Archived Hangout Thread v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
about the 64-bit architecture. you see Apple has something powerful hiding in their sleeve

"Apple has also hinted at technology that would allow developers to access Windows DLLs to rapidly port device drivers or other specialized software to the Mac with little effort. The ability to take foreign software, whether open or proprietary, for use in creating native Mac OS X apps offers a look at how Carbon apps can migrate their user interfaces to Cocoa, resulting in user interface consistency and other benefits for users while resulting in less code for developers to maintain."

Migrating would be simple. This is why I can't wait for the release of snow leopard.


Lets take into account that most viral infections can usually be credited to user-errors. I know I haven't had an infection on any of my units in over 5 years.

Quick question. Why do people believe Macs are greatly superior to PC's?
windows is windows

Linux is a stable platform. From Unix.
Though Mac is not exactly a true unix. It is derived from Unix.

Unix > windows.

Hence, the superiority.
 
Last edited:

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Less virus, more gaming!

L4D anyone?
I haven't yet played it... must be because it is Valve or steam game... and therefore... I don't play a steam game :XD...

*unless I can UN-Steam it and then it is good to play :)*
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
in another words... the fastest and most efficient operational system would actually looks like... MS-DOS... because it is small and doesn't need much clock speed.

Just imagine Programs that no longer depend on operational system (this today is no longer a huge problem) and OS's that shut down their side functions when you are using another program

But they would never let programs go that way because that would kill their gigantic OS's and allow many programmers to create their own small OS that runs mainstream applications...
Welcome to Linux/*nix/BSD.


Any of those can work with and without graphical interface and you gain fine-grained control over what processes are running and what stuff gets installed.

Aside from the X server (maybe sooner or later the Wayland Display Server) and it's affiliated functions that are necessary to provide input/output functionality to the system's graphical interface you can shut down whatever you need.

Plus, there's enough tools to work with from the console for whole sessions :p

It's just that most people prefer to actually have a full featured GUI with mouse-pointer capabilities instead of a text-interface when starting programs etc ._.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thanks TTX ... I will take a look at ... Unix right ???? well the whole thing ... ^_^

see if it makes my computer run smoother... because with windows XP... >.<... all you need to do to screw a Windows operational system is connect it to the internet and let it download the *automatic* updates... :XD... I have to laugh or else I will cry ... :tem

well... I don't mind typing to open programs... but I mind processor speed becoming extremely relative because of OS hugeness ^_^

Still I need to find a way to go around these guys... I need break free... no matter what :darn

*just top add... I still feel amazed by windows 98... the thing is damn fast, shame it is completely incompatible now T_T*
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
What's wrong with "steam-games"?
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What's wrong with "steam-games"?
Buy game and you don't have the game...
Online run .exe program...

I don't need Valve's permission to play games... I couldn't care less about them... and their no story games... ¬¬

* I know I am a hater but I don't see why you need to give permission to other people to play your games...*
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Buy game and u have it with you wherever you have steam.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Did you meant that steam is a advantage ????

don't you still have to install it anyway...
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah you HAVE to install it to have it, but when you log on to steam on another comp, you can just dl and install it again and you have it there.

As long as you have steam you have the game basically. :)
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
whats up guys :tem.

I went to Dave and Busters for the first time yesteraday and its pretty awesome. Its a place that has food, 3 bars, pool tables, a crap load of arcade games(thats what their most known for) and an AMC movie theater on the same floor. Its in a mall. I got drunk and played these crazy games Ive never seen before. It was really fun. But when I woke up today I couldnt find my drivers license, I think I dropped it their, basa. I hate waking up after a night of drinking and trying to remember something about the day before, it sucks. And Im working today too.:blink
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
What are steam games? >.>

And no, Mark. I'm on Gentoo not Ubuntu. Unless I see ttx jumping around like a fanboy ("omg! new (k)ubuntu!!"), I usually don't take a look at it >.<

But have you seen Ubunchu? It's a manga oneshot introducing the possibilities and install process of Ubuntu. I so cracked up at the 'what sorcerery did you use?' part :XD
 
Last edited:

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
lol Hey Eni. NICE! Thanks for sharing, haha. I think that made my day! Where do you even find this stuff? lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
You only get problems with Windows if you misuse it for most of the time, and nothing is perfect anyway, a lot of things are down to information failure. I've used Mac it's alright. Let's not forget Windows runs more software than Mac, thats really one of its selling points. No one can argue Mac fails to run many basic programs.

Mac being a more secure OS is a myth, in fact they even carried out some test, and the hackers targeted the Mac because it was the easiest. You also have to take into account hackers target Windows more than Mac because more people use Window, so no I don't believe the Mac = super security BS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Where do you even find this stuff? lol
Through the magic of Browse Web, Read News and Download? :oh


And yes, I agree with TDA (you never heard me saying this >.>). Windows is targeted mostly because it's mainstream ("bad company! boooh!"). Many newbish users and a big commercial company with a famous face behind it, that's very motivating.

Apple is commercial as well, but always had a better reputation in the 'computer geek scene' as Windows through it's connection with Unix and the used PowerPC architecture. They lost a lot of fans after moving to Intel.

Linux and BSD is just uninteresting for malware programmers since a majority of it's users is able to counter any damaging software easily. It's simply no fun. Unix fans are also known for being a little paranoid, so the systems are generally overprotected to start with. Some of my linux-using friends have a system as secure as a national state high security archive to protect their... ehm... last summer vacation photos and stuff >.>;
 
Last edited:

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You only get problems with Windows if you misuse it for most of the time, and nothing is perfect anyway, a lot of things are down to information failure. I've used Mac it's alright. Let's not forget Windows runs more software than Mac, thats really one of its selling points. No one can argue Mac fails to run many basic programs.

Mac being a more secure OS is a myth, in fact they even carried out some test, and the hackers targeted the Mac because it was the easiest. You also have to take into account hackers target Windows more than Mac because more people use Window, so no I don't believe the Mac = super security BS.
Bold 1: I misuse my mac, and I'm problem free. Misuse as in I have all the hacks to most of the programs for mac. Mac never freezes, while xp experience such things. Windows Vista on the other hand is a memory hog.

Bold 2: Mac runs basic programs just fine, TDA. From my perspective, Mac can run all windows programs through parallels desktop or bootcamp at native speed. Unfortunately pc can't run mac programs. :amuse
So technically, the mac is the only one computer you will ever need. The best of three worlds: Linux, Mac, Windows

Bold 3:
--Yes, it is secure. Not super secure, but secure.---
We mac fans do not need to worry! Only one company makes apple products. The market share will always be low, which translates to very few viruses. But if you were to compare Apple to each of the other 20+ pc companys (that altogether have the 80% share of computer domination). Apple has a lot more success. No contest.

It's windows i dislike, i'd rather buy a linux based pc than a windows based pc.

Windows can suck it. I'll stick with my mac/linux computer..

windows xp vs mac os x tiger -- winner: Mac os x tiger
Windows vista vs Mac os x Leopard --winner: Mac os x Leopard by a stretch.
Windows 7 vs mac os x Snow leopard

hmm, well windows 7 was suppose to be what vista should have been. Yes, M$ f**** up with vista. Meanwhile, snow leopard does scare me. The fact that mac os x snow leopard is solely based on performance, scares me. The fact that snow leopard will be the first ever OS to take advantage of The GPU and CPU to its highest, also scares me. Knowing that the GPU processor will act like another CPU scares me. Yes, any mac installed with snow leopard will literally be super computers.

For those who have pc's and running Photoshop. Notice the lag? Yeah, you will run it even smoother with a mac os x snow leopard.

With snow leopard coming out soon, even linux will be behind. Granted, I am a linux fan. I'll trust they will thrive and have an equal performance.

Tip to M$ - instead of spending most of your money advertising, why not use it on creating something better. Follow your brother, Apple.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
As i once said.

Windows XP - HE

No security

Porn

??????

PROFIT
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Thanks Eni, and Good night.
 

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I don't mind steam. At first I hated it because I was used to the old way of playing TFC, CS and all the other Half Life based games (IWON). I'm used to it now. It is pretty convenient.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
imo steam makes the valve-games more personal in multi-player mode, and i liek it :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top