Group - Group B | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B

Which 4 advance?

• Bloodman

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 67 88.2%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • August

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Minerva

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 2nd, 2017. Voting will end on: May 3rd, 2017.

Group B

Name: Bloodman
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Curses, Ice Devil Slayer Magic
Bloodman is an Etherious, wielding the curses and magic of the Nine Demon Gates as well as their king, he is feared by those on the battlefield who call him the 'Grim Reaper'.
Name: Dimaria Yesta
Magic: Age Seal, Age Scratch, Take Over (God Soul)
Dimaria Yesta is dubbed "Valkyrie" (Goddess of War) for her feats in battle, she is an incredible warrior who is also the vessel of the God of Time, Chronos.
Name: Gildarts Clive
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Crash
Gildarts Clive is an S-Class mage dubbed the 'Ace of Fairy Tail' and is formerly the 5th Fairy Tail Guild Master. He is a strong opponent who wields the destructive Crash magic.
Name: Gray Fullbuster
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Ice Make Magic, Ice Devil Slayer Magic
Gray Fullbuster is a wizard from the Fairy Tail guild who wields Ice Make Magic and Ice Devil Slayer Magic. He is a clever mage who can use his magic in a variety of ways to gain the upper hand against his opponent.
Name: August
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez
Magic: Instantaneous Copy Magic
August is the General of the Spriggan 12 and touted as the strongest wizard among the Shields. He was born with great knowledge of all things, however he has never known the love of a parent, since his father and mother (Zeref and Mavis) weren't aware of the truth about August.
Name: Midnight
Guild/Affiliation: Crime Sorciere
Magic: Reflector
Midnight is a former member of the Dark Guild Oracion Seis and a current member of the independent guild Crime Sorciere. With great combat prowess and his magic, 'Reflector', Midnight is a formidable mage.
Name: Minerva Orland
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: Spacial Magic (Territory), Yakuma Eighteen War Gods Magic
Minerva Orland is a mage from the Sabertooth guild who has been regarded as the strongest there. With powerful magic like Territory as well as combat prowess, she is a force to be reckoned with.
Name: Neinhart
Magic: Historia of the Dead, Wind Magic
Neinhart is a formidable foe with huge magic power and the magic known as 'Historia of the Dead' which allows him to command an army of corpses from his opponents memories.

1. All suicide techniques are restricted (Bloodman's kamikaze tech, Iced Shell of any variant, Ars Magia)
  2. Slayer-type Mages who have never shown advanced modes have no access to them.
  3. In the case of sacrificial spells, as long as the sacrifice isn't the character, it is allowed, however, the sacrificed piece is considered unusable for the remainder of the battle. For example, Lucy is allowed to sacrifice her key(s) to summon the Celestial Spirit King but can no longer use the sacrificed key.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Back! Glad I made it in time for the group stages.

Definitely August, Dimaria, Gray, and Gildarts. Question, is age seal restricted? What about magic nullification?

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nah none of that is restricted. Ars Magia is restricted for August.
It´s going to be one heck of a headache deciding on who could potentially counter Dimaria´s age seal then(I can already envision the MP debates), hahahah, I absolutley love it.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gotta agree with Jarred here. I don't have negative feelings for any FT characters but the strongest here are obvious.
August
Dimaria
Gray
Gildarts

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gotta agree with Jarred here. I don't have negative feelings for any FT characters but the strongest here are obvious.
August
Dimaria
Gray
Gildarts
Is this in order? :hmm

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
First of all Dimaria stops time and get oneshot from August or Gildarts.
Second, every one start spawn their spells, Neinheart will die instantly.
Midnight is very cheaty mage, but he is not so strong to hold someone of Gray's calibre.
And now we have 5 persons: August, Gildarts, Gray, Brad and Minerva.
Obviously first trio is still stronger than others and can kill each of them, but who will last longer? I think Minerva may evade many attacks with her teleport and another dimension, but Brad cant. Gray freeze him and someone kill Brad. So yes, I choose Minerva.

August, Gildarts, Gray, Minerva

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all Dimaria stops time and get oneshot from August or Gildarts.
Second, every one start spawn their spells, Neinheart will die instantly.
Midnight is very cheaty mage, by he is not so strong to hold someone of Gray's calibre.
And now we have 5 persons: August, Gildarts, Gray, Brad and Minerva.
Obviously first trio is still stronger that others and can kill each of them, but who will last longer? I think Minerva may evade many attacks with her teleport and another dimension, but Brad cant. Gray freeze him and someone kill Brad. So yes, I choose Minerva.

August, Gildarts, Gray, Minerva
No i strongly disagree dimaria oneshot Minerva. Minerva barely beat a historia wall and it isn't really confirm that she even beat him. While gildartz and august wouldnt be aware that they were affected gray might not be affected either (it's hard for me to say he fought on par with END)

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Same as everyone. August, Gildarts, Dimaria and Gray. Bloodman cuts it close, but Gray's tackled tougher demons. And Dimaria is as hax as it gets, not looking forward to her 1v1 fights.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
No i strongly disagree dimaria oneshot Minerva. Minerva barely beat a historia wall and it isn't really confirm that she even beat him. While gildartz and august wouldnt be aware that they were affected gray might not be affected either (it's hard for me to say he fought on par with END)
Did you read my post? I said how fight will go in my opinion. If Dimaria will not stop time she may kill somebody, but I choose her timestop to be used from start. So she dies first.
I never said that Minerva can beat Nein, I said he dies in all-fight where many spells from everyone.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Bradman in the same group as Gray, DiMaria and August.... :feelsbadman

Apart from August, this is actually really tough to decide. Gildarts and DiMaria seem like the safest bets after August but, with this being a battle royal, DiMaria could actually end up being one of the first casualties. If she starts using Age Seal straight from the outset (which she likely will), she'll be left fighting an August that has no distractions and (IMO) a Gildarts that can beat her. The second she goes down is when things get really hard to figure out since Minerva can warp around, Midnight can use Reflector to divert attacks, Gray can use his wits and ice-make to stay in the game, and Bradman has a large variety of hax to unleash. To make things more complex, you have Neinhart there and since everyone here is an enemy, that gives him a large variety of historias to summon. Minerva can't really do anything here, she struggled against Historia Wahl so she's pretty much just a distraction. Midnight is tough to gauge and he could cause some confusion via illusions, but any Spriggan tier should be able to put him down without too much difficulty. As for Neinhart, I don't see him lasting long with the amount of firepower being thrown around, especially since he could get blindsided at any point. Bradman's a wild card due to his constant MBP emission + general hax, but Gray is in the arena too and could one-shot him. Assuming DiMaria doesn't get killed/KO'd by August in the opening of the match, she's basically guaranteed to get through, though tbh I could see her getting eliminated right off the bat.

I'm not really sure what to think, this is much harder to judge due to the large variety of hax. I think I'll wait a while before voting.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you read my post? I said how fight will go in my opinion. If Dimaria will not stop time she may kill somebody, but I choose her timestop to be used from start. So she dies first.
I never said that Minerva can beat Nein, I said he dies in all-fight where many spells from everyone.
It could be said in any1 battle royal. Who knows gildartz might go after august first because he sense how powerful he is while dimaria will use time stop gildartz and august will be fighting not knowing that she used TS beacause it doesn't affect them she proceed to oneshot the weaklings that r below her gray would be the only standing while august and gildartz r till fighting bells rings the top 4 advances

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It could be said in any1 battle royal. Who knows gildartz might go after august first because he sense how powerful he is while dimaria will use time stop gildartz and august will be fight not knowing not know that she used TS beacause it doesn't affect them she proceed to oneshot the weaklings that r below her gray would be the only standing while august and gildartz r till fighting bells rings the top 4 advances
Again, I brought my own version. You don't argue now the power or ability of characters, you just give your version of events. But as I found Dimaria for what she is, I have her uses timestop in very beginning.
A and G don't need to fight each others. A can say "One of that trio in TS oneshot with single blow everyone from other 5".

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
1. Dimaria
2. August
3. Gildarts
4. Gray

as much as I love Bloodman, I don't think he can pass them.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
August-Nothing to say.The most favourite to win the Tournament.

Gildarts-He comes second.

Dimaria-I believe Dimaria is tad below Gildarts.Her Age Seal is super.She comes third.

Gray-Gray comes fourth with his full Demonised form.

CaptainTorch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ok, this one is quite interesting. I noticed that a lot of people don't simply vote them by power level, but by how they are going to act in the battle, so I decided to vote taking that factor in.
The way I see the battle:

1.August
I think this is quite obvious. There is no one who could rival August in this battle(and tournament). He can easily copy everyone's magic, and he is a tank as well. I see no possibilities of him losing.

2.Dimaria
Dimaria takes this quite handily. She is not strong enough to beat the top dogs as August, but she is pretty strong nonetheless. But the reason she passes is her Age Seal. Since she can stop time, it will allow her to easily avoid hits from others/land attacks. More than that, she is not an easy target, since she can simply stop time and move freely around the battlefield. Granted, August might be able to bypass her magic, but in that case she can just resume time, and knowing August, he will be busy with more stronger opponents.

3.Gildarts
Gildarts definetly passes. he is the strongest on Ishgar's side(excluding maybe DF Natsu), and his speed and strength are immense. He can easily beat everyone bar Dimaria and August. And he won't lose to both of them that easily, so even if these two target him, the battle will be long. Long enough for the other contestants to get beaten.

4.Gray.
As I think, Gray passes as well. He is a really strong fighter, and there is no one in this group who has a solid advantage over him that would result in Gray getting stomped. He solidly gets the 4th place.

5.Bloodman
As cool as Bloodman is, he is going to get destroyed. He isn't very strong, but he has hax. Sadly, this hax can be easily overtaken by Gray. And taking in the fact that Bloodman is an easy target, Gray will oneshot him.
Bloodman loses.

6.Neinhart
Neinhart is a bit tricky, especially in such a huge battle as this one. Since there's a lot of people, he can summon a lot of historias that potentially match others. But Neinhart still doesn't get into the top 4. He can't summon anything against August, so there is no way he can even match him.
The biggest thing he can summon against Gildarts is God Serena. Since he will summon only one spriggan, there is a chance that God Serena will be at full strength. However, since it was heavily implied that Gildarts would still win against GS at full power, I still think GS loses to him.
Neinhart can't really summon much against Current Gray. The strongest opponents that Gray had are very outdated, and won't play any role whatsoever(example: Ur). And even if he summons something against Dimaria(even though we cant know what it would be), Dimaria will just stop time and destroy the Historia.
So as interesting Neinharts magic is, he won't pass. I don't know how close he gets out of the remaining 4, but it is clear as day he won't par Gray and others.

7.Minerva
Minerva is pretty strong for a normal mage. She is way below Erza, but she can defeat a Historia. However she is still a mid-tier. Which means she gets destroyed this match.

8.Midnight
Midnight will survive for a while with his reflector and illusion, but he won't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.