Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Great news :^_^ :

Gintama Gets New TV Anime Series in April​

Source : ANN


ANN said:
The Gintama event at Jump Festa 2015 announced on Sunday that a new television anime series has been green-lit. The new series will premiere on TV Tokyo and its affiliates in April 2015.

Hideaki Sorachi's original Gintama action comedy manga inspired a television anime that premiered in 2006 and continued (with several extended hiatuses) until 2013. It also inspired two movies, including the "final" Gekijōban Gintama Kanketsu-hen: Yorozuya yo Eien Nare film that opened last year.

This year's Jump Special Anime Festa event tour debuted a one-episode Gintama special in November. That special is shipping on a DVD with the 58th manga volume on April 3, 2015.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Great news :^_^ :

Gintama Gets New TV Anime Series in April​

Source : ANN
That"s so great!!!
I can't wait to see those great arcs being animated.

Especially that last one.
That was definitely the best arc ever!

The only thing that I really didn't like about this arc: Where the F was Zura all this time?!?
Seriously... he's such an important character, and he was totally left out of an arc that was focusing on the past of the Shouyou student.

That's really... almost unforgivable...
His friends were dying and he didn't even show up.
I hope we get an explanation of what he was doing during that time...
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nobody wanna talk about the newest raw? :c
I mean, it was the chapter where
Shogun was poisoned and spend his last moment at this sister's side, drinking her tea before dieing.

How could we not talk about what Gorilla did there? ;_;
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
It's just.. so sad.

I already prepare my heart for when he died once, so him dying again doesn't have as big of an impact as the first time. But spending your last moment with your family is a nice scene indeed.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Wow they spent half the chapter setting up his return so it still hit me hard when it happened, and poor Soyo having her brother die on her lap and not knowing it.
 

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wonder how the news will spread... i question how they will all react.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That was a really sad but a beautiful scene...
It's rare that someone dies in this manga, but it had to happened for the plot, I guess...

Now I wonder just how this manga can return to being funny and stupid in the following weeks.
That should be very hard with such an arc, especially with the death of a character as a finale for that arc!
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Chap 525 spoilers :

:pout

From Tieba




So Nobunobu entrusted Sasaki to investigate Shigeshige death, and it’s giving Matsudaira the fault for failing to protect the shogun and that goes for his subordinates too, as a result, the Shinsengumi is being disbainded and kondo taken away for decapitation, the very same day !

Source : Luno trbl



Edit :



Another heartbreaking chap !! Chinese scan : http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/4435
 
Last edited:

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
...Nooo!! bloody hell what a nightmare this has become. If Kondou really bites the dust, what will happen to hijikata and sougo?

this is happening way too fast, I wasn't ready for this. Not like this... Sorachi I wasn't ready, damn it!

*legitimately freaking out*
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No way Gorilla will let Gorilla-san die, relax. Kondou will get saved and start forming a rebel party against the new shogun and everyone will be happy.^^

If he does loses his head though...damn... that would be even more shocking than the Shogun getting murdered.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
3J.Rye said:
No way Gorilla will let Gorilla-san die, relax. Kondou will get saved and start forming a rebel party against the new shogun and everyone will be happy.^^
Considering what Kondo said & how he left Gin, I'm very pessimistic. And if he really dies this way, it will be the saddest death in manga/animes for me, so far.

Kewl0210 said:
Gin: And those souls
still aren't dead.

Not as long as there are those that carry on those ideas.
Shige: You are the only ones
I can entrust Edo to.

Kondou: Then we don't need a funeral
or any words of farewell, huh?
Exchanging these sake cups is plenty.
[...]
Kon: I'm glad you have the same feelings as me.
That there are some things you have to protect no matter whose corpses you have to step over.
SFX: ZAH
Kon: Tell this to Toshi and the others for me.
Don't do anything stupid,
Edo still needs you.

Well... I've passed it on.
And also...
[...]
Insert: Pain that's chained together----

Gintama 525
 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ooookay, that does sound bad, I admit. But I also think that there is no way his comrades and Toshi will let him die, they will do something to save their captain! I know it!
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, I agree.
It's not the first time that people excange really dramatic goodbye, but survive anyway.

I'm 99% sure that Kondo will be saved, but still... if he does die, that will be terrible.
I just... can't even imagine it.

PS:
When the hell are we going to see Zura again!? What the hell is he doing during all this?! He better have a good explanation!
 

turok

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
United States
honestly, Zura's appearance couldn't be better timed than right now. What has katsura been doing this whole time?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kondo... impossible. I won't believe it. I can't believe it. He's very close to my favorite character (definitely at least in the top 3). I categorically refuse to believe anything bad could happen to him. Gorillas are immortal!

That being said, in the completely impossible and strictly theoretical scenario where he got killed off my reaction would be very much in the neiborhood of...

 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
No, please. Just no. Gorilla-sensei, stop it already. We are supposed to laugh, not to cry. First the Shogun and now Kondou? This could be the saddest moment since Okita's sister.
 

Mohsen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
2,893
Reaction score
1,283
Gender
Male
Country
Storm's End
I doubt Sorachi will kill off two characters in a row.
There is no way Hijikata or Sougo would sit still if they really try to kill of Gorilla-san.

Besides that who does Kondo mean with the three of us? Does he mean Gin,himself and ?The former shogun?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Not sure :):


Sorachi from vol 50 :

So, the change it’s been so fast that I didn’t have the chance to say a good thing, so I will say it now.

Saito-san thanks for being with me during this 1 and half a year, the most terrible period for Gintama. If I will be in such a state and being addicted to soap lands ever again, I will never forget how you protected with your own body me and Gintama, and you surely will keep to do it. You can not mistake, Gintama has one gorilla and this one gorilla is the author. If this movie will be a hit it wil be all thanks to Matsuo-san, if it wil do well, please say it’s becasue I was of help, I will give you 300 yen.

So for the 6th of july it’s been annunced this gorilla last work “Be forever Yorozuya: The last chapter”. To repay Babakonga for his favours please go to watch the movie. Thanks


Source : Luno Trbr
---------- Post added January 22, 2015 at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was January 21, 2015 at 01:07 PM ----------

Spoiler chap 526 :pout

I'm speechless, brace yourself :


From Ishuhui
He did it, told you :( :





Edit : It may be Hijakata's dream according to some comments I've read.
 
Last edited:

Master OZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Well, there goes my theory that Sakamoto would rescue him. I hope we will get to see everyone´s reaction (Otae in particular). I wonder why Matsudaira´s is not with his? In any case, I always wondered why we didn´t get so many Kondo exclusive flashbacks (the only one that comes to mind is the gorilla thief) and there it is.
With a display of such an attitude from Nobunobu, I hope everybody relevant will bail out from the planet. timeskip wink wnink nudge niudge.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just a dream? I dunno, maybe, but I think that would feel a bit cheap. Not that I want Kondo dead, but yeah, it is unlikely that he could survive this. :/
 
Top