Growing Like Fingernails

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Mukya~

Well Twilight also wasn't that popular before the movie, certainly no to the point of after films...
The book was this "omg this is so cool and new and awesome" because it was... well, new and fresh (now that actually there are thousands of YA books it seems just bad among them but there was no City of Bones or Vampire Academy (:luv) or THG at that time to compare) but it was really known only among fairly vivid readers, I'd say. Then the movie, boooooooooom and Rob probably started cursing his choice lol. Who knew it'd turn out to be THAT big of a franchise.
Now that you talk about it, I do remember that the first time I read it, I was okay with it... but then, I watched the movie and... :derp
Then, new better series showed up (OMG, you read Vampire Academy? :luv) and Twilight seemed even worse...
I guess some people just love to see handsome vampire after decades of scary ones... (though I won't say the vampires in Twilight are beautiful.. they are too pale.)

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Wait, I missed the family reunion? Why did Hamham disappear? :gwah at least Gats is here

that reminds me, I haven't annoyed yuki in such a long time. Your husband is here yuki-chan :heh
Cih. You're not my husband. Not before, not now, not ever.
I thought you already married someone else.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Mukya~

YUKI!

You read VA? :wtf

Getting ready for The Indigo Spell or not continued to Bloodlines?


:zomg
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Mukya~

YUKI!

You read VA? :wtf

Getting ready for The Indigo Spell or not continued to Bloodlines?


:zomg
Yeah! VA is much better than Twilight, no? Though it's also about vampires.. At least Richelle Mead did more research on the subject than Meyer...

Oh, I haven't continued to Bloodlines since I still have a lot of other books to read. :sweat
Maybe someday I will...
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Mukya~

VA is my favorite YA, I guess :D I think you can't even compare twilight and VA, haha. Just compare Bella and Rose, lulz, that's not even fair xD Twilight is so bleak compared to it. Characters, world, plot twists, authors' guts, and humor, something totally different. It's only the name lol :| I know quite a lot of people that wouldn't have read it if they didn't get thousands of recommendations, because of the vampire theme and the name (easy to associate with crap something like House of Night).

Aww, make sure to read it sometimes. Love it as much as VA. Sydney is a different character from Rose but love her too. And Adrian~~ It's a little less action packed though.
 
Last edited:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Mukya~

VA is my favorite YA, I guess :D I think you can't even compare twilight and VA, haha. Just compare Bella and Rose, lulz, that's not even fair xD Twilight is so bleak compared to it. Characters, world, plot twists, authors' guts, and humor, something totally different. It's only the name lol :| I know quite a lot of people that wouldn't have read it if they didn't get thousands of recommendations, because of the vampire theme and the name (easy to associate with crap something like House of Night).

Aww, make sure to read it sometimes. Love it as much as VA. Sydney is a different character from Rose but love her too. And Adrian~~ It's a little less action packed though.
I can't say its my favorite.. more like it's one of my favorites since I have lots of favorites... but yeah, it's really a great YA among others with the same theme... I was a bit disappointed with the "vampire outbreak" in the YA series since they mostly just copy Twilight, but I'm glad VA is not one of them. I even thought that Richelle Mead made up things like dhampirs but then I found out that it actually exists in Romanian legends which made respect Richelle Mead more since she must have did a deep research on vampirology. :XD
Also, the humor is great. I remember I broke into laughter when I read chapter 1 of Shadow Kiss. It's really something, to be able to make someone laugh in chapter 1.

I'll try to find the books at least, then. When I'll read it... let it be a question for another day.
Sydney is a lot more reserved character than Rose, no? Well, I guess her job doesn't allow so many actions. :p
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mukya~

What's YA?

And this discussion reminds me of my Dimitri. :crying :crying

I finished City of Lost Soul a while ago. To be honest I am at a tired point reading Mortal Instruments because I feel there's just always, always, something to get in the line between Clary and Jace. Perhaps the story wouldn't be interesting with such complication, but I'd rather have the plot heavy in action strategy or something like that. But I still enjoyed the series in general.

nii-kun was with Evil? YOU DARE TO CHEAT ON MOM?! :modsmack
 
Last edited:

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Mukya~

Young Adult literature ^^

The humor in VA is absolute awesome. And continues to be in BL with Adrian and all xD

Yh CoFA is frustrating. And so is CoLS. Although I've gotta say I enjoyed them.... but yes Clace is just frustrating now cuz they had already had their happily ever after and now it's again back to I-want-to-cut-my-wrists-cuz-whyT_T but I actually enjoyed Bad Guy Jace xD But in the "spin off" (I mean COFA COLS and COHF) I root for Izzy and Simon the most, aww.

Oh yeah girls following the movie stuff?

Did you see VA cast :faint

I'm satissfied <3
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Mukya~

Yeah, I remember when I laughed at Rose's words even though it was a serious situation. One of my favorite books so far. I even read the last book in its e-book version few days before exam just because I couldn't stand my curiosity, lol.

Ah, right, I heard it was going to be adapted to movie too. Scott's Nicholas Flamel too, if I remember correctly. But I think I've heard that since long ago, no progress yet so far? I forgot the cast. *goes to check*

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Oh, didn't know this video exists:


Jace looks.. thinner than I thought he would be. :oh But I'm looking forward to it! August is still a long way to go... Maybe I need to re-read CoB's summary, forgot about it already. :|
 
Last edited by a moderator:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Mukya~

I'm also starting to lose interest in Mortal Instruments too, and tbh, I don't really like the cast.. Somehow they're different from my imagination of the character... But I can't just judge them just like that, so I'll wait till the movie comes out.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: 좋을텐데...

Nicholas Flamel is going to have a movie too? :faint

Thanks for info.

:oh
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: 좋을텐데...

But there hasn't been any news about that.. Believe me, I get info from the official forum.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 좋을텐데...

The title brought me here -

Whats it mean?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 좋을텐데...

They tricked us by not putting it Korean.
How trickful and un Korean of them.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: 좋을텐데...

@yuki and dallie: Yeah, no news about Flamel's movie as far as I know. But then again I'm not updated (just like how I didn't know about CoB's trailer) so I can be wrong. You're still active at that forum for Flamel, yuki?

@Charlie and lawlett: I took "좋을텐데" (the title) from Ailee's latest song's lyrics. The translation says it's read "joheultende" meaning "it would be nice". ... Actually I'm just randomly guessing, lol.

@lawlett: Mai major ish medicine. ;)
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: 좋을텐데...

@yuki and dallie: Yeah, no news about Flamel's movie as far as I know. But then again I'm not updated (just like how I didn't know about CoB's trailer) so I can be wrong. You're still active at that forum for Flamel, yuki?
Not that active anymore... I just drop in once in a while but I do not post anything. Well, since the series is finished, the excitement kinda died away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top