God of War II | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

God of War II

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
i just wanted to know what you guys think of this game. its gonna be coming out in march and they got videos of the beginning level over at gamevideos.com, i played the first one and i wasn't disappointed, what drew me in was the story it was great and the huge boss battles, it looks like this part is going the way of the first and im happy to say thats not a bad thing, i bought the first strategy guide cause i liked the art that was in it, i cant say enough about the most anticipated sequel for the ps2, what do u guys think?

Venom65437

The first one is nuts no doubt, I'm sure this one will be too.

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah that game totally rocks. I loved the first part so much. The graphics were stunning for a ps2 game and the whole style of the game was just incredible. Also the end bosses were so cool because I love this trigger thing to kill them...

Part 2 looks even better. We know a few of the bosses already and they seem to be even more kickass than in part one also the levels are designed with so much love again...cant wait for this game.

La_Muerte

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
wat was amazing about he bosses was their size and how u had to use ur surroundings to beat em, it wasnt ur regular button smasher, also the development of kratos as a character is one of the best ive seen in any game character

hotsuma316

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
All the graphics and scenery are good, but for me its all kratos. The guys just oozes Tony Montana machismo on steroids, can't wait for the more fleshed out boobs...ahem, raging blood lust from this guy

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
In general all the followup are not as great as the first one... But there are millions of exceptions.

And i Know that God Of War II will be one of those exceptions.

abXIIII

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
God of War in general is a great game
with all the battle scenes and the boss fights it's really great also the graphics and the effects are cool espacially when slashing a large number of enemies.
I'm really lookin forward to it it's gonna be awesome.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I played the demo with the colossus... just one thing...

ITS FUCKING AWESOME

Seriously I love this game already...they added a buch of new and really killerattacks for the blades
The L1+X(or was it quater?) attack is so awesome. I made 180 hits in one turn...haha so funny especially in small halls :D:D
Also there are new nasty moves on R1+buttons (if I remember that right)

And the fight with the colossus was so damn awesome...I loved that demo from the first second! At least a game that seems not to be worse than its predecessor. Guess it could even be better. The graphics are one of the best the ps2 has to offer!

-
anyone played it till now =) ?

Last edited:

Siru

Reaction score
Country
United States
I rented this game in my local video store for 5 day, I'm currently trying to get to the Sisters of Fate. Though I'm stuck and confused how I'm supposeto get past the Medua Door with glowy green eyes.

Anyone know how long this game is?

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I rented this game in my local video store for 5 day, I'm currently trying to get to the Sisters of Fate. Though I'm stuck and confused how I'm supposeto get past the Medua Door with glowy green eyes.

Anyone know how long this game is?
Depends..on your first try like 10-15 hours if you are experienced shorter...to your pointed I need like 5hours in the second try^^

Btw you cant access that thing at the moment..just go right from the door and after that the left way. You have to obtain the fleece or however its called so that you can reflect the beams =)

Siru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, I'm currently about to engage against Eurylae or however you spell it. >.< Hopefully I can beat this game before I have to return it.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Woah I think its possible (just depends how much free time you have)
I almost finished it one day if there wouldnt have been a problem with the disc :s

Eurylae is quite easy =) with blocking and a bit common sense you can figure out her attack pattern quite easily. Should be easy for you =)

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I don't know about anyone else. But i beat GoW2 and I felt kinda ripped off. Dont get me wrong the game was great. It just seemed too short .... like it was really just a $50, less than 15hr gameplay trailer for the 3rd game. .... just felt kinda like it' wasn't a real sequel to the first game and more like a bonus extra stage that should've been added to the first game.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I don't know about anyone else. But i beat GoW2 and I felt kinda ripped off. Dont get me wrong the game was great. It just seemed too short .... like it was really just a $50, less than 15hr gameplay trailer for the 3rd game. .... just felt kinda like it' wasn't a real sequel to the first game and more like a bonus extra stage that should've been added to the first game.
Really?
I think it at least the same playlength like the first part. Also I like part 2 already much more than part 1. I dont know but for me it felt more perfect. The locations were so awesome again (one thing I really like about the series) more weapons (even I only used the normals blades). Some new magic...new moves ... a lot of new extra items and gameplay additions. Seriously I dont know where they could've made the game better. I cant wait for the ps3 version with shades and so...that will be sooooooo awesome!!!!

Also have you beaten the game on titan mode already? I think it takes at least 20-25h just to beat it in god and titan mode (if you're good). After that you got all the challenges to entertain you for a few more hours also some nice stuff on the bonus disc...

Siru

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't access my bonus disc since everytime I instert it I get blocked by parental control or something and no one knows the password to get by it. Kinda sux.

I'm playing on Spartan mode, God and Titan Mode seem too tough for me. O_O Playing the 2nd one makes me want to play the 1st one.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
This game rules!!!!! I'm almost done playing it, just a few more hours. :p

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't access my bonus disc since everytime I instert it I get blocked by parental control or something and no one knows the password to get by it. Kinda sux.

I'm playing on Spartan mode, God and Titan Mode seem too tough for me. O_O Playing the 2nd one makes me want to play the 1st one.
you never played the first? O-o

Status
Not open for further replies.