Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
yes, for some unknown reason Soccer fans feel the need to blow horns throughout an entire match.

rather annoying if you ask me.
It's an African thing, watch some European football matches. :amuse Don't diss culture. :p


me too. wow that's amazing. I actually use to do that back in my day when I use to break dance. Not nearly as good and smooth as him though
I know some who can do it, but not as good, one of them can do sideways moonwalk.
 
Last edited:

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
4th of JULY!!!! ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

Make sure u guys stock up on fireworks (of course this only applies to some ._.)
If people in houses arent calling the cops and complaining then u arent celebrating hard enough!!!!
 
Last edited:

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Quoting the Simpsons, I think: "What better way to celebrate the birth of your country than by blowing up a small chunk of it." I look forward to getting drunk and blowing shit up this Saturday. That's how we roll.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
4th of July is a holiday made for drinking.

Mostly because you can call chugging a six-pack "patriotism" on 4th of July.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
really, he's nobody but a glorified salesman. He became famous for his over the top pitch delivery, but at the same time, the guy was lovable. He was teh face for oxyclean, a product that supposedly really works, which he then played off of to be the face of many "As seen on tv" products. I was sad to hear he died.
We have a guy like him in the U.K. he goes by the name of Barry Scott (his real name is Neil Burgess).
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh, man. I can't wait for the 4th! I'm driving up to Northern Michigan with some friends for the weekend. It's going to be lots of drinking, laziness on the beach, and (of course) fireworks over Lake Michigan in the evening. :wtf

What is everyone else doing this weekend? (I don't want to single out only the Americans celebrating the 4th :p)
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
going on a trail.... gonna try to have some fun... and live dangerously...

*yeah i am going to get lost on purpose :XD*
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, man. I can't wait for the 4th! I'm driving up to Northern Michigan with some friends for the weekend. It's going to be lots of drinking, laziness on the beach, and (of course) fireworks over Lake Michigan in the evening. :wtf

What is everyone else doing this weekend? (I don't want to single out only the Americans celebrating the 4th :p)
Seems like you won't be on MH as you will be suffering with a major hang over :p and plus you can't drive home because your not allowed drink driving :p

I might go visit some relatives that I have not seen in a long time. That would be nice.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I work all day on the 4th. Figures. I haven't had a holiday off since I started this job. Boooo for working retail :/ Actually, it's been about a week since I've had a day off ;___;
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol@ Asus :XD

@-Renboy- Driving hungover isn't actually illegal (as long as your blood alcohol content is back to normal ;)). But I'm staying until fairly late on Sunday night before driving back so hopefully the hangover from the night before will be resolved by then. :D

@LH - I feel your pain with retail, really :hug (and I love, love, LOVE that site you have in your sig! :XD). I'm supposed to work every other holiday. I worked the last holiday (Memorial Day) and that's why I have this one off. This means I should have to work on Labor day. :notrust
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@goodsy: Best site ever xD I read it every day and can identify with many of the issues people post about xD We're never guaranteed holidays off; in fact, we're prohibited from taking Thanksgiving off, which sucks for me because that's the only time I ever get to go see family, so I missed going last year and will miss this year too. The only plus is the we typically get paid time and a half on holidays that we work, but still :/
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What retail chain do you work in (I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before, so sorry if you're answering for like the 1000th time)? I didn't know many retail places were open on the 4th of July, let alone Thanksgiving, aside from the obvious (i.e. Waffle House, Gas Stations, Groceries...). You don't have to work Christmas do you? Surely Christmas Eve is bad enough :p.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What retail chain do you work in (I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before, so sorry if you're answering for like the 1000th time)? I didn't know many retail places were open on the 4th of July, let alone Thanksgiving, aside from the obvious (i.e. Waffle House, Gas Stations, Groceries...). You don't have to work Christmas do you? Surely Christmas Eve is bad enough :p.
It's usually not so bad, but there's always holiday sales and whatnot :/ Why can't people just friggin stay home on holidays? No, I don't work Christmas or New Years day, but I do work both the Eves :/ So last year I worked New Years Eve and didn't get out til late, so I wasn't able to go party or anything.
 
Last edited:

Strider's♥Death

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OMG LADYHATAKE ur Sig O.O ur Avatar!!!

Fighting Strider by moonlight,
Winning Strider by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

She will never turn her back on Strider,
She is always there to defend,
She is the one on whom we can depend,
She is the one named Sailor...

Sailor Venus!
Sailor Mercury!
Sailor Mars!
Sailor Jupiter!

With secret powers all so new to her,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

Fighting Strider by moonlight,
Winning Strider by daylight,
With her Sailor Scouts to help Strider,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one named Sailor Moon
She is the one
Sailor Moon
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
That's a nice poem Strider, you have talent :amuse
We would never know you're a Sailormoon fan too.


Katy said:
It's usually not so bad, but there's always holiday sales and whatnot :/ Why can't people just friggin stay home on holidays? No, I don't work Christmas or New Years day, but I do work both the Eves :/ So last year I worked New Years Eve and didn't get out til late, so I wasn't able to go party or anything.

Ouch Katy, last minute shopping crowds are just crazy. I don't like squeezing with them for things and queueing long just to pay for an item. How do you keep your sanity? Can you opt out from such shifts in future?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's a nice poem Strider, you have talent :amuse
We would never know you're a Sailormoon fan too.





Ouch Katy, last minute shopping crowds are just crazy. I don't like squeezing with them for things and queueing long just to pay for an item. How do you keep your sanity? Can you opt out from such shifts in future?
not usually. You can try taking it off waaaaay ahead of time but the number of people off is usually very very limited. No one in the company has black friday off. Ever. If you don't show up you get fired, I think. I ended up working a 12 hour shift last year. 3am-3pm.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
That's a nice poem Strider, you have talent :amuse
We would never know you're a Sailormoon fan too.





Ouch Katy, last minute shopping crowds are just crazy. I don't like squeezing with them for things and queueing long just to pay for an item. How do you keep your sanity? Can you opt out from such shifts in future?
Didn't he just use the original lyrics and replace words with strider?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
My (early) childhood consisted of three things. Sailor Moon, Power Rangers and Super Mario 64.

:wtf
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that's a sad childhood...at least you got two parts right.
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
My (early) childhood consisted of three things. Sailor Moon, Power Rangers and Super Mario 64.

:wtf
I remember I had only one PoweRangers movie when I was a child, it was french so I had no Idea what the hell happened in it, plot-wise. The action and the robots were sparkly though...:):grin<_>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top