baited - flees, Nobunobu - on hospital standby, ninja clan leader - disposed of, Sho-chan - if alive, then reaches Kyoto or whatever goal he had, but nothing else from weeding out some ninja weeds that were unknown to us, so of no reader consequence. Unless somebody else appears (I wonder about Koga ninja clan), then this is a waste of an arc (aside from the battle scenes).
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, I gotta say that I'm a bit disappointed that the shogun is still alive.
I thought that his death would finally advance the plot...

The only good thing about this is that Hattori is not a traitor anymore.
I kinda like the guy! :tem

---------- Post added September 16, 2014 at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was August 22, 2014 at 09:48 PM ----------

Wow, what another great chapter!
I like the bond between Hattori and the Shogun.

And I was really sad when I realized that the double that Hattori killed was the boy that the Shogun saved when they were young... :(

Anyway, I can't wait to see the action next week.
With the Shinobi, the Samurai and the Yatos, we're sure to have an interesting battle!

---------- Post added September 26, 2014 at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2014 at 06:11 AM ----------

Why is no one talking about Gintama?!!
Those past few chapters are so great!!

I really don't understand why this manga is not on everyone top 5.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the latest chapters are so action-focused, so maybe everyone is just reading in awe? :XD Another great chap anyway, not sure when Sorachi last used a double-spread (and such an epic one too), so that was great. Seeing all those beasts fight a bunch of Yato's is beyond awesome :zomg
 

Cyrs

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
678
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
Why is no one talking about Gintama?!!
Those past few chapters are so great!!

I really don't understand why this manga is not on everyone top 5.
It's in my top 5 for sure.

I think it's not talked about as much because it's not really a battle manga. It's more character-focused and has short arcs. It's different from plot-focused series where there is some clear ending to speculate about, and battle match-ups to argue over.

Gintama is a breath of fresh air in that regard. It's unpredictable and entertaining.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This new chapter was simply EPIC.
This arc is definitely the best arc since the start of this manga.

I don't know if they plan on starting the anime again, but I hope they will at least make that arc into a movie!
I want to see it animated!!
 

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All I know is Takasugi better prep for a beating.
Though at the same time... dont like where this manga is headed. It almost feels like everything is coming to head and its ending soon.

Gin got takasugi's number, cant say about kagura vs kamui.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow so it really comes down to Kagura vs. Kamui and Gin vs. Takasugi? :o I sure hope this doesn't mean Gintama really is going to end. It could end like that I guess, but it seems so sudden and I don't want to see it go yet :crying
In any case, another amazing chapter :zomg
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh my god!!
This manga is so epic!!

This chapter was perfect, and it seems we are finally heading toward the biggest fight!
Kamui vs Kagura and Takasugi vs Gintoki!!

This really does look like like the kind of fight we would get at the end of the manga, though!
I hope it doesn't mean it's ending soon!
 

Mohsen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
2,893
Reaction score
1,283
Gender
Male
Country
Storm's End
Oh my god!!
This manga is so epic!!

This chapter was perfect, and it seems we are finally heading toward the biggest fight!
Kamui vs Kagura and Takasugi vs Gintoki!!

This really does look like like the kind of fight we would get at the end of the manga, though!
I hope it doesn't mean it's ending soon!
I agree with you. Gintama if it has a serious arc it easily puts other manga's to shame.
I doubt that we will see a conclusion of this fight cause one Kagura shouldn't stand a chance against Kamui and second Zura is missing. Where is Zura?
I mean isn't this his chance to strenghten his fraction?
So I at least hope that the fight will get interrupted until all the main fighters join this war. I mean Okita is near death,Zura is missing, Tsukyo is also nowhere to be seen( the same goes for the other main fighters).
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I agree with you. Gintama if it has a serious arc it easily puts other manga's to shame.
I doubt that we will see a conclusion of this fight cause one Kagura shouldn't stand a chance against Kamui and second Zura is missing. Where is Zura?
I mean isn't this his chance to strenghten his fraction?
So I at least hope that the fight will get interrupted until all the main fighters join this war. I mean Okita is near death,Zura is missing, Tsukyo is also nowhere to be seen( the same goes for the other main fighters).
I agree that Kagura is weaker than Kamui, but she will most likely always be.
I mean... this manga is not the kind of manga where people train and get stronger.

I really doubt Kagura will ever get a "power-up", like another character would get in a manga like Naruto, or Bleach.

So, she's probably as strong as she will be at the end of the manga.
And aside from when she goes batshit crazy (like she did in the Yoshiwara arc), she has no way of getting stronger...

As for the missing people, I agree that Zura should be there for the final fight, so the fight between Takasugi and Gintoki isn't the last.
As for Tsuki, she doesn't need to be there in every arc.

There were some serious arc were Sacchan wasn't there, so it's fine if this time it's only her. As long as it's not the finale arc.
 

Mohsen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
2,893
Reaction score
1,283
Gender
Male
Country
Storm's End
I agree that Kagura is weaker than Kamui, but she will most likely always be.
I mean... this manga is not the kind of manga where people train and get stronger.

I really doubt Kagura will ever get a "power-up", like another character would get in a manga like Naruto, or Bleach.

So, she's probably as strong as she will be at the end of the manga.
And aside from when she goes batshit crazy (like she did in the Yoshiwara arc), she has no way of getting stronger...

As for the missing people, I agree that Zura should be there for the final fight, so the fight between Takasugi and Gintoki isn't the last.
As for Tsuki, she doesn't need to be there in every arc.

There were some serious arc were Sacchan wasn't there, so it's fine if this time it's only her. As long as it's not the finale arc.
Besides that wasn't Oboro portrayed as Ginotki's nemesis? So if this arc would be the final one then he Oboro and maybe Jirocho should also be there too.
The last enemy would be the one who took Takasugis eye and that he and Gintoki couldn't best.
I'm talking about the one that is shown by 2:00 minutes in this amv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTGbtz-NXY
 

Hunt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
540
Reaction score
1,202
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
Spoil !!
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Another nice chapter, setting up the biggest fights of the manga!

I was happy to see that Shinpachi was at least participating in the action.
Although, I would have like that his fight with Henpeita would have been a bit more extrapolated.

He basically came from behind and hit him with a stick...
I thought it would be a battle of wits, or something... too bad...

Also, it seems that, even thought this is a very serious arc, the main heroes are not taking it seriously enough...
I mean... you are only going to stunned them, really?!!

Shinpachi should definitely have killed Henpeita, not stun him...
I understand that this is a shonen manga, and that in those type of manga, it's rare to have the heroes killing people, but it's damaging the story, IMO.

It just looks like a little bit less credible, if the heroes never kill the villains (especially when they've been killing fodders for the past few chapters).
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Loved the chap, Hanzou and the Shogun fighting side by side :zomg I mean Takasugi vs. Gintoki obviously is the thing everyone's looking forward to like mad (me included) but the Shogun and Hanzou were the stars of the arc, Sorachi never fails to deliver the feels :') Looking forward to the clash now, that's going to be one hell of an epic battle :blai

Another nice chapter, setting up the biggest fights of the manga!

Also, it seems that, even thought this is a very serious arc, the main heroes are not taking it seriously enough...
I mean... you are only going to stunned them, really?!!

Shinpachi should definitely have killed Henpeita, not stun him...
I understand that this is a shonen manga, and that in those type of manga, it's rare to have the heroes killing people, but it's damaging the story, IMO.

It just looks like a little bit less credible, if the heroes never kill the villains (especially when they've been killing fodders for the past few chapters).
Don't really see anything wrong with that, there's enough blood and kills flying around already. If anything I would consider it weird for Shinpachi to just kill Henpeita, he's always been the most soft out of the Yorozuya. Him mercilesly going for the kill would be out of character to me, killing or stunning them changes nothing atm, he simply wanted to stop them from disrupting the fight. I don't doubt for a second that Gintoki and Kagura have to kill Takasugi and Kamui, the two simply are unstoppable otherwise.
 

royalq

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
any news on the anime starting again?
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It as finally come!
A flashback of Gintoki, Katsura and Takasugi!!

Sure, it's not about the Amanto War, but it doesn't matter really, any flashback about them is great.
I've been waiting for this arc since I started reading Gintama!!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well this flashback is basically the origin of Gintama, so I couldn't be any more pleased that we finally get to see the whole thing (hopefully). Only a little Gintoki vs. Takasugi so far, but what we got already was great. Two good-for-nothing's deciding the fate of the whole country, loving it :XD

Kagura vs. Kamui was just as great so far. All dem feels are killing me!
 
Top