GreenMoriyama's thread..... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

GreenMoriyama's thread.....

Green Moriyama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Though I've been translating for more than three years, I'm sure I'm still not famous in the Edited Manga world. Yet, I hope you viewers would comment...

I'm Green Moriyama and a Japanese-born JP/EN translator. I've worked for a good hand of scan sites, but currently, I'm probably known for being part of the now-closed Ala-Atra Scans and the other sites such as Vortex Scans and Imanga Scans. I'm personally on a "break" from Red Hawk Scans.
Series I've been for translating so far includes White Album (Redhawk;completed ch19-25[end]), Nagasarete Airantou (Ala-Atra scans;completed 98-101, from there on, shared ch102 to 134 with fellow translator guibin; back to solo translating since ch135), Bakuman (Redhawk;completed ch138-142, I worked only as a temp translator, so it was passed on to another translator after 142), and Okujyouhime (Scarface scans/Extra scans;completed ch1, 3 and beyond, ch2 was translated by another person due to certain reasons).

I've done others, but these possibly are the ones I'm much more known for translating because: I was the one who completed White Album, I'm currently translating Nagasarete still, Bakuman was a popular series, and Okujyouhime had some popularity at its start. I'll probably name others if someone asks....

Anyways, comment as you wish. ^^
I would prefer if you comment here instead of PMing me on most occasions if possible Please PM me instead of commenting here as I am notified right away of any PM, resulting in faster responses. I would also like to note that my schedule is busy in the current, and if you desire my help, keep in mind I cannot do entire series. A chapter, yes, but a volume may be out of my reach for now...but please ask still. I do apologize if I don't respond to your comments for more than a month; it usually means I'm on a hiatus of my own...

Thank you to everyone who's read this thread.

Last edited:

trunkschan90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to meet you GreenMoriyama, I was wondering if you would like to help translate a series for me if you're not busy.

Green Moriyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to meet you GreenMoriyama, I was wondering if you would like to help translate a series for me if you're not busy.
What genre? Weekly or monthly? What scan group will it be under? I might have the time if it fits my criteria. Sorry if I'm being a bit selfish in the decisions...

Green Moriyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm...well, not to be too blunt, but the series seems be quite old.....the story itself seems good, but I have to decline as it doesn't suite my taste....sorry for the rejection, but this is what I wish to say. Thank you for requesting me.

Green Moriyama

latallat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that's quite a list ^.^ I've read a few of your works- they're great, thank you very much :)

I wish I could translate xD I can do other things (scan, PR, edit, QC) but one day would like to achieve translator status too ^.^ -> though this is very far off... hehe XD

Green Moriyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow that's quite a list ^.^ I've read a few of your works- they're great, thank you very much :)

I wish I could translate xD I can do other things (scan, PR, edit, QC) but one day would like to achieve translator status too ^.^ -> though this is very far off... hehe XD
Thank you. I very much appreciate your kind words. I hope you will be able to be part of a Edited Manga team.

Spread the words of the series I translated if you do not mind XP

kaitok

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello GreenMoriyama, would like to ask if you're interested in helping me translate Jap > Eng 2 chapters of Black Rock Shooter Innocent Soul? The current fansub group of this series is in Spanish and they seems to have neglected this 2 chapter for awhile (when I found the raws they were dated back in April 2012).

I'm a typesetter and clean-up artist who is a big fan of this series, so I'll like to push the publishing of this series a bit more. I found the raws on a deviantART journal so I can't really credit them that much. Just 2 chapters, chap 10 with 46 pages and chap 11 with 51 pages. It'll just be a short collaboration and I am not intending to start any fansub group.

Hope you'll reply soon. Thanks!
kaito k

trunkschan90

Reaction score
Country
United States

newnew145

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Nice to meet you. I hope you can help me translate this series Little Jumper:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=11659
It's a good and complete series, but was only translated to chap 16, before the group that scanlated it disbanded.
Overload Scans has agreed to do it, but we still lack a translator, so if you agree to help, it'd be great.
I have all of the remaining raws, so if you're interested, I'll send it to you.
Hope to hear from you soon.

fly high

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hi again=)
I hope you can help me translate this page Here

rimashiro00x

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi there, I hope if you're not too busy you can help me translate a series named: Kimi ga Suki toka Arienai
We already released 2 chapters of it, and our translator is too busy to do the next chapter of it.
Oh, by the way, I'm from Bikkys

Please PM me if you're intrested

DonkeyBlonkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanted to ask if you could translate a chapter or a volume from a Light Novel name: Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken. I have the scans and was hoping you could translate it, otherwise, I can wait :).

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

yukine

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi! Green Moriyama,

We are the turkish group name of Mangayatta. We want to translate one manga. It's Barakamon. But this manga is licensed to english. so we need to who can translate japanese to english. just for volunteriness. we don't care slow translate. we care just good translate. not editing or something.

So please become our translator. My name is Irem and i really need you :)