Re: Hajime no Ippo General Discussion
Hi, I've got a question about Edited Mangas.
When does Ignition-One regularly scanlate the Chapters?
It depends on whenever I-O gets the raw. Normally the fastest they post the new chapter is 8-12 hours afterwords. However, if the group is busy in real life, that will change to 1-4 days. In the past, raws have usually been posted on Saturdays (advanced copies) on
Tokyotosho, and they usually had the chapter scanlated by Sunday or Monday before it was on sale in Japan.
I guess the two-weeks are over. Do you know what is up with the raw?
There is a story behind the missing raws. On May 18th, 3 people were arrested in Japan, who scan and upload manga to the internet. If you want to read about it,
click here.
What that means could be 2 possiblities.
1. The person that normally scans/posts Hajime No Ippo raws (who post other series too), got arrested. Which there is currently no person to scan/upload the manga they did in the past.
2. The person that uploads the raws, are using a more secure/private method of distro-ing the manga. So they won't get arrest.
So right now I-O is waiting on finding raw scans for chapter 773 and 774. Hajime No Ippo comes out in Shonen Magazine, every Wednesday a new issue is on sale, unless it take a week off. Last week, Issue 25 come out with a new chapter (773) of Hajime No Ippo, and I-O is having a tough time trying to find scans of it (stores in the US are sold out, or people already threw away their copy of it). This week Issue 26 came out, with chapter 774 in it. I-O just recently got raw scans for 774, so that chapter should get released later today or tomorrow.
If you want to read about more, you can probably read this
thread. It pretty much covers everything I said.