Growing Like Fingernails

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

:o

I'm not shocked, but this is surprising. How well do you think you sing it?
Not sure. Not that good, of course. I have to listen to the song while singing it in order to get the pronunciation correctly. The only one who can judge if I sing it correctly or not is the one who speaks the language. :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

Oh no, it's happening again!!
You're a contemptible person and I hate you

Um, no. I think she was cute when we blew that small little ant at the edge of paper together, but I've seen her other deeds. :-_-

Probably. But if I am one, this dear friend of mine is definitely one as well. :hee
Deeds have a reason and purpose :derp

No...she's more like an angel with a devil's face. Mmmm, well, real life has ambiguity you know?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: What a neverending debt.

Hee~ I'm glad none of my English class had some kind of performance like that, I can't be bothered with the accent. :XD

But my organization has a regular English Club session, and last time we did "British Club" instead. Talking in British accent is so strange and kinda hard. :P
I'm out of practice now, but it's quite easy to pull off if you get into it.

Actually that play was really funny, and it boosted my grade, so why not :XD

For me, I sound very much like an American when I'm speaking here. But when I go to Singapore, my English turns bad. Dunno why.

LOL~ When I'm talking to my lecturers here, I use American accent because some of them are real American and the rest also talks in American accent. Only when I'm fooling around or as in your case, practicing a play, that I use other accents. Mostly British or Italian. As for writing, I tend to use British since that's the one I've been taught since I was a kid, except when I'm writing for my lecturers.
I used to write British, but I've gone over to American, simply because it more often than not has shorter words xD If I write British words it's likely unintentional.

You feel kind of out of place talking British in Norway. Everyone speaks American English. I guess a large part of the influence comes from Hollywood, to be brutally honest. People watch American movies from they're kids, and are thus influenced and get free practice from it.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

Hee~ I'm glad none of my English class had some kind of performance like that, I can't be bothered with the accent. :XD

But my organization has a regular English Club session, and last time we did "British Club" instead. Talking in British accent is so strange and kinda hard. :P
Try speaking Shakespeare's dialogue in British. :XD
It's not hard if you watch British movies in succession for days. :p

You're still asking?

Nice. The meaning?
Obviously, Liu is the family name. I don't know about Ki, but Ye means leaf.

No, it is not. :o It's truly a halo. :o
Huh. Your response usually is eye-roll when I'm correcting your grammar.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Oh my god...I can die happy now :bishie
What? :rofl

You don't think she's cute or admirable? :whynot

You're a monster in an angel's disguise :notsure
:lmao

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Oh no, it's happening again!!
"What?" too!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Okay, okay. [SIZEPT=1]I don't believe that's what she meant but anyway... teehee~[/SIZEPT]
:err

Um, no. I think she was cute when we blew that small little ant at the edge of paper together, but I've seen her other deeds. :-_-

Probably. But if I am one, this dear friend of mine is definitely one as well. :hee
Only that time? :gwah
But I can be cute. :wtf

LOL~ I have to agree with that last part. Even worse.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I think if you worked on not doing it in class people would be more appreciative :lmao



You're better at it than her I guess? You applied yourself in that regard, you made it matter to you *shrugs*
I can't just turn it off, you know.

Maybe? Language is indeed my strong suit.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: What a neverending debt.

Deeds have a reason and purpose :derp

No...she's more like an angel with a devil's face. Mmmm, well, real life has ambiguity you know?
Meh. So you're on her side now. Fine. :noworry

While I'm a devil with angel's face... Yes, yes, definitely. I always thought it's the other way around. :bored

I'm out of practice now, but it's quite easy to pull off if you get into it.

Actually that play was really funny, and it boosted my grade, so why not :XD
:rofl

Try speaking Shakespeare's dialogue in British. :XD
It's not hard if you watch British movies in succession for days. :p
During that club I mentioned we watched a short video of his plays: Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and Macbeth. Comment: confusing, LOL~

You're still asking?
Yes. :imslow

Huh. Your response usually is eye-roll when I'm correcting your grammar.
Mm, not always. :p
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

Deeds have a reason and purpose :derp

No...she's more like an angel with a devil's face. Mmmm, well, real life has ambiguity you know?
Agree with the first part but I can't agree with the last one.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: What a neverending debt.

Only that time? :gwah
But I can be cute. :wtf

LOL~ I have to agree with that last part. Even worse.
Yes. Of course. What happened after that will be engraved in my memory of you.. forever... ~

See?! SEE?! :yelling Now I'm satisfied. :hee
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

I can't just turn it off, you know.

Maybe? Language is indeed my strong suit.
I think if you put in as much effort into trying to stop that as you do into sounding prim and proper you could

Then you answered your own question
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

I'm out of practice now, but it's quite easy to pull off if you get into it.

Actually that play was really funny, and it boosted my grade, so why not :XD
Which play?

I used to write British, but I've gone over to American, simply because it more often than not has shorter words xD If I write British words it's likely unintentional.

You feel kind of out of place talking British in Norway. Everyone speaks American English. I guess a large part of the influence comes from Hollywood, to be brutally honest. People watch American movies from they're kids, and are thus influenced and get free practice from it.
I prefer British because I like to write "colour" more than I like to write "color" and things like that. Though for "realise" and "realize", I prefer the American way. Hmm. But lately I write more in American English. It's easier and more casual, I guess? I'm not that good with British slangs.

Well yeah, Hollywood.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

Meh. So you're on her side now. Fine. :noworry

While I'm a devil with angel's face... Yes, yes, definitely. I always thought it's the other way around. :bored
I didn't know we were taking sides here... :errr

Agree with the first part but I can't agree with the last one.
Oh? Alright, then correct me?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: What a neverending debt.

Which play?



I prefer British because I like to write "colour" more than I like to write "color" and things like that. Though for "realise" and "realize", I prefer the American way. Hmm. But lately I write more in American English. It's easier and more casual, I guess? I'm not that good with British slangs.

Well yeah, Hollywood.
Hamlet.

Yeah it is easier and for some reason feels more natural.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

Meh. So you're on her side now. Fine. :noworry

While I'm a devil with angel's face... Yes, yes, definitely. I always thought it's the other way around. :bored
Me too. :oh

During that club I mentioned we watched a short video of his plays: Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and Macbeth. Comment: confusing, LOL~
Well, the language is indeed confusing. I have to read his plays for many times before I get what it means. :p

:-_-

Mm, not always. :p
But you do respond like that.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Yes. Of course. What happened after that will be engraved in my memory of you.. forever... ~

See?! SEE?! :yelling Now I'm satisfied. :hee
Hmm. Why is it never working? Me acting cute? Am I really not cute?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I think if you put in as much effort into trying to stop that as you do into sounding prim and proper you could

Then you answered your own question
Haha. Often times I don't know what I'm doing.

Oh well.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Oh? Alright, then correct me?
It should be me who's the devil with angel's face since my outer appearance seems harmless.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Oh. Hamlet. I dislike Shakespeare's tragedies.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

It should be me who's the devil with angel's face since my outer appearance seems harmless.
Keyword "seems". You've said yourself that you can frighten people. So which is it? :derp
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: What a neverending debt.

:oh

Well, the language is indeed confusing. I have to read his plays for many times before I get what it means. :p
I don't wanna touch it again. :p

:^_^

But you do respond like that.
I did? Sorry then. From now on it'll be halo then! :hee

Hmm. Why is it never working? Me acting cute? Am I really not cute?
I think you do have your cute side, but your.. 'wild' side is a bit more dominant, thus leaving stronger impression on people about that. :derp

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Keyword "seems". You've said yourself that you can frighten people. So which is it? :derp
Devil's mind with devil's appearance? :3c
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

Keyword "seems". You've said yourself that you can frighten people. So which is it? :derp
Those who meet me for the first or second time won't know. But those who get to know me well... well, only a smile or a glare can frighten them. The smile and glare won't mean much to people who don't know me, but they who know how my mind works know what to expect. :cheez
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

Devil's mind with devil's appearance? :3c
LOL...well plenty of people can be misunderstood. Even if not, it can still be appreciated in a sense :3c

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Those who meet me for the first or second time won't know. But those who get to know me well... well, only a smile or a glare can frighten them. The smile and glare won't mean much to people who don't know me, but they who know how my mind works know what to expect. :cheez
:eyeroll

I guess it's better than no reaction at all. Any form of excitement has worth :cheez
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What a neverending debt.

I don't wanna touch it again. :p
I guess I still have to. I'm in English major, anyway. I do like his comedies though. Very witty.
I did? Sorry then. From now on it'll be halo then! :hee
We'll see.

I think you do have your cute side, but your.. 'wild' side is a bit more dominant, thus leaving stronger impression on people about that. :derp
*sigh* My friend acting angry is considered cute, and me acting cute is considered scary. What a weird world.

Devil's mind with devil's appearance? :3c
Devil's mind only. :cheez

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

:eyeroll

I guess it's better than no reaction at all. Any form of excitement has worth :cheez
I actually am amazed with the power I have over my friends. Even though I just smile to tease them, they are actually getting scared. It's a bit heartbreaking.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What a neverending debt.

I actually am amazed with the power I have over my friends. Even though I just smile to tease them, they are actually getting scared. It's a bit heartbreaking.
You know, who someone surrounds themselves with can say a lot about them :3c
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top