Gol D. Rogers crew/nakama | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gol D. Rogers crew/nakama

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well to make a consise point does anyone else find it weird that we've seen and heard all about Roger ... and his exploits .. even his execution but no one so much as utters a word about him having any crew ... or nakama to speak of ... I mean we've encounter at least two people who claim to have met roger... Gan fall and tom... But no one mentions his crew or anyone from his crew being executed... Just wondering myself?? Anyone else got any info ... or ideas??[br]Posted on: August 26, 2006, 04:47:37 AM_________________________________________________112 views and counting and no one has any ideas ..... :( :blink

Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Anti-panda said:
112 views and counting and no one has any ideas ..... :( :blink
120 and the first arrives.

Gol D Rogers ship doctor:

Gol D Rogers Navigator? he can fix the weather so why not?:

Gol D Rogers something:

its not totally impossible....

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Probably his crew members are still alive and Eiichiro has yet to reveal them. Probably have a purpose in helping Luffy and his crew. Maybe go rescue them from the Buster Call Ha ha. And Dragon might've been someone to Gol D. Roger but I doubt a crew member because then the world goverment would've killed him.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The third one is impossible as he states he has been at the lighthouse the past 20 or w/e years so he is NOT part of his crew.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
refii said:
The third one is impossible as he states he has been at the lighthouse the past 20 or w/e years so he is NOT part of his crew.
Roger died 20 years ago.

and the dragon as the navigator? Very possible. Nami can in a way or another "control" the weather, which would make it even more possible. And the doctor is kind of like Chopper, so she probably was Gold D. Roger's doctor. Also I don't think all of his crew were strong. Just like Luffy's, there are some who are weak, but still handy like Usopp.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
refii said:
what? people cant lie in that world?

renrutal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As BoffenJL stated, I believe the straw hats have been meeting Gol D's crew for a very long time.

Why they are alive but Roger is not, it beats me. No one ever said anything about how the former Pirate King was captured.

If he's exactly like Ruffy, he'd prefer to die with a smile in the face before giving up their nakama.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Crocus, the flower/lighthouse guy, stated that he was his pirate ships doctor, hence knowing enough to dope Laboon down. He also "spoke" directly to Roger ('s ghost), which makes it seems like he knew him personally, at least more than just knowing his true name..

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
wow.. alot of food for thought .. thanx .... :amuse
It's interesting but I think, It'll be interesting to learn more about gol and his nakama/crew... We may have even encountered more of them than we realize.
Oh.. and maybe gol handed himself over in return for a pardon for his nakama.... or maybe he had expirenced all the adventures he could in this world and was ready to tackle the next. I doubt they would pardon gol's crew unless he had some heavy "HEAVY" leverage.. I mean they were going to convict/execute Tom just for building his ship... that's guilt by indirect Association.

SchmoDawg

Reaction score
renrutal said:
As BoffenJL stated, I believe the straw hats have been meeting Gol D's crew for a very long time.

Why they are alive but Roger is not, it beats me. No one ever said anything about how the former Pirate King was captured.

If he's exactly like Ruffy, he'd prefer to die with a smile in the face before giving up their nakama.
Yeah I always thought that roger allowed himself to be executed so that his nakama could go free, I'm sure we'll figure it out in a few hundred chapters haha

Xenos

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
White beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Xenos said:
Whire beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P
whaaa???? i would really like to know where you read that! they fought and they tied. but same crew?
what? never heard that. if you can find where you read that please post it!

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Xenos said:
White beard was in rogers crew.. i dont know where i read that but i know its verified.. somehow :P
White beard was known as the only man who could fight roger equally .. they were rivals ... like i said we've never been told that anyone was one of rogers crew... not strait out anyway it may have been implied but i never got anything on white beard... only that he's freakin huge ... strong ... and the closest man to one piece

tqm_z

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
what about Robin's mother - maybe she did wrote Roger's name on the Golden Belfry at Skypiea...

reason 1 - only people from Ohara ressurect and understand Phoneglyph language, after since hundred years forgotten.

reason 2 - her mother escapes from WG, Ohara incident and Roger's death just coincidenly 20 years ago. she possibly met Roger and travelling together to Raftel.

reason 3 - she has been appeared in the story just like people mentioned above... can't be another Oharian.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
hmmm... thats not impossible at all.. why didnt i think of that... good theory tgm_z!

(and welcome to the forum!)

Xenos

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
yeah could make sence.

DesiSkull

Reaction score
there is very good possibility that Nico Olvia had met with Gol D. and worked with him. cuz there is the possibility that the OnePiece itself can be related to the finding out the void in history the 100th years of missing history. cuz remember when on the golden bell Robin read what Roger had wrote there. it could all be very well connected. and cuz of all taht Nico Olvia might have met with Gol D. and breifly worked with him or stayed with him. and the reason of Gol D. executions could very well be he finding out about the missing history.

hyper_megaman

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
wonder who mr nico was
totally no mention of him at all

spactaa

Reaction score
Country
France
Nico Olivia met Roger and was very impressed by the size of his one piece, so they spent some quality time together.
No kidding, I'm sure gol D roger's story must have been similar in one point with what luffy is going through right now (maybe just before he was arrested), trying to save his crew no matter what).

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
As more and more characters are revealed, there will be a lot of speculations..
This is totally my speculation --> Taking the points from this discussion, isn't it that Roger's crew is getting really similar to Luffy's? Not to mention the relationship with their counterparts between the two crews...

Luffy = Roger (relationship is still on debate)
Chopper = Dr. Kureha (former student and mentor)
Nami = Dragon (I don't know what kind of relationship with Nami, perhaps just sailing abilities)
Franky = Tom (I count Franky as a SH, as the shipwright)
Robin = Olivia (archeologist, assuming Olivia is with Roger before)
Zoro = ???
Sanji = ???
Usopp = ???