Shounen - Gundam Series | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Gundam Series

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Anybody read Gundam mangas??? Like Gundam Wing, G, Seed, etc. I read it..Anyone else???

Adding Premise by Icecoldsoul18 - Gold Knight

icecoldsoul18 said:
Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)

Manji Yoshimitsu

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Re: Gundam

Were there any then :P. I liked the Anime (Seed, Seed Destiny, Zeta)

Zenith

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"

icecoldsoul18

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i've seen the anime for gundam wing, some of g gundam, and i own gundam seed. seed is actually my favorite anime. i also own some of that manga.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Zenith said:
I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"
Same here. I am surprised to see Gundam here myself even though I dont watch/read it.

NarutoXHinata

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

seen most of the gundam series i would say gundam seed and victory gundam are my fav
thought gundams are mostly shounen

nine

Reaction score

i don't read the manga but i do watch the anime..gundam seed destiny..so far until episode 32..
what i don't understand is
Rey is a spy?..is he an extended too? and is he son of that Neo guy or the chairman..?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

What is Gundam about? Will somebody give me a premise, please?

Iwanin

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Well, basically boy jumps into Giant Robot, fights ensue, etc. Something about human colonies rebelling from Earth. There's a whole intricate timeline and stuff, but exactly *how* it clasifies as "seinen", me know not.

Most likely, this thread was started in this particular forum by mistake. I suggest it be moved. Pronto. A la voz de ya. (<- actual Spanish in use by actual native Spanish speaker alert.)

In a few hours I should be able to post my translation for chapter 1 of Mizushou so we can all bask in the knowledge of what constitutes "adult-oriented manga". With seishun. Right, Taylor? ;)

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

right :). moves to different area :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks, Iwanin. :amuse

Okay, returning back to topic. Carry on, Gundam fans, if any of you're out there.

icecoldsoul18

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
What is Gundam about?  Will somebody give me a premise, please?
Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Oh, I think I know the robots you're talking about. Reminded me a little of Transformers. :amuse

Thanks, Ice.

And I've just added your premise to the first post. :thumbs

UzumakiRoman

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm a BIG fan of gundam i've seen almost every incarnation of it. each series has it's own special charm!! and watching them in the correct order helps because each universe has alot of history!! Uhh.. i don't know what seinen means but, it sounds like it's giving props to Gundam!!!! Gundam is one of the great animes!!

p.s. Always remember to watch animes with original Japanese voices and subtitles(english voice-overs are ghey), except for Gundam Wing english voice-overs that was more than tolerable!!

NagaKarat

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

There are some good gundam manga out there, but does anyone have crossbone gundam. It's the continuition from the Gundam f-91 movie.

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I have watched every episode and own all the manga books of Gundam Wing, haven't read any other Gundam series though.

I'm not usually into mecha anime /manga, but I really do like Gundam Wing, because it has such a complex story line with basically a whole new history. What I also like ist the fact that the series doesn't follow the black and white mentality, rather are the (main) characters grey. The only main character I consider to be clearly "white" would be Releena.

Somehow I feel outnumbered by you guys; I'm the only girl. Any other female Gundam watchers around?

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bibichan said:
Somehow I feel outnumbered by you guys; I'm the only girl. Any other female Gundam watchers around?
::waves her hand:: I am!

Actually I have watched all the Gundam Wing AC, Gundam 8th MS Team and most recently Gundam Seed and Destiny series. I think that the Gundam series are a lot more than 'some guy piloting a mech'. In fact the one reason I tend to like the series is the story lines are very complex and so are the characters and how they interact. Also although one of the main ongoing themes in each series is centered around a war it not only makes for some great action sequences but also delves into the emotional after effects. I know that in Seed the main character Kira is constantly torn between having to fight and his more peaceful nature.

I would actually recomend the series to anyone who does not mind a 50 or more episode arc. I am sure that you might be surprised to find how likable some of the characters can be.

:amuse

fluke32

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Tamerlane said:
::waves her hand:: I am!

Actually I have watched all the Gundam Wing AC, Gundam 8th MS Team and most recently Gundam Seed and Destiny series. I think that the Gundam series are a lot more than 'some guy piloting a mech'. In fact the one reason I tend to like the series is the story lines are very complex and so are the characters and how they interact. Also although one of the main ongoing themes in each series is centered around a war it not only makes for some great action sequences but also delves into the emotional after effects. I know that in Seed the main character Kira is constantly torn between having to fight and his more peaceful nature.

I would actually recomend the series to anyone who does not mind a 50 or more episode arc. I am sure that you might be surprised to find how likable some of the characters can be.

:amuse
I was recently able to purchase DVD versions of "Mobile Suit Gundam", "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam", "Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta" and the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack" which were the 3 earliest productions of the Gundam Stories, and was considered the best story plot ever created for a Mecha Series. (i.e. Daimos, Voltes 5, Combattler V & Mazinger Z) AAAAAaaannnddd The Series Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny that most of you here is so fond about is a reincarnation on the Best Sellers Zeta and Double Zeta (but sadly a poor rendition though as the character development in Seed Destiny regressed in comparison to Double Zeta.:() I suggest you guys try getting copies of these ancient series... It might show you guys an idea why gundams are quite legendary in the History of Anime.

aznboiray

Reaction score
Country
United States

i watched all the anime a lot of people dislike it i dont' kno why i think its an awsome anime and manga

riekie

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

I recently watched Gundam Seed Destiny and now I am looking for the Manga *I know, I know..read first watch later* But does one know where I can find the 'downloadable' version of this series?