Discussion Gon without Killua and new goals ?

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thinking about it, its going to be so weird Gon traveling alone... I can't picture it. It always felt like HxH had dual protagonist since Killua was there since the beginning. How do you guys think Gon will fair without ANY of his friends ?

Also, now that Gon found his father... what will be his new goal ? Will it be to follow in his fathers footsteps and want to go to the Dark Continent ? Will it be a whole new goal, or will it just be to become an amazing Hunter ?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have a feeling Gon's going to want to become an amazing hunter, but his travels are going to take him to the Dark Continent, so I guess a mix of both. I don't think he's ever going to be alone in his travels, and right now it seems he's doing his own thing with Kite and the amateur hunters.

Instead of Gon and his goals, I'm more interested to see what the other characters are going to be doing, and what their thoughts and goals are in regards to the dark continent. Gon is the type to head out there and explore, but what about Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua? At least for Kurapika and Killua, it seems those two have their own personal agendas to attend to.
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
I doubt he's as interested in his father as you guys make him out to be. IMO Gon just sees him as the end goal - finding Ging was his hunt. Now that he's achieved that, i find it likely he'll pursue his own stuff, whatever that is. He might actually stick with Kite, who he probably feels more strongly about.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,255
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
He will tell Aunt Mito that he finally met his father.
Either Kite, Leorio, Chimera Ant Arc Comrades, or Biscuit will be coming with Gon
or he will be together with his father make a move on the dark continent/Netero's son issue.
I would like to see a Gon and Gyro Confrontation.

Btw the Ging and Mito's grandmother was not showed in the Chapter 339...is she dead? Haha. (wtf?)
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He will tell Aunt Mito that he finally met his father.
Either Kite, Leorio, Chimera Ant Arc Comrades, or Biscuit will be coming with Gon
or he will be together with his father make a move on the dark continent/Netero's son issue.
I would like to see a Gon and Gyro Confrontation.

Btw the Ging and Mito's grandmother was not showed in the Chapter 339...is she dead? Haha. (wtf?)
She was probably in the house :p I doubt she died.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hmm so everyone thinks he's going to stick with " New " Kite ? That would be cool I guess.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It will be a role reversal. Think of it like this, Killua was folllowing Gon to find his goal. Now that Killua found that goal he has to leave.
Now where does this leave Gon? Without a goal. His goal will now be to find his goal. Once you've achieved everything you set out to do, what else is there to accomplish?
I think that this will be one of themes Togashi will tackle with Gon in the coming arcs. I personally think Gon will travel with Kite (his real father figure).
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think He will end somehow in the Dark Continent, but not because it's his will. Mark my words.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think He will end somehow in the Dark Continent, but not because it's his will. Mark my words.
Not by his will, but I also don't think he'll protest against it when it happens.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,255
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I think He will end somehow in the Dark Continent, but not because it's his will. Mark my words.
Certainly right Uriel. Gon is not the type of character that will care on those issues. He would end up there because the enemies would want to? He would end up there because someone special is needed to be rescued? Hmm... Let's just see...
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What if he ends up there because he's working with Kite and the amateur hunters? He goes with them to investigate the unique fauna over there? It seems he's working with them right now.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Gon is obviously going to help prepare Leorio for his big exam so that he can get into Med School. Joking of course, though I do wish Gon and Leorio would team-up in the next arc.
 

shareme

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
69
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
either gon will stay/travel with *new* kite's group or gon will travel alone and then he, kurapika and the spiders will cross paths again. the kuruta tribe have connections with the outer world and that's why gon will get involved with it.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Honestly, I'm kind of hoping Gon will travel alone for a while.

He was nothing short of a wreck for half the Chimera Ant arc and would've ended up thoroughly dead if not for Killua and Alluka. The way he was so quick to jump to suicide and not accept anyone's help put some red flags up for me. And coincidentally, that's exactly like how Killua was when he first started travelling with Gon. The difference is that while we've watched the best friend develop into an independant character for years now, Gon himself has just been getting worse in that department. It just wasn't until the recent arcs that that accumulating contrast between the two finally showed itself in the worst way possible. As a bonus, it was never even addressed as being 'fixed' afterwards. It could just as easily happen again. And the next time it does, I want Gon to be on his own.

I'd like to see his character grow while his goals take backseat for once. Especially now that he's found Ging.

.....or, we could get an epic Leorio arc. That's cool too.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gon's one of those guys who is more about the journey not the end result so I don't think he even needs any goals.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
He was nothing short of a wreck for half the Chimera Ant arc and would've ended up thoroughly dead if not for Killua and Alluka. The way he was so quick to jump to suicide and not accept anyone's help put some red flags up for me. And coincidentally, that's exactly like how Killua was when he first started travelling with Gon. The difference is that while we've watched the best friend develop into an independant character for years now, Gon himself has just been getting worse in that department. It just wasn't until the recent arcs that that accumulating contrast between the two finally showed itself in the worst way possible. As a bonus, it was never even addressed as being 'fixed' afterwards. It could just as easily happen again. And the next time it does, I want Gon to be on his own.
I don't want to associate any "relationship terms" with Gon and Killua, but the two really need a break. And based on their parting, I have the feeling that Killua is still a little put off by what happened, even after Gon apologized.

And I agree. We saw a ton of Killua development. I think we need to see some Gon development too, though we got a taste of it in the ant arc, but in a more tragic way.

I'm all for a Leorio arc. I wouldn't be opposed to an arc with just Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika. But most of all, I want to see some Leorio action.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I don't want to associate any "relationship terms" with Gon and Killua, but the two really need a break. And based on their parting, I have the feeling that Killua is still a little put off by what happened, even after Gon apologized.

And I agree. We saw a ton of Killua development. I think we need to see some Gon development too, though we got a taste of it in the ant arc, but in a more tragic way.
This is why I think it'd be wise to have Gon travel by himself for a while. Sure he's the main character and has been present in every single arc, but we've rarely seen him by himself and I think it's a good chance for him to in lack of a better term, "grow up" when/if he ever starts travelling with the others again. And this 'growing up' is the kind of thing he can only do when Killua isn't around. I personally think Killua left more for this reason rather than because he was peeved off or anything...especially since, once again, he used to be the exact same (not letting Gon help him).

Ah, and I didn't mean to imply that. I was just using Killua as an example since he's been around and gone through the same things Gon has. The differences in ending results are massive.

I'm all for a Leorio arc. I wouldn't be opposed to an arc with just Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika. But most of all, I want to see some Leorio action.
We all do. I wouldn't mind a Leorio and Kurapika arc actually, since I'm also kind of interested in what Kurapika is going to do now.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Hardly Gon will stand alone... Do not forget that Kurapika and Leorio are gone for a long time..... I think Togashi will return them
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
True. I think at least Kurapika will be involved somehow in the next arc.

Though we were talking more on terms of someone actually travelling with Gon. No matter what really, Kurapika and Leorio would most likely go their seperate ways again. Strange thought but if Togashi introduced a new deuteragonist...I wouldn't know how to feel about that.
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
True. I think at least Kurapika will be involved somehow in the next arc.

Though we were talking more on terms of someone actually travelling with Gon. No matter what really, Kurapika and Leorio would most likely go their seperate ways again. Strange thought but if Togashi introduced a new deuteragonist...I wouldn't know how to feel about that.
mmmm I don't see that happening. If anything Kite will be the next character for a while at least. I don't see a MAIN character just appearing now. But hey, it IS HxH, anything can happen.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Though we were talking more on terms of someone actually travelling with Gon. No matter what really, Kurapika and Leorio would most likely go their seperate ways again. Strange thought but if Togashi introduced a new deuteragonist...I wouldn't know how to feel about that.
An arc deuteragonist maybe, but there's so much investment in Killua's character that I don't think Togashi will make a new series deuteragonist. But I guess anything could happen. When they parted, they made it clear to each other that if something comes up, to contact the other person, and they'll come tag along.

Plus, I want to see Killua and Feitan face off at some point.

I agree with everyone saying Kurapika will come back, though.
 
Top