Archived Hangout Thread v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Dude, WHAT!? PUNISHER!? EWWW!

Those are the worst Marvel movies ever man... even Elektra beats them. Hell, I'd rather watch Catwoman (DC) then those lol
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well I disagree with you ... I loved that movie :XD

where else can you see a guy win a gunfight with a knife :XD

Hey catwoman is a good movie... although I am not a big fan at all ^_^
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Lol, so about the flu... I'm gonna prepare by playing left 4 dead... in case the virus mutates and turns everyone to zombies...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I have the internet version of the swine flu.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does that means that your anti-virus is actually in process of destroying your computer and numerous liquids of all sorts are spilling out of your computer while your computer has a major fever and can't really run any program ????
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Eh, no... those are just the symptoms when running windows...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Windows 7 will be awesome, just like XP was.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
LOL Eni :XD... yeah that is kind of true... all my laptops at home are full of corrupt files and they are not running the programs properly :XD...

however... my windows 98 is still working perfectly and my Fake XP is the greatest ^_^...

so state your plans for the weekend people above me .
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Does anyone know how to unblock MSN messenger? ¬.¬ My own firewall is blocking it and I can't see any way to unblock it. I've even clicked on "Exceptions" and it still is blocking it.
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Windows 7 will be awesome, just like XP was.
Windows 7 will be decent.

But snow leopard will leap beyond windows 7. The first operating system to take advantage of the GPU and CPU to the highest. Yes, in other words, your graphic card processor will literally act like another CPU. No new major features, but you do get a new iphone-life uplifted UI, and super-computer like speed.

Plus, core 2 duo, is a 64-bit processor. A 64-bit processor runs better on an 64-bit OS.

Do i hear corruption, viruses? Yes, such things don't exist with macs :amuse
 
Last edited:

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know how to unblock MSN messenger? ¬.¬ My own firewall is blocking it and I can't see any way to unblock it. I've even clicked on "Exceptions" and it still is blocking it.
Well... that is fun... try the internet man... I think you might find a solution...maybe the MSN program is trying to access the wrong door or the firewall exception is not working, or maybe the Anti-virus is blocking it for some other reason, maybe a function within the anti-virus that blocks the Messenger.

@Flash

... bragger :XD...

I still am a great fan of windows 98... :tem
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Mark said:
Do i hear corruption, viruses? Yes, such things don't exist with macs :amuse
That's not true, the first known computer virus was actually targeting Apple computers. By 2007 there were a little over 60 Mac viruses known (active and inactive) vs. 28300 active viruses for Windows :amuse

So, the problem does exists. It's just insignificant compared to the problematic on a Windows system. Though, the thing protecting Mac and Linux the most from malware is still the fact that Windows got all the noobs...
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Windows 7 will be okay. Not awesome, though. I work with one of the guys who did programming on it and he hates it. A couple of the other guys I work with are betaing it and said it's okay, but they'd rather still stick with mac or linux :p
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok... what exactly is Microsoft offering with this new... windows 7 ???

*throws himself to the crowd ... and nobody catches him...*

*everybody hates Asus... now that would be a great TV show :amuse... TDA would number 1 fan :XD*

* just random thinking ... just random thinking :XD*
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That's not true, the first known computer virus was actually targeting Apple computers. By 2007 there were a little over 60 Mac viruses known (active and inactive) vs. 28300 active viruses for Windows :amuse

So, the problem does exists. It's just insignificant compared to the problematic on a Windows system. Though, the thing protecting Mac and Linux the most from malware is still the fact that Windows got all the noobs...
lol hey Eni. How are you?
Well yes, at that time. As of late, there is a huge gap where viruses and malware keeping popping everday for pc's as where macs only have to deal with a few minor trojans yearly.

The beauty of mac. Gotta love the power of Unix. Architecture = flawless

Linux or Mac > Pc, anyday. (Btw - did you guys see the ubuntu 9.04. Simply put, amazing)

To think when snow leopard comes out, with its 64-bit architecture --> Viruses will be limited dramatically. :tem

Marketing wise, apple is smart.
Apple Co. is a successful company.
There are so many pc based companies like sony, ibm, dell, hp,... and the list continues etc. Hence the reason, why pc has a large market share (up to 80 percent I believe.)

On the other hand, no other companies can sell apple's products. This is a smart move because if you were to compare each company with apple's succcess. There is a huge gap.

Not only that, but they will always maintain a low market share which equals to no viruses.

Think about. An amazing engineered computer, under rated, flawless, beautiful designed, with very little viruses?

I think i'll stick with that.
 
Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
(Btw - did you guys see the ubuntu 9.04. Simply put, amazing)
I personally prefer Kubuntu at this point, at least until Ubuntu gets a revamped look in 9.10 and gnome 3.0 comes out in time for 10.4 :p

KDE 4.2 simply rocks (Windows 7 feels more like a KDE4 clone than anything else >.>).


To think when snow leopard comes out, with its 64-bit architecture --> Viruses will be limited dramatically. :tem
Windows has been out in 64bit flavor since... some years now... 5? or 6? Dunno... That didn't limit the Virus creators all that much... It's still just the market share protecting any 'almost no virus' OS.

Think about. An amazing engineered computer, under rated, flawless, beautiful designed, with very little viruses?
Amazingly engineered computer? Never. Mac's are just pc's with some extra chips to 'make it hard' to pirate Mac OS or insert new hardware.
What makes them seem so amazing is that they limit the hardware-choice you get for the inside of your pc. They don't have to fight with drivers as much.

Under rated, yes.
Flawless, never. There is no flawless OS. Neither in design nor in code. If there was a flawless OS there'd be no need for new security patches etc. Aside from that, there's no way a human will ever create something flawless.

Neither Windows nor Linux nor Mac nor BSD nor any other OS is perfect but I'll happily stay with my FOSS OS <3
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
^Well I was simply exaggerating with what I said about flawless. How bout I say: Close to flawless OS? lol ok I joke I joke
 
Last edited:

cHaotix8

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
129
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lets take into account that most viral infections can usually be credited to user-errors. I know I haven't had an infection on any of my units in over 5 years.

Quick question. Why do people believe Macs are greatly superior to PC's?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Less virus, more gaming!

L4D anyone?
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
:XD... wow that is some lesson... I was quite unaware about some things you people posted... however... I still think that large and fancy operational system eventually gets in the way of other applications...

I watched some "Process time" graphics and I was astonished to see that my computer spends one third of its time calculating things I don't need, in another word, its spends one third of the time keeping the operational system working.

This means that it keeps useless functions (useless at a given time) working when they shouldn't... stealing good part of the process time and therefore the processor's potential.

in another words... the fastest and most efficient operational system would actually looks like... MS-DOS... because it is small and doesn't need much clock speed.

Just imagine Programs that no longer depend on operational system (this today is no longer a huge problem) and OS's that shut down their side functions when you are using another program

But they would never let programs go that way because that would kill their gigantic OS's and allow many programmers to create their own small OS that runs mainstream applications...

and the side functions just keep running to make the system faster...(well... it is also there because nobody wants to create Boards and systems that can reactivate rapidly these functions -_-)

So when I buy a processor, and got keep in my mind what will I have inside my Hard Disc... and since OS's keep growing... I must say it is getting somewhat useless to buy the new processors -_-... (and yes... when they are good they are extremely expensive and when they are above average they don't last long... so :XD... why should depend on Intel and AMD to keep my comp running... they don't even give a s*** if my comp works... as long as I buy their stuff...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top